Habs @ Ducks - March 7th, 2010

bar

A Kostitsyn looked a little slow at times.

AK46 is starting to get a reputation as being a slow starter. He was slow at the beginning of the year, and now he's been out for a while, so it's taking him some time to find his groove. Hopefully, he'll find it before the playoffs!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice road win. But Hiller had the shootout goal. I can't believe it counted. Watch the replay. If it was against us, we'd be out of our minds. We'd have to endure more conspiracy theories on this site from the regular sources, refs against us garbage. Lucky win, take the points and get out of there.

Nice road win. But Hiller had the shootout goal. I can't believe it counted. Watch the replay. If it was against us, we'd be out of our minds. We'd have to endure more conspiracy theories on this site from the regular sources, refs against us garbage. Lucky win, take the points and get out of there.

I was under the impression that the goal was good because Hiller was moving backwards when he droped the puck in the net. Would have to take a look again though.

AK46 is starting to get a reputation as being a slow starter. He was slow at the beginning of the year, and now he's been out for a while, so it's taking him some time to find his groove. Hopefully, he'll find it before the playoffs!

He's frustrating to watch at times, but if he can get it going again like earlier this season, he can score as much as anyone on the Habs. They'll need him to break out soon.

He's frustrating to watch at times, but if he can get it going again like earlier this season, he can score as much as anyone on the Habs. They'll need him to break out soon.

Cammalleri's return to the lineup should help kickstart AK as well.

I was under the impression that the goal was good because Hiller was moving backwards when he droped the puck in the net. Would have to take a look again though.

Yep, Hiller was moving backwards, therefore the puck was always moving towards the goal, it never stopped having forward momentum. Therefore, it was a goal. It's why you sometimes see goalies do a 90 degree spin sideways to stop their momentum from carrying themselves into the net.

Unbelievable play, really.

What's really astonishing is that the entire season could, quite conceivably, hinge on Hiller's bungling of that one shot in the shootout. :blink: Millions of dollars, heartbreak by the thousands, all potentially in play because the guy forgot to turn his body. Wild.

What's really astonishing is that the entire season could, quite conceivably, hinge on Hiller's bungling of that one shot in the shootout. :blink: Millions of dollars, heartbreak by the thousands, all potentially in play because the guy forgot to turn his body. Wild.

Or it could hinge on Chris Lee's No goal call on Gomez tying goal that was clearly clean a few months ago. Cuz he was GOING TO BLOW THE WHISTLE! Hopefully it doesn't hinge on either.

Or it could hinge on Chris Lee's No goal call on Gomez tying goal that was clearly clean a few months ago. Cuz he was GOING TO BLOW THE WHISTLE! Hopefully it doesn't hinge on either.

I'm still stunned people didn't know that rule. They bring it up almost every time there's a replay involving the whistle blowing.

I'm still stunned people didn't know that rule. They bring it up almost every time there's a replay involving the whistle blowing.

I knew it was a rule and it has it's place, but the time i'm thinking about it was just gross.

Cammalleri's return to the lineup should help kickstart AK as well.

Elliotte Friedman was on The Team 990 last night, and he had just spent the day in Montreal with Mike Cammalleri. According to Friedman, Camms started skating yesterday and is expected back in the line-up within the next 7-10 days.

On a different note, tonight's game has me really worried. Everytime our boys come out of a great week, where they outdid themselves, they usually drop a few "easy" games...and tonights game against Tampa ius supposed to be an easy one(in the sense that Tampa isn't as good as L.A. or the Sharks or the Ducks. I just hope our boys will be motivated for this one!

Tampa and the Ducks are comparable in the standings, so there should be no taking them lightly in that regard (the Habs outshot them badly, BTW, no one seems to have mentioned that). The big problem is that we know Tampa's Quebec boys always put on a show at the Bell Centre. That can't happen tonight... this is too big of a game to let Marty and Vinny run wild. Not to mention Stamkos, Malone, Tanguay and Downie (!).