April 20th, 2009 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game 3 Thread

Cataclaw

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame Blame Blame fire gainey trade everyone. Real smart. The team is beat up markov lang breezy tanguay shnides boullion Ya think that might have something to do with it? Carey price played a decent game he needs a little time. Bob is trying to show him we have faith in him and he is not costing us these games. 5 shots in the 3rd period? You expect maybe he should score the goals as well. Right now this team does not have the manpower to win. It is that simple. If we had a full load then you could say this is wrong or that is wrong but guys in the press box arent going to win the game for you. Anyway it looks like we are done for the year, but lets win the next game.

To : Bob Gainey

You're fired. The end.

To: Bob

keep going we are behind you all the way don't listen to the bandwagon assholes.

I just don't see blaming Price for this particular loss. Guess I'm nuts.

The Bruins just have much stronger defensive coverage. Even when we 'dominate' them as we did for the first half, not that many serious scoring chances are generated. The puck flies around but tends not to get on net. When they start pressuring us, though, they tend to get quality chances. Note, also, that Thomas gave up two questionable goals. It's not like the Habs got badly outgoaltended tonight.

As for the idea of firing Gainey as GENERAL MANAGER because of decisions he makes as COACH...for Pete's sake. I have a better idea: rational fan commentary.

Another observation. Koivu did not elevate his game for this series. He looked just as slow in these three games as he's looked for the entire second half.

I love the guy, but he's done.

I put this one on Bob. Price had no business playing tonight.

Koivu is now a #2/#3 guy asked to be the goto guy. You can't blame Koivu for that. He wasn't even on the ice to start the PP's. WTF was Pleks doing starting both PP's???

Just terrible coaching and decsiions by Gainey compounded by terrible decisions all night by the Dmen. The D is not playing well, the team is having trouble scoring and you dress Laraque, Stewart, Kostopolous, Metrolpolit. YOur missing Schneider and Tangauy who are key cogs to your PP and Stewart or Laraque are playing over SK74??? Especially when Lucic isn't even playing.

I'm way more disapointed with the media darlings, Latendresse and Lapierre then Koivu. They play really regressed in the playoffs. They either can't get their shots thorugh the few times they aren't behind the net, the rest of the time they just go behind the net to cough up the puck. They have both sucked the whole series. I think you need to get Latendresse playing with an offensive guy if he is going to take the next step. Lapierre also needs to play with a guy with more upside then Kostopolous. All three have been a one trick pony of going behind the net and just trying for wrap-around. It seems like half the times they are fighting each other for the puck.

It's a shame bcoz the team came out with some jam, but Julian out coached Gainey and made him look like a rookie tonight.

No matter what they do this summer now the team can only get worse. They are going to lose a lot of guys and and giving the fiasco this year and the ownership situation, I think they are going to have even a harder time then usual signing any free agents.

The only light i see is that no matter how bad it is, it can't be as bad as the Houle-Tremblay-Corey years.

Not like SK74 brings much lately, I dunno where he fits in with the habs plans at all...add his brother to that as well...they both have not been good this entire year.

Probably isn't the right place for this, but I really hope Gainey is brought back next year. Everything that could have gone wrong this year, went wrong. That happens. We weren't as good as our 1st place finish would indicate in 07-08, and we're not as bad as our 8th place finish would indicate in 08-09.

Many of the pieces are in place, we just need to make some major changes this offseason and we certainly have the flexibility to do that.

I'm not sure who I would bring back to be honest. Koivu can still be a second line centre IMO, he just needs someone to really take the pressure off (Vinny?).

Komisarek has looked lost most of the season and if he is offered 5 million on the open market, I think you can kiss him goodbye.

Tanguay, we haven't seen too much of him but I'd probably bring him back.

Kovalev is the big one, Gainey seems to get through to him and I'd be comfortable either way with him.

It'll be a very interesting offseason. Not that we're officially out yet, but for all intents and purposes, we are.

The reason why I want to see Gainey fired is because he refuse to admit his mistake. Price is his boy and can do no wrong, and his stubborness to always put him in nets have cost the Habs 2 game out of 3 in this serie.

Making a mistake once is fine. Repeating the same mistake over and over and over is not.

The reason why I want to see Gainey fired is because he refuse to admit his mistake. Price is his boy and can do no wrong, and his stubborness to always put him in nets have cost the Habs 2 game out of 3 in this serie.

Making a mistake once is fine. Repeating the same mistake over and over and over is not.

You are really blaming Price for 2 of 3 losses?

I don't know if you noticed, but the Habs were an 8 seed. How hard has Thomas had to work?

