Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Evander Kane had Tyler Myers going the other way, and Seguin had Eriksson, to name a couple. Just to show that trades for stars can indeed have valuable NHLers going the other way.

I'm doubtful that a package with Eller as the best NHL piece could land Johansen.

Valuable players? ok, but Eriksson and Myers were veterans who teams knew exactly what they were giving up.

Its different with a 21 year old with this kind of pedigree. Where his potential has not been reached yet, and he continues to grow with the sky being the limit.

The Sabres weren't giving up Griffin Reinhart in their moves. The Stars weren't giving up Valerie Nichushkin in either the Seguin or Spezza move. Teams aren't giving up the guys who are seen as the centrepieces of their future.

Thats why I think Beaulieu might be an option, but Galchenyuk isn't. He's still a huge building block for us.

When Ottawa traded Heatley, they ended up with the better young player. Arguably you could say th same of the Bobby Ryan trade.

Valuable players? ok, but Eriksson and Myers were veterans who teams knew exactly what they were giving up.

Its different with a 21 year old with this kind of pedigree. Where his potential has not been reached yet, and he continues to grow with the sky being the limit.

The Sabres weren't giving up Griffin Reinhart in their moves. The Stars weren't giving up Valerie Nichushkin in either the Seguin or Spezza move. Teams aren't giving up the guys who are seen as the centrepieces of their future.

Thats why I think Beaulieu might be an option, but Galchenyuk isn't. He's still a huge building block for us.

Bobby Ryan 32 points in 34 games
Jakob Silfverberg 6 points in 31 games

So sure, You could argue that Ottawa got the better young player, but your argument would be DEAD WRONG.

Same with Heatley, he was better than Michalek until he inexplicably fell off a cliff.

Even then Michalek wasn't a 21 year old who had scored 20 more points than anyone else in his draft class.... He wasn't that level of young building block.

The reason you can't point to a guy in his position who was traded in one of these deals, is cause it hasn't happened.

The only close is seguin for Kessel, and the Leafs had no idea they were giving up the 2nd overall pick.

The entire frigging ducks team ducks this year, so using there point totals this year makes a lot of sense right?? How much does Ryan make and how much do Silverberg make?? Ryan got 54 points last year, Silberberg had 39. I'd take Silverberg as a 2nd line RW in a heartbeat. Time may be ripe with the Ducks struggles now.

Bobby Ryan 32 points in 34 games

Jakob Silfverberg 6 points in 31 games

So sure, You could argue that Ottawa got the better young player, but your argument would be DEAD WRONG.

Same with Heatley, he was better than Michalek until he inexplicably fell off a cliff.

Even then Michalek wasn't a 21 year old who had scored 20 more points than anyone else in his draft class.... He wasn't that level of young building block.

The reason you can't point to a guy in his position who was traded in one of these deals, is cause it hasn't happened.

The only close is seguin for Kessel, and the Leafs had no idea they were giving up the 2nd overall pick.

6 points vs the other guy being almost a PPG player?.... I don't care how much the ducks have struggled, telling me that ottawa might have the better player is a joke.

As for contract

Silfverberg is a 3.75 million in cap hit.... for 6 points, thats freaking brutal.

Ryan might be a 7.25 million cap hit... but he's playing like an elite producer. I have no issues with that hit when he's scoring.

Sorry, but bringing up the cap hits isn't helping...

Guest Stogey24

There's a rumour floating around that there is a deal in place for Wayne Simmonds but can't announce it till after the roster freeze.

It's fake, I read that too

you realize the Flyers wouldn't cough up Simmonds for anything less than a Galchenyuk type return right? Look at his contract, it is just about untradeable as in it is so good you would keep it unless you got a ridiculously good deal. The Price would certainly be too high for Bergevin, and Philly doesn't have to give him up unless we make that type of offer.

There's a rumour floating around that there is a deal in place for Wayne Simmonds but can't announce it till after the roster freeze.

Lets analyze this rumor.... the guy who made it is the following twitter account....

https://twitter.com/MEBBouchard/

The guy "supposedly" works for Radio-Canada, but the account is unverified.

At the time he made the rumor, he had 275 followers (he now has 325).

• Both of those things scream "FAKE ACCOUNT"

He is a western canada beat reporter who overheard something from scouts in the press box.

• No other reporter in that press box overheard the same thing.
  • A western canada media guy to the scoop, but here we are 24 hours later and Bob McKenzie, Pierre Lebrun, Dreger, Lavoie, Freidman, ,etc.... etc.... none of them have confirmed the report.
  • None of the montreal or philly beat reporters confirm it either.

This signs pointing to this as a hoax are huge.

That would be great... some scoring, and muscle in the same package :halm:

A bigger question is if they have been scouting them, when?

why is this story that the Oilers are heavily scouting the ice caps coming out now? when the ice caps haven't played in over a week?

Why didn't this story come out when the scouting supposedly happened? Why wait til now?

A bigger question is if they have been scouting them, when?

why is this story that the Oilers are heavily scouting the ice caps coming out now? when the ice caps haven't played in over a week?

Why didn't this story come out when the scouting supposedly happened? Why wait til now?

Could be scouting them next week. The tweet isn't in the past tense...

Bergevin proposes a deal, Chiarelli wants a closer look at a player first, word gets out Edmonton is planning to send a scout to the Icecaps.

Boom... realistic rumour mongering all up in this bitch.

Could be scouting them next week. The tweet isn't in the past tense...

Bergevin proposes a deal, Chiarelli wants a closer look at a player first, word gets out Edmonton is planning to send a scout to the Icecaps.

Boom... realistic rumour mongering all up in this bitch.

Word!

Thomas is gone, who 'might be' likely targets on IceCap, that Oilers 'might be' checking out?

Barberio-Andrighetto-Hudon-Dietz-Bournival?

Barberio wouldn't crack their team while Bournival was just on waivers. I think he needs a good 6-8 week run before anyone really would consider him. Andrighetto has been in Montreal for the last month so probably not him, assuming the scouting was recent. If it was in the last week or two, that would take Hudon out as well. I suspect Dietz doesn't have a whole lot of value right now either.

If I had to guess, McCarron, Gregoire, Lernout, and Bozon would be the most intriguing 'scoutable' names from St. John's in recent weeks.

Sure dlbalr, just didn't think Habs would not want to part with AHL rookies.

It would all depend on who/what is coming the other way. While I think they may hesitate to move McCarron, I can't see any of those other three being anywhere near close to untouchable or even all that hard to get.