Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I don't care if Russell is run out of the farm team, it was a low risk move considering he only cost us a 7th round pick. The fact that he apparently has chemistry with Maxwell should only help. Possibly to replace a farmer in case he cracks our line-up?

News from Satellite Hotstove.

-Ryan Smyth and the Islanders are about to open contract talks soon.

-Chris Drury is most likely going to hit the UFA market, no contract talks between him and Buffalo have been held so far.

-Daniel Briere is expected to hit the UFA market. Buffalo has not made contact yet. Philly, Habs and Rangers should be making a hard pitch for him if he becomes available via UFA.

-I heard the Rangers are interested in Souray, not sure if I got the info correctly.

There could be more news but I can't remember it for now. Either way, this will be on Spector's site tomorrow morning.

do you want to see halak or price in boston?Huet?

how about Higgins? or Kostysin either of them? Latendress? Koivu?

the point is smart ass that when trading with a divisional rival try to rip them off.....if you had spent a little time reading what I had said instead of bashing my light hearted comments you would have realized what it is I was saying

seriously tho I would give up Ryder and first round pick

besides I'm sure they have janitors on the payrole already

THEY HAVE RASK! What do they want with any of our goalies? Right now they might be looking for something to tide them over but it's not like they worried about the future.

As for those other guys ofcourse I want them on the team but it's not like you say "Sure we'll take the future of your team but I don't want to give you anything of value in return" Pfft things don't work like that. You don't trade trash for gold.

I think those comments were serious, and now that i've challenged you on them you try and make me look like a big jerk by saying you were just joking around.

If you post a trade you think is plausible expect to get a response if I don't do this and let things slide around here soon Dark Faerie will be asking to trade Youppi for Justin Timberlake or something equally as disturbing and that is just not acceptable. :D

So in closing Ryder and 1st is much better.

If you post a trade you think is plausible expect to get a response if I don't do this and let things slide around here soon Dark Faerie will be asking to trade Youppi for Justin Timberlake or something equally as disturbing and that is just not acceptable. :D

Hey! I feel insulted! Just because we have the same first name, doesn't mean I like him. Jonne Aaron however... :wub:

News from Satellite Hotstove.

\-Chris Drury is most likely going to hit the UFA market, no contract talks between him and Buffalo have been held so far.

\

I would love Drury for the Habs I hope the Sabres do not sign him.

THEY HAVE RASK!

No one has ever accused the Bruins of being the sharpest knives in the drawer. Chiarelli had been impressing but maybe it's just a curse of that org. Every so often they must do something stupid. Maybe it's in their mission statement. EG: "Let's dump Thornton and pay Chara what we couldn't or wouldn't give Joe!" :wacko:

Who knows. Maybe they'll trade Rask to Phoenix for Telly :P

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

THEY HAVE RASK! What do they want with any of our goalies? Right now they might be looking for something to tide them over but it's not like they worried about the future.

As for those other guys ofcourse I want them on the team but it's not like you say "Sure we'll take the future of your team but I don't want to give you anything of value in return" Pfft things don't work like that. You don't trade trash for gold.

I think those comments were serious, and now that i've challenged you on them you try and make me look like a big jerk by saying you were just joking around.

So in closing Ryder and 1st is much better.

I was being sarcastic, something I would think that you'd understand judging from your latest post. But that is besides the point, because I really don't want to get into some stupid argument over how I said something or how you interpreted it, to put it bluntly... I'm over it.

The only thing I hate more than reading others arguments over semantics, is getting into those arguments my self. I may have overreacted by calling you a smartass, but I get really upset we people bash the comments of others not just mine (especially mine ;)).

It is obvious that we are both big Habs fans, and I understand that loving something so much can make it a touchy subject at times , believe me I know this first hand. Which makes this whole forum an emotional mine field, as I am sure we all love the Habs very much.

besides, they would have to be stupid to give us Bergeron, even for Ryder and a 1st, Bergeron is the kind of player that makes other around him better and Ryder...well...he can score?