Jesus, he was brutal tonight, that was the only reason the Habs were in the game.

Blame Blame Blame fire gainey trade everyone. Real smart. The team is beat up markov lang breezy tanguay shnides boullion Ya think that might have something to do with it? Carey price played a decent game he needs a little time. Bob is trying to show him we have faith in him and he is not costing us these games. 5 shots in the 3rd period? You expect maybe he should score the goals as well. Right now this team does not have the manpower to win. It is that simple. If we had a full load then you could say this is wrong or that is wrong but guys in the press box arent going to win the game for you. Anyway it looks like we are done for the year, but lets win the next game.

To: Bob

keep going we are behind you all the way don't listen to the bandwagon assholes.

Yeah the manpower situation was bad, but a coach still has to make do and make the right decisions with what he has to work with. Gainey made too many bad decisions during these series. We probably would have lost given all the guys that are out, but to be swept hurts.

I bet even outgoing Gillet is pissed that Gainey probably cost him revenue from an extra home date.

The sad part is that the team has real potential to get a lot worse over the summer :angry: :puke:

Even though it's only been a few minutes since the game ended, I've had a chance to cool down. I guess it's because i was kinda expecting our boys to lose (Especially after I found out that Schneider and Tanguay were out for tonight's game).

- True that we can't lay all the blame at Carey's feet. He's just a 21 year old Kid. He let in some soft goals, but then again, it's kinda hard to win a game when your team can'T score more than 1 or 2 goals per game!

- Injuries just killed us this season, after a great year last year, we were killed by injuries in 2009.

- Next year, i really hope the organization will keep a closer eye on what our youngsters are doing on their "off" time(Price, the kostitsyns, Higgins, Gorges) I'm not saying that we should have them followed, but the organization should have a serious talk with the young guys and let them know that no DISTRATIONS will be tolerated.

- Brisebois should be encouraged to retire

- Koivu should not be resigned unless it's for less than 2.75 million$ per year(max 2 years)

- Bouillon and Dandeneault should be let go. It pains me to say it, but we can'T afford to pay these guys close to 2 million$ per year...not for what they can bring to the team.

- I would offer 1 year deals to Lang and Schneider, but not at the salaries they are making today. I'd offer them maximum 3 milllon$ each!

- Resign Komisarek to a long term deal, not more than 4 million$ per year( i just hope Bob signs him before he goes to free agency, cause if that happens, you can bet that Toronto and Long Island will up the ante just to piss us off! My boy had a hard time this year(especially after coming back from his injury)but he'll be better next year. Too many people here thought that Komi was a 2nd d-man when in fact he's a number 3 maybe even a number 4, playing as a number 2.

- Offer Kovy a 2 year extension at the same salary, he had a sucky year, but still finished with 65 points and has played well in the playoffs. Let's not forget that he is 36 years old...we can't expect him to carry this team anymore...the younger guys will have to step up (Pleks, higgins, Komi, AK46)

- I'd offer Tanguay a deal...see what he says. I like him, but not at 6 million$ per year...maximum 5 million$ per year.

Edited by Habsfan

You are really blaming Price for 2 of 3 losses?

I don't know if you noticed, but the Habs were an 8 seed. How hard has Thomas had to work?

Jesus, he was brutal tonight, that was the only reason the Habs were in the game.

I don't know if i'd blame him for 2 of 3 losses, but he has given up at least 4 or 5 bad goals...(the worst being the 3rd goal in the 2nd game. He really needed to make that save, but was unable to keep us in it!)

I hope he will learn from this and come back stronger(mentally) next season!

Edited by Habsfan

I don't know if i'd blame him for 2 of 3 losses, but he has gibven up at least 4 or 5 bad goals...(the worst being the 3rd goal in the 2nd game. He really need to make that save, but was unable to keep us in it!)

I hope he will learn from this and come back stronger(mentally) next season!

Game 2 was a write off. They were not going to win that game.

People are mistaking goals that a dominant Price would have stopped for BAD goals.

When a player is allowed to blast away from the hash marks, as long as it doesn't slip under your arm

"cough cough" Tim Thomas, it is a legit scoring chance.

Tonight Price made some minor mistakes that ended up behind him, but can I lay it at his feet as allowing

bad goals? Nah, he was average tonight. He gave the Habs what a Chris Osgood would give you, Thomas

was sheltered and can get away with that, Price is A. better than that and B. had to be dominant.

