April 20th, 2009 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game 3 Thread

Cataclaw

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda disappointed it's only one game. There was serious intent to injure. On the other hand, if we get to seem him come back to the series, I wanna see Habs do some head hunting.

It sucks that Franky got re-injured and Markov still isn't back, but I think the home advantage will be huge. We get the line changes, so Laraque on the first line won't be necessary.

We have to use games 3 and 4 to shift the momentum heading into game 5

There is always something in Bruins-Habs playoff history that changes the series in our favor:

- too many men on the ice

- the McLaren hit on Zednik

- The Komisarek hit on Thornton

Edited by rafikz

1) We are at home

2) No Lucic

3) Hopefully the reffing wont be as bad (but I'm not holding my breath)

Our chances to win this game are as good as they'll ever get.

GO :hlogo: GO

The team needs to do more to help itself. Hopefully we'll see th following changes from the Habs:

1) DISCIPLINE!!!!

2) Playing the Habs game - not trying to play the Bruins style - these means playing a high tempo game using our speed and skill.

3) Better use of personel, starting with taking advantage of line changes to get favorable match-ups, I'd like to see the following lines:

Kovelev - Koivu - Tangauy

Kostitsyn - Plekanac - Higgins

Latendresse - Lapierre - S. Kostitysn

Kostopolous - Metropolit - Laraque

Komisarik - Hamrlik

Weber - Schneider

Gorges - Dandenault

Halak

-I'd also like Gainey double shifting the top line and mixing in Kovy on other lines

4) Driving for the friggin net and creating traffic in front of Thomas WITHOUT taking stupid penalities!!!

5) SHOOTING the friggin puck and actually HITTING the net!

1) We are at home

2) No Lucic

3) Hopefully the reffing wont be as bad (but I'm not holding my breath)

Our chances to win this game are as good as they'll ever get.

GO :hlogo: GO

The team needs to do more to help itself and not worry about refs. Hopefully we'll see the following changes from the Habs:

1) DISCIPLINE!!!!

2) Playing the Habs game - not trying to play the Bruins style - these means playing a high tempo game using our speed and skill rather then trying

to out hit the Bruins.

3) Better use of personel, starting with taking advantage of line changes to get favorable match-ups, I'd like to see the following lines:

Komisarik - Hamrlik

Weber - Schneider

Gorges - Dandenault

Halak

-I'd also like Gainey double shifting the top line and mixing in Kovy on other lines

4) Driving for the friggin net, rather then cycling the puck behind the net around the point.

5) Creating traffic in front of Thomas WITHOUT taking stupid penalities!!!

6) SHOOTING the friggin puck and actually HITTING the net with traffic in front!

7) Keeping it simple when getting the puck out of our end.

Seems pretty simple to me, but I'm not going to be holding my breath.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

The team needs to do more to help itself. Hopefully we'll see th following changes from the Habs:

1) DISCIPLINE!!!!

2) Playing the Habs game - not trying to play the Bruins style - these means playing a high tempo game using our speed and skill.

Komisarik - Hamrlik

Weber - Schneider

Gorges - Dandenault

Halak

4) Driving for the friggin net, rather then cycling the puck behind the net around the point.

5) Creating traffic in front of Thomas WITHOUT taking stupid penalities!!!

6) SHOOTING the friggin puck and actually HITTING the net with traffic in front!

Thats one thing I noticed last game. Thomas was just taking all of our shots square in the chest. We need to have traffic in front! But that easier said then done when Chara is on the ice.

we don't have anyone that wants to sit their butt in front of thomas

I really don't know why they don't work with Latendresse and work with him on parking himself in front of the net and work on tipping the puck. WTF is the point of putting Laraque there. Yeah his tough to move and can make it tough for Thomas to see the puck, but if you put some one in front of the net who can't do anything when there is a loose puck, or tip a puck, he really is a wasted player.

1) DISCIPLINE!!!!

Komisarik - Hamrlik

Weber - Schneider

Gorges - Dandenault

Halak

4) Driving for the friggin net and creating traffic in front of Thomas WITHOUT taking stupid penalities!!!

5) SHOOTING the friggin puck and actually HITTING the net!

I really like your lines. It's about time BG got Kostopolo off the Lats and Laps line, as his play lately has been pretty poor. He has heart and good intentions, just very little skill and poor puckhandling. SK may add some offense to the line.

nice game thread cataclaw. go habs go :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: very disappointed with the guys right now they need to turn it around in a hurry. They can do it and they are going to have to if they want to postpone golf season.

I agree with those lines:

Kovalev - Koivu - Tangauy

Komisarik - Hamrlik

Weber - Schneider

Gorges - Dandenault

Halak

Laraque better not be on the first line again!

Price should be done for the year. His head has imploded and he won't get it back anytime soon.

Even though they won't be playing tonight having Markov and Lang skating is a good sign. If we can win these two games then maybe, just maybe...

Unless they clean up there own end this one is going to the Bruins regardless of which goalie plays. I'm not sure how to do this with the current D on the roster. I do think Weber should stay in for the experience alone. He'll be on the D next year.

I don't see the habs having any character, leadership dicipline, desire or work ethic for them to compete with the Bruins or the other big boys.

I don't know who should sit or who should play as far as the forwards, they have all been pretty useless.

Bruins 4-1.

I sure hope BG takes a good look at these guys and how they have played in the playoffs. That will eliminate alot of resigns for the team. The playoffs are when you discover who is and who is not a player.

With Lucic out of the line up, it should help our boys get a win. But they are gonna have to play alot better than what we've seen in the first two games.

Any word on who,ll be in nets? Price has to step up...he's been weak up to now!