Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

You guys are being a little cavalier about adddiction.

If Kassian is, in fact, a drug addict, not just a player who went to rehab in hopes of salvaging his public and professional image, the issue is not as simple as "he's clean, get him on a conditioning stint and see what happens in the league." If he's an addict, the only way he'll make it back to the NHL is through a Masterton worthy story. That's why a team like Edmonton would be interested, imo. They know he's at least a year away from playing in the league.

Wish him luck with his new team in Edmonton. :flaming:

Wait and see... i've heard rumors of Anaheim, Edmonton, San Jose, Philly, .... not sure any have been from a really reliable source (or if they were from a reliable source were said as maybes, not definitives).

To me it makes no sense to move a guy you took a gamble on after he actually did try rehab. Don't know you wouldn't give him 2 or 3 weeks in the minors. Moving him for a guy who is silgjtly better or worse than tokarski on any given night makes no sense.

Our issue has been porous defense and a non-existing offense. Bringing in the third backup goalie this year isn't goin to solve those problems.

you and I completely agree

here is a link to an Oiler site that talks about the Kassian Scrivens trade rumors. I think he copied a habs writer from 6 months ago just kidding but it sure sounds familiar. I think that is a dumb trade and we should pass. http://oilonwhyte.com/2015/12/27/edmonton-oilers-rumor-scrivens-for-kassian/

A kassian for Stewart trade makes some sense (although I'd rather see how he plays for 3weeks first. A kassian - scrivener trade is stupidity.

Chris Stewart also scratched again.

He was a rumored target as well.

Maybe it's something with Edm that makes more sense like forward help?

Like something bigger than most us think?

I agree with 29, Scrivens isn't what we need... we need to give up less prime chances, and we need to manufacture offense.

At this point, I would rather acquire a Stewart than a Scrivens.

But do any of us know Price's real timeline? That may be the key.

• 2 weeks later...

thefourthperiod.com reported that the Canadiens were one of the teams that had expressed interest in Cam Atkinson. However I've read recently that Atkinson is one of Tortorella's favorites and that he may no longer be available. They also reported that Scott Hartnell could be available, but he has a NMC. With the Jackets getting their defenseman from the Preds, I wonder what the cost of Hartnell would be and if he would be willing to waive his NMC to play in Montreal.

thefourthperiod.com reported that the Canadiens were one of the teams that had expressed interest in Cam Atkinson. However I've read recently that Atkinson is one of Tortorella's favorites and that he may no longer be available. They also reported that Scott Hartnell could be available, but he has a NMC. With the Jackets getting their defenseman from the Preds, I wonder what the cost of Hartnell would be and if he would be willing to waive his NMC to play in Montreal.

He would be a good type of player for Mtl... they need a little sand.

I don't know if anyone else said this, but I guess MTL was in Contact with Halifax coaches about Drouin

I really don't think Habs have a chance at Drouin, unless they dramatically over pay though, do you?

Yzerman isn't going to do us any favors

Guest Stogey24

I really don't think Habs have a chance at Drouin, unless they dramatically over pay though, do you?Yzerman isn't going to do us any favors

I just don't know how the cap part would work into the whole process either... Division rivals too... I don't know, I don't really see it. Personally I'd rather trade for bigger bodied vet, who would cost less and bring in some leadership, eg. Eric Staal

I don't know if anyone else said this, but I guess MTL was in Contact with Halifax coaches about Drouin

A couple of teams were reported to have contacted their coaches as part of their background.

Worth noting, the Habs do not have a representative at Drouin's game tonight.

Rumor website thefourthperiod.com has speculated that the Lightning are looking for a "top" right handed defenseman for Drouin. As a result they don't believe that the Canadiens are still in the mix for Drouin.

From what I have read from multiple sites, St. Louis seems to be the front runner right now. They could be offering Shattenkirk (top righty dman). Anaheim is said to be in as well and recent rumors have them shopping Vatanen who happens to be a righty.

The Lightning have very limited cap space, so adding a top right handed defenseman will mean that they will have to create cap room. So this is all likely just speculation. I'm sure that if a team had made the right offer, Drouin would already be in a new city.

Edited by John B

Tampa would be silly to take Shattenkirk (who is a rental and will cost big bucks to re-sign) for Drouin.

Vatanen is a much better trade for them with all the guys they need to re-sign and the fact they will need to replace Stamkos.