He was not. But it was hardly his fault. If I had to list the players in order of disappointment based on

an average expectation, Price is in the middle. If you judge Price based on expectation of him stepping

up, then he will be higher up the list. But he showed NOTHING over the last 3 months to make me believe

he could reel in his dominant self out of nowhere.

I hope he could, but knew he wouldn't.

LOL

Before the season started , I told you guys the Bruins were going to be good this season

But no, I was bashed around here

I was right.

Muahahahahahahahahaha

Huh, wait .................

Yeah the manpower situation was bad, but a coach still has to make do and make the right decisions with what he has to work with. Gainey made too many bad decisions during these series. We probably would have lost given all the guys that are out, but to be swept hurts.

I bet even outgoing Gillet is pissed that Gainey probably cost him revenue from an extra home date.

The sad part is that the team has real potential to get a lot worse over the summer :angry: :puke:

Or maybe better depending on how ya look it.

Is there a new GM and a new plan

Maybe trim some deadwood, free some salary, have a bad year, get some good draft picks, lottary maybe?? Signs some free agents, get er going again

Well, that's it for me.

I may pop back in at the draft or when the Lecavalier rumours flare up, but this season was too depressing

and I am cutting the chord right now.

Enjoy game 4 and have a good summer.

WAmsley

So little loyalty, hab29 retired change your name you are disgrace to kenny. Patrick could not win this series. Bob made the best decisions with what he had. You may not realize this but he has not got anybody to put out there. we lost 6 top people. Last year they said those fing Ruins lost because Chara was not 100% and bergeron was out. How about half your offence becase that is what we had.

We had a shit year agreed we did everything we could including firing a coach who had the ch tattooed on his chest. Now you want to throw Bob overboard you guys are a joke. Go look in the dictionary what it means to be a habs fan. We are not the fing leafs we don't throw everyone under the bus. we may lose but we do it with style and class not like a bunch of jackals all killing each other. We take it hard and we remember and we come back to make you wish you had never been born, now all you real habs fans ACT like it dammit. Treat this team with respect, not the results we wanted but dammit they are OUR team. till the day i die.

So little loyalty, hab29 retired change your name you are disgrace to kenny. Patrick could not win this series. Bob made the best decisions with what he had. You may not realize this but he has not got anybody to put out there. we lost 6 top people. Last year they said those fing Ruins lost because Chara was not 100% and bergeron was out. How about half your offence becase that is what we had.

We had a shit year agreed we did everything we could including firing a coach who had the ch tattooed on his chest. Now you want to throw Bob overboard you guys are a joke. Go look in the dictionary what it means to be a habs fan. We are not the fing leafs we don't throw everyone under the bus. we may lose but we do it with style and class not like a bunch of jackals all killing each other. We take it hard and we remember and we come back to make you wish you had never been born, now all you real habs fans ACT like it dammit. Treat this team with respect, not the results we wanted but dammit they are OUR team. till the day i die.

+1

When did I say I wanted to get rid of Bob???? What I said that he made poor decisions during this series. I also think he made a major mistake in how he handled free agents this year by not renegotiating during the year (the same way he made the mistake of not signing Streit last year during the season). Streit even said that if the habs had offered a long term deal in Nov/Dec, he probably would have signed for $2m.

Just because BOB GAINEY made the decisions, doesn't mean I have to like his decisions or agree with them!!! I do have my own brain and not going to agree blindly with every decsion he makes just because he is bob gainey. IMO he didn't have the right line combos for success, his strategy of trying to out hit the big bad bruins was a bad one (compared to the last regular season game, when it was the bruins who were taking stupid penalties).

Lastly, his decision to start Price who is clearly off his game. Mentally, and technically he is messed up right now. Maybe long term he will be stonger for it. But it could end up ruining him long term.

As much as I hated Ribeiro, my jaw dropped when I heard all we got was a washed up defensemen that probably wouldn't have cracked Dallas's lineup.

I also wanted to throw my glass at the TV when the habs picked Kostitysn over Getzlaf and my brother was pissed that the habs didn't take Parise.

I was pissed when the picked Fisher as high as they did, bcoz, he probably could have been picked up in the second round, as he was rated MUCh lower then where the habs picked him.

However, I still think Gainey is the best choice to lead this team. I became a habs fan while growing up during the 70's and remember all the hoopla over Bossy and was pissed that the habs didn't take him, or that upon his retirement, Pollack had picked Grundmen as his succesor, when Bowman left a year later, I was pissed, but does that mean that i didn't like Pollack. He was one of the best GM's in history, but that doesn't mean he didn't make mistakes.