Unless Gainey can swing some kind of magical three way deal its not going to happen, much to my chagrin.

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

Edited by Davehab

Since we have beaten the regular UFA's to death ( Briere, Drury, Gomez and some guys bad jokes with Antropov!?!?!?!)

How about Nylander.

He has been consistent for at least 3 years now and he fits the finesse game the habs curently have.

He would be a great pick up in the $4-$4.5M range.

Since we have beaten the regular UFA's to death ( Briere, Drury, Gomez and some guys bad jokes with Antropov!?!?!?!)

How about Nylander.

He has been consistent for at least 3 years now and he fits the finesse game the habs curently have.

He would be a great pick up in the $4-$4.5M range.

I'm fine with that (for UFA) but we still need another C or Top LW via trade.

Nylander with Kovy and a Talented rookie Kosty or D'Agos

I'm fine with that (for UFA) but we still need another C or Top LW via trade.

Nylander with Kovy and a Talented rookie Kosty or D'Agos

Why would we ned another C? Nylander has proven he can get 80+ points a season. Him and Koivu is a good top 2 tandem and Plekanec on the 3rd is great.

Why would we ned another C? Nylander has proven he can get 80+ points a season. Him and Koivu is a good top 2 tandem and Plekanec on the 3rd is great.

Cause I want Plek on the fourth line and Koivu on the third! I wanna make a great squad not that mediocre tandem your thinking of

Cause I want Plek on the fourth line and Koivu on the third! I wanna make a great squad not that mediocre tandem your thinking of

Every team wants that. I think most of us are trying to be realistic....while dreaming of UFA signings and trades :D

On a side note Ek has this to say. Take it for what its worth.

"Word is the Habs are interested in "a very big signing, but it won't be Briere." That is interesting...More Vinny stuff? "No Comment" "

"Word is the Habs are interested in "a very big signing, but it won't be Briere." That is interesting...More Vinny stuff? "No Comment" "

then again, who isn't interested on making a big signing this summer ??

Koivu on the third!

LOL, the cap would have to be 80 million to be able aford a 5 million $ center.

While there is no way I would demote Koivu to the third line....the Habs did pay Bonk 2.5 million to centre the third line and Samsonov 3.5 to sit of the bench. There is money available for a better 1st line player giving one of the current top line players a demotion to the lower lines.

While there is no way I would demote Koivu to the third line....the Habs did pay Bonk 2.5 million to centre the third line and Samsonov 3.5 to sit of the bench. There is money available for a better 1st line player giving one of the current top line players a demotion to the lower lines.

You're right but don't forget that Bonk and Samsonov were not given that much money so their stats with the habs could suck. They were both expected to contribute to the same levels they did with other teams.

Yeah that way Pleks can get something like 10 minutes a game, he will really develop with that. PFFT.

KOIVU IS NOT A THIRD LINE CENTER! He is a great number 2 a decent number 1. We aren't the friggen Eastern conference all star team.

LOL

I'm setting high expectations thats what we should all be setting... don't be afraid if it fails and hits us in the face! thats the game! If u don't want 4 top lines working their asses to play the most then thats your judgment! lol

Think outside the box sometimes! ;)

KOIVU IS NOT A THIRD LINE CENTER! He is a great number 2 a decent number 1.

Agreed. I'm fine with him being our first line C with a new 2nd line C who can carry some of the weight, or vice versa. A 1a, 1b set up, if you will. He had 75 points last year. He's MORE than good enough for the second line and probably good enough for the first. He just needs some SUPPORT!!!

Ryan Smyth anyone?

Would love to have Ryan Smyth as a habs .... would look nice on a line with Koivu in the middle and Kovalev ( if we have to keep him ) on the right

Every team wants that. I think most of us are trying to be realistic....while dreaming of UFA signings and trades :D

On a side note Ek has this to say. Take it for what its worth.

Vinny is not a UFA!