TV: CBC, RDS, FSN-Carolina
Radio: CJAD,CKAC
Edited by dlbalr

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