Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

rumors with Washington..hmmm If any Kovy could be involved. unless its picks transfer

either way I'd be happy !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

If it's Washington, it's likely salary dump time. They have to take on some salaries this summer just to get up to the salary floor. They've also promised Ovechkin they'd get him some players.

You know what... I actually believe Ek. When I come back from the wedding and wake up tomorrow morning, we better have Ovechkin on our team!

Yeah, let's pay 4.3 million for 40-45 points a year. :rolleyes:

Latest Ecklund rumor has Higgins in the Marleau deal. I almost always hope he's wrong about stuff, this time I really, really, really hope he's way off base.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/231445.html

RDS has picked up the Marleau interest by Gainey.

Habs want Marleau

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Well...I might consider Higgins for Marleau, straight up (throw in a 4th round pick or its ilk if you must). But I see Higgins as a star in the making, so that could end up being a lateral move in terms of overall talent, and a huge step backward in terms of salary management and age. And to make matters worse San Jose probably wants Higgins PLUS another major prospect/player, and that's not completely ridiculous given Marleau's stature and the fact that Higgins has not yet put it all together in the NHL for any extended period.

No doubt this is the sticking point - they want Higgins, Bob wants to keep him? But I can't believe a package including Ryder and, say, Kostityn wouldn't interest the Sharks...

Gainey had better be confident the Habs have OTHER wingers in the system of potential comparable to that of Higgins. Otherwise we just solve one problem - C - and create a new one (LW).

Tough, tough call. I don't envy Bob on this one. (Assuming the dilemma exists at all. But the rumour's popping up with enough ferocity that you HAVE to think it has some basis).

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Lang? Didn't he have like 60 points or something last year? I would take Pleks over Lang any day. Pleks had 48 points, and had to play with Kovalev for half the year.

May i remind everyone that the Pleks Hiigins Kosty line was the only one that showed up down the stretch.

What is everyone's obsession with getting old washed up soft players? This team is NOT 1 player away from making the playoffs.

No one said that Lang would be replacing Pleks. Lang would be centreing a third offensive line.

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder

Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Lahti-Lang-Kovalev

Begin-Lapierre-Plug

according to what my friend heard, we got marleau for Ryder youngster and a pick.

Pending on the youngster and pick, I could probably go for that.

Please not for Higgins.

This is our future captain and probably going to be the leader of the team for a long time. I think whatever Marleau has over Higgins in terms of raw talent, Higgins has vastly superior intangiables.

Look at how many years the Rgs spent loading up on the most stats-worthy players, with no playoffs - let alone cups - to show for it.

No f'n way I do any deal with Higgins involved and the Sharks. Stats you can replace. Intangiables you can't. Higgins has the will to win and lead in every fibre of his body. A better offense Carbo, a lesser offense Yzerman, whatever. He is the future.

Lang would not be a bad signing if it were for cheap he has great chemisrty with Kovalev and despite low playoff numbers he did score some big late goals for Detroit.

Please not for Higgins.

This is our future captain and probably going to be the leader of the team for a long time. I think whatever Marleau has over Higgins in terms of raw talent, Higgins has vastly superior intangiables.

Look at how many years the Rgs spent loading up on the most stats-worthy players, with no playoffs - let alone cups - to show for it.

No f'n way I do any deal with Higgins involved and the Sharks. Stats you can replace. Intangiables you can't. Higgins has the will to win and lead in every fibre of his body. A better offense Carbo, a lesser offense Yzerman, whatever. He is the future.

i'd trade Higgins for Thornton... :P No seriously I don't think Gainey is thinking about moving Higgins at all. Him and Komi are the future of this team and everybody knows that...

Higgins for Thornton would be really weird.

Thornton would get 100 pts in the playofs Koivu about 70- everyone bashes Koivu wants him traded

playoffs start

Habs first round they win

Thornton 1 point -5

Koivu 9 points +6 everyone wants to trade joe

It seems like everybody here thinks that we'll get Marleau for cheap ... the Sharks don't have to give up on one of their franchise players - if we want to get him, we have to give great talent. That doesn't mean that I want to trade Higgins (he has to stay, we shouldn't trade our youth - especially those youngsters with some experience) but we surely have to give more than a Ryder (+pick) for Marleau.

andrew, where's your friend from? Laval? BG doesn't go anywhere near laval and doesn't divulgue "done deals"

:o r u stalking me, and saposadly it was heard from tsn or radio or something, and laval rocks !

:o r u stalking me, and saposadly it was heard from tsn or radio or something, and laval rocks !

As my history teacher would say, as long as you don't spell it backwards! :huh:

A Marleau - Ryder swap makes sense if any of this is true. Ryder is becoming a pain. It wouldn't surprise me if Gainey thinks, "Every year we go through this. I have UFA calls to make and other things to inquire about. I'm sick and tired of putting this much energy into Ryder every year as I did with Komisarek, Higgins and Plekanec combined".

Anyway, I read somewhere (sorry, I forget wher article is) that Ryder is filing for arbitration.

Enough of Ryder. I'm fed up with his contract stronewalling. EVERY YEAR! He probably wants to play for you know who. :angry:

A couple of other possibilities making the rounds yesterday, according to globesports.com's Eric Duhatschek, were that Oilers GM Kevin Lowe was trying to acquire the rights to soon-to-be unrestricted free agent Scott Gomez from the New Jersey Devils and Calgary sending Alex Tanguay to Montreal in exchange for Alexei Kovalev.

from globesports.com

boy wouldn't that be awesome.

Edited by marky_and_komi