Habs facing Huge summer

Wamsley01

Player's that I've heard rumors about dating back to trade deadline that I would love to have and not mind giving up a goalie for:

- Carter

- Sharp

- J. Johnson

- Horton

- Booth

- van Riemsdyk

Edited by ForumGhost

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player's that I've heard rumors about dating back to trade deadline that I would love to have and not mind giving up a goalie for:

- Carter

- Sharp

- J. Johnson

- Horton

- Booth

- van Riemsdyk

if we cant get PLeks for 4 mil, i think we should go hard for carter or sharp for sure..

Unfortunately Sharp plays wing. If Pleks walks, we are gunna need a 1st/2nd line center, no way around it. Carter would be fantastic. Make it happen PG!

sharp can play center also i think??????????

Unfortunately Sharp plays wing. If Pleks walks, we are gunna need a 1st/2nd line center, no way around it. Carter would be fantastic. Make it happen PG!

Sharp plays both, and played both C and W this year, depending on the situation. Quennville really mixed up his lines, but once he had Bolland back from injury, Sharp didn't see a lot of centre action, so you're probably thinking of the playoffs where he was pretty much exclusively a winger (top 3 centres: Toews, Bolland, Madden).

If the Canadiens trade Price for Malone and a 1st rounder they are idiotic.

These are the type of deals that blow up in your face.

You spend 5 years toughing out your own prospects growing pains and as he enters the upswing

of every goalie post expansion (23-27 years old) you deal him for an average winger and a

player that you have to develop for another 5 years, then go out and sign a backup for the same

cost as Price?

You don't trade either goalie for a B level package unless Halak gets something outrageous in

arbitration. Who cares if neither of them are happy, they can't do anything about it.

You don't give assets away, simple as that. If Stevie Y calls the Habs asking for Price, the starting

point is Stamkos then goes to Hedman. If they are untouchable you hang up the phone.

1. If the Canadiens trade Price for Malone and a 1st rounder they are idiotic.

2. You don't give assets away, simple as that. If Stevie Y calls the Habs asking for Price, the starting

point is Stamkos then goes to Hedman. If they are untouchable you hang up the phone.

1. I agree

2. Uh, Tampa hired Stevie Y., knowleagble hockey man--not the village idiot or Reggie Houle. :blink:

With those demands, it will be Tampa slamming down the phone.

What I would like to see is Gomez for Vinnie with extra pics and a prospect coming our way for taking that monster contract

Big risk--big reward and yes before you flame me I know that it is highly unlikely.

:clap: :hlogo: :clap:

You spend 5 years toughing out your own prospects growing pains and as he enters the upswing

of every goalie post expansion (23-27 years old) you deal him for an average winger and a

player that you have to develop for another 5 years, then go out and sign a backup for the same

cost as Price?

You don't trade either goalie for a B level package unless Halak gets something outrageous in

arbitration. Who cares if neither of them are happy, they can't do anything about it.

You don't give assets away, simple as that. If Stevie Y calls the Habs asking for Price, the starting

+1

This would be as idiotic as Milbury's trade to move Luongo + to draft Dipietro

Why do the need another D man? Without Markok the still have

Hamrlik Subban

Spacek O'byrne

Gill Gorges

Carle as #7.

Unless the are trading or moving someone i doubt they spend any money on the back end.

They need 2 top 6 guys to play with Cammi, (Pleks, Ak46) may not be around.

They need a 3rd line center, Moore is the a good option but may ask for too much money. Pyatt and Moen i believe will be the wingers.

They need a tough guy on the 4th line, I see White and Lapierre already there.

Why do the need another D man? Without Markok the still have

Hamrlik Subban

Spacek O'byrne

Gill Gorges

Carle as #7.

Unless the are trading or moving someone i doubt they spend any money on the back end.

They need 2 top 6 guys to play with Cammi, (Pleks, Ak46) may not be around.

They need a 3rd line center, Moore is the a good option but may ask for too much money. Pyatt and Moen i believe will be the wingers.

They need a tough guy on the 4th line, I see White and Lapierre already there.

