Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm fine with Markov not going anywhere, although I would have preferred to get a great return in a deal for him.... realizing that would probably end our playoffs hopes this year, I guess we keep the General.

To get rid of Bourque's contract is probably going to cost us a prospect, but on the bright side, any player in return that can play in the lineup, or has any upside or potential would be an upgrade from Bourque. Can't see any more than a plug coming back. Best we could hope for is that the Kings really are interested, and we can add something or retain some salary and get Kyle Clifford, at least he competes. Too bad Bourque is the way he is, and I really think his concussion history isn't helping his will to compete and his ability to think the game as he plays, he always seems like he makes decisions too late, and has the body language of being quite far behind the play mentally. Calgary fans say he never was a gamer, and I guess we paid the price to get rid of the crying baby Cammy....

What would Sabres need for Stafford?

Per LeBrun, the Habs and Markov's camp talked extension yesterday and plan to do so again today.

There's also some speculation that the Habs and Canucks are talking a Tinordi deal.

If Shinkaruk is coming back, may be worthwhile?

Guest Stogey24

Per LeBrun, the Habs and Markov's camp talked extension yesterday and plan to do so again today.

There's also some speculation that the Habs and Canucks are talking a Tinordi deal.

Tinordi? He's exactly what this team needs. I would trade Beaulieu over Tinordi

Guest Stogey24

What would Sabres need for Stafford?

If Shinkaruk is coming back, may be worthwhile?

A small centre who is out for season with hip surgery, no thanks.

Yeah others are countering that there isn't anything imminent with Colorado.

Holy moly on the St. Louis & Callahan deal. 1st and a 2nd round pick going to Tampa. Stevie Y came out on top for that one.

Tinordi? He's exactly what this team needs. I would trade Beaulieu over Tinordi

I wouldn't trade either one of them! Can you imagine our Defence in 4-5 years! Subban-Tinordi and Beaulieu-Emelin

That would be perfect!

I wonder what plan is for Tinordi-Beaulieu?

To let Tinordi play a while and then bring Beaulieu back?

Beaulieu got another goal today and has played well for several games in Hamilton. Might be nice to have his speed and he had some pretty good play prior to Olympics.

Will Pateryn, who has played well all year, get a crack at a couple games in March?

Rumours out of New Jersey are that the Devils offered a second round pick and a prospect for Brian Gionta but it was turned down, either because Gionta refused to waive his no trade clause or because Montreal preferred to keep him. Out of the mix they traded for Tuomo Ruutu instead.

It's a tough rumour to swallow because at that point New Jersey wasn't given their first round pick back and with Ruutu they ended up sending a conditional third in 2017 for him. Also Montreal is thin on the right wing as it is and moving Gionta would mean either playing a left handed player like Galchenyuk or Eller on the right wing or moving Briere or Bourque into a permanent right wing spot in the top six.

If I was to wager a guess, New Jersey offered Loktikonov and a conditional second rounder in 2017 and either Bergevin said no or Gionta said no.