When Savard traded Lemieux for Ms. Sylvie Turgeon, i was pissed, just as i was pissed when he gave away Chelios, for a guy the habs should have drafted a decade earlier. I still think Savard was one of the better GM's the habs had. he also made mistakes.

Similarly, this year, it was Gainey the GM making game decions rather then Gainey the coach - and he made some terrible decsions. As GM he sees price as the future, even though it was pretty obvious, Price didn't appear to have confidence - look at his body language, positioning, rebound control - he wanted to go with his annointed future goalie. As a GM, he signed Laraque to a ridciculous contract in a cap system, and used him WAY more then he should have as a coach. Nobody is going to convince me that these decisions were not mistakes - even if it was #23, past captain and current GM of the Habs who made those decisions.

Having said all that, do I think Gainey should be dumped - definitely no. He is better then the dark years under Tremblay and HOule (BTW, according to your logic since Houle and Tremblay were part of the Dynasties of the 70's, no one should criticize them either).

However, I do hope he learns a lesson from some of his decisions this year, because this year he made more bad decisions then good ones. It was a bad year all around where everything that could have gone wrong did.

Do I think Carey Price is to blame for these three losses??? No, Do I think we could have won the series with all the injuries we had to deal with (game 1 & 2 were bad enough, and then we lost Tanguay and Schneider)??? Most likely not - but this is the Bruins, and anything can happen. And for it too happen in these circumstances your goalie HAS to be your best player. And it was apparent that while Price wasn't the reason for us losing, HE COULDN"T POSSIBLY BE THE REASON THAT WE MAY WIN, given the way he was playing.

You still need to make decisions by giving your best players a chance to be your best players. Which is why I think not using Koivu-Tangauay-Kovelev, prevented the habs a legit chance to generate more offence in games 1 & 2. I also think Halak DESERVED to start more then Price - especially tonight. Gainey seemed to be starting Price HOPING that he would turn it around, when all signs are that Price is not on his game - not mentally, not technically. 21 year old kids with confidence problems, don't suddenly turn it around overnight!!

And as far as my loyalty, I've been a habs fan since I got into hockey, and despite living in the West have remained a habs fan through thick and thin - through the bumbling Grundman years and through the ridicilously stupid idiotic incompetence of the Ronald Corey/Rejean Houle/Mario Tremblay years. I remember when a friend told me that the Canadiens traded Roy and Mike Keane to the Avalanche I thought Ok, this is not good, but at least we just picked up Sakic, Forsburg, Kamensky or Ozolinsh. I was speachless wehn I heard what the return was. And through those miserably horrible years under those three stooges, I still rooted for the habs and still listened to every game on radio-canada, bcoz, that was the only option in the west to follow the habs, even though the only french I know are some hockey phrases.

But I guess its disloyal to be pissed of that your team stunk for most of the year and looked like they gave up in the the 3rd period in what was the most important game of the year, or that the GM/Coach was to blind in his faith that his annointed starter would get it together.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Nothing to do with coaches or managers, get rid of the core of the team. Said it without Saiyng it, no more smurff captain. Fire the core and rebuild around what ever youth is worth keeping. Bunch of I am, I was bums. Kovalev and Koivu are useless players, fact! No d-men here worth signing. ###### it, yes I said that, you guys all stink up the rink!!!!!! Hope most of this team is gone next year!!!! SHould have kept Ryder over the captain, that is for sure!!! Bums in the tri-colour!!! No ghosts as they are hiding in shame!!!!

Nothing to do with coaches or managers, get rid of the core of the team. Said it without Saiyng it, no more smurff captain. Fire the core and rebuild around what ever youth is worth keeping. Bunch of I am, I was bums. Kovalev and Koivu are useless players, fact! No d-men here worth signing. ###### it, yes I said that, you guys all stink up the rink!!!!!! Hope most of this team is gone next year!!!! SHould have kept Ryder over the captain, that is for sure!!! Bums in the tri-colour!!! No ghosts as they are hiding in shame!!!!

johnnyhasbeen stop drinking now it is out of hand :lol:

habs 29 while I quoted you I actually addressed my post on a much wider scope to involve more fans. Yours was simply the most negative. 20/20 hindsight is great. I never said you have to agree with all decisions because it is Bob, i know I haven't, but I do not also pretend to think that I have a better understanding of the situation than he does. We do not have to agree with every move or non move (hint stop acting like the Montreal media) I will cheer and support this team in the PLAYOFFS ok and all the time but the time for bitching is over. I AM A HABS FAN NOW AND FOREVER AND MY HOCKEY SEASON ENDS WITH THEM.