Why? cuz this D purely sucks balls hard. I like Gill during the playoffs, but he was awful all season long before the bid dance started. Subban will be a rookie and won't be able to be good for the minutes Hamrlik will.

cost as Price?

if we cant sign price and halak..one might needed to be trade..i didnt say i like the trade but if we got to deal it might work..NO ONE WOULD TRADE A PLAYER LIKE Stamkos FOR PRICE....LMFAO THATS idiotic....I what to keep both guys..but i was just putting names out for fun...

if we cant sign price and halak..one might needed to be trade..i didnt say i like the trade but if we got to deal it might work..NO ONE WOULD TRADE A PLAYER LIKE Stamkos FOR PRICE....LMFAO THATS idiotic....I what to keep both guys..but i was just putting names out for fun...

really in a prefect we would keep both guys..The talk is that TB would like to have price...so i thought we would put out some names....but of course u cant have fun on this site because u just get call a idiot...man if u really think someone would trade Stamkos for price then i cant help u..that is a unreal deal..I dont think TB would even make the deal i put foward...i think we well have to move one guy and i hope its not price but if u think we can get a Stamkos type player for price or halak you we be very sad soon...the reason i said 1st pick is because TB as the 6 pick(price was a 5 pick) and i said Malone because he is a big winger and it would help TB dump cash and make them a younger team..but i dont think TB would even make this deal..

so iam not saying trade price but just having fun at looking at the guys we might trade for him or halak..

Why? 12 months ago it would have been a 1 time All-Star who has a Calder Cup, World Junior MVP

and CHL goaltender of the year on his resume for a guy who struggled to average 1/2 a point per game.

Plenty can change in 12 months and what everybody sees as absurd today could look one-sided next season.

How many times do I have to repeat this. If they can't sign both goaltenders, HALAK will be the problem

not Carey Price. Price met 2 of his 9 bonuses meaning that he probably made just over a million last season.

His cap number is not $2.2M and his raise will not be reflected as an increase on 2.2M. It will be on $1.1M.

Hence his signability is not an issue, Halak with arbitration rights is the possible problem.

The Habs DO NOT have to make a decision on their goaltending this summer.

really in a prefect we would keep both guys..The talk is that TB would like to have price...so i thought we would put out some names....but of course u cant have fun on this site because u just get call a idiot...man if u really think someone would trade Stamkos for price then i cant help u..that is a unreal deal..I dont think TB would even make the deal i put foward...i think we well have to move one guy and i hope its not price but if u think we can get a Stamkos type player for price or halak you we be very sad soon...the reason i said 1st pick is because TB as the 6 pick(price was a 5 pick) and i said Malone because he is a big winger and it would help TB dump cash and make them a younger team..but i dont think TB would even make this deal..

so iam not saying trade price but just having fun at looking at the guys we might trade for him or halak..

So what do the Habs get out of this proposal?

Tampa gets cap relief and the possibility of an elite goaltender. The Habs get more cap problems which

would hinder them signing Halak/Plekanec and a project pick for 3-5 years from now?

There is a reason that Yzerman is stalking Price, he thinks he can get him on the cheap. His trade value is

at an all time low. THIS IS HOW Luongo and Jokinen for Parrish and Kvasha happen.

If Milbury asked in 2000 for Bure in return for Luongo/Jokinen it would be just as absurd as Stamkos, yet who would

have won that deal? Milbury made a trade that had a 90% chance to blow up in his face for the 10% chance it may

break even.

The Habs are not desperate, so why make a desperate deal?

So what do the Habs get out of this proposal?

Tampa gets cap relief and the possibility of an elite goaltender. The Habs get more cap problems which

would hinder them signing Halak/Plekanec and a project pick for 3-5 years from now?

There is a reason that Yzerman is stalking Price, he thinks he can get him on the cheap. His trade value is

at an all time low. THIS IS HOW Luongo and Jokinen for Parrish and Kvasha happen.

If Milbury asked in 2000 for Bure in return for Luongo/Jokinen it would be just as absurd as Stamkos, yet who would

have won that deal? Milbury made a trade that had a 90% chance to blow up in his face for the 10% chance it may

break even.

The Habs are not desperate, so why make a desperate deal?

i didnt say make a deal..i said not to..i just putting names out their to match the rumours that are coming out for fun.....man u should relax..my idea is dumb but you think TB would trade Stamkos?

I think price is the real deal but i bet most gms dont, even most habs fans dont so i dont think u going to get the deal u would like.....

but feel free to let me KnoW the deal u would make if u HAD to trade one of the goalies just for FUN...Iam not really worry want Milbury done in 2000..Iam worried about the habs in 2010.

Why? 12 months ago it would have been a 1 time All-Star who has a Calder Cup, World Junior MVP

and CHL goaltender of the year on his resume for a guy who struggled to average 1/2 a point per game.

Plenty can change in 12 months and what everybody sees as absurd today could look one-sided next season.

How many times do I have to repeat this. If they can't sign both goaltenders, HALAK will be the problem

not Carey Price. Price met 2 of his 9 bonuses meaning that he probably made just over a million last season.

His cap number is not $2.2M and his raise will not be reflected as an increase on 2.2M. It will be on $1.1M.

Hence his signability is not an issue, Halak with arbitration rights is the possible problem.

The Habs DO NOT have to make a decision on their goaltending this summer.

halak might be the problem but i dont think the fan base cares...If halak moved i fear the fans well take it out on price....

i didnt say make a deal..i said not to..i just putting names out their to match the rumours that are coming out for fun.....man u should relax..my idea is dumb but you think TB would trade Stamkos?

I think price is the real deal but i bet most gms dont, even most habs fans dont so i dont think u going to get the deal u would like.....

but feel free to let me KnoW the deal u would make if u HAD to trade one of the goalies just for FUN...Iam not really worry want Milbury done in 2000..Iam worried about the habs in 2010.

halak might be the problem but i dont think the fan base cares...If halak moved i fear the fans well take it out on price....

My idea is not for Tampa to trade Stamkos, it is for Montreal to say if you want Price you are going to pay out your nose. Hedman or Stamkos are the only players who can return the same type of future value. This is not a discount sale.

Malone/pick is a discount sale. Lecavalier is a player on the wrong side of prime making more than he is producing, same with St. Louis. You don't trade from weakness, those who do lose the majority of the time.

The cap world is all about value above replacement cost. Gomez is a negative player, if you replace him with a $7M player he will produce less than his replacement. If you replace Price with a $1.5M goaltender, he will likely outproduce 90% of them.

This is the problem with Jaro this season. The fans have invested emotionally in him and the cost of emotion

could alter the course of this team for a decade. When you add in that he goes from being one of the best

dollar values in the NHL to likely an even value, it is no longer a slam dunk that you keep him.

C.C. mentioned last season that this is a stealth rebuild, we will see if the playoff run altered the belief that it is.

If the Habs keep Price/Halak then C.C. is likely right. If they deal them for a plug-in forward to fill a short term

weakness then uh oh.

I'm of the 'trade a goalie' camp just because I believe that we can turn one into a prime asset. Trade one guy who will play 30 game to another who will play 82? Sounds smart to me.

Short term thinking.

Edited by Wamsley01

I agree with Wamsley. We are in a position of strength when it comes to our goalies. If you want one then it is going to cost you young, cheap talent. Not third line talent but first line talent. The only issue could be an outrageous arbitration award to Halak.

I wonder if it is possible to convince Pittsburgh that Spacek would be a good replacement for Gonchar?

Yeah, the cap situation offers ZERO reason to trade either goalie given the cap situation. In fact, if the cap is the issue, then you trade Halak, not Price.

The ONLY reason to trade Price is if you want this team to contend within its 3-4-year window, think that adding a top-6 forward is a major key to making that happen, and can turn Price into that top-6 forward. To me, this would be a reasonable (if chancy) hockey move.

You do NOT trade Price as part of a move to replace Plekanec or anyone else. That is Toronto Maple Leafs logic, depleting key young assets in order to keep the team where it is - even though where it is isn't good enough. You trade Price ONLY if doing so adds a major missing element to the existing core (or equivalent, after Pleks has been replaced).

Short term thinking.

Trading a redundant asset for a good, young, high potential center like Jeff Carter who could become a long term offensive threat and core player for years is short term thinking? Plus, if you are always thinking of the future, when do you think of the present? Contending while Markov, Cammy, Gionta and co. are still in their prime should be the number one focus.

Edited by ForumGhost

Trading a redundant asset for a good, young, high potential center like Jeff Carter who could become a long term offensive threat and core player for years is short term thinking? Plus, if you are always thinking of the future, when do you think of the present?

Carter is only signed for one more year. How's that for long term?

Carter is only signed for one more year. How's that for long term?

Good point, but sometimes you have to take the chance of hoping you can lure him back. If you operate as a GM always assuming the worst, you will never take any risks, and you know what they say about risk and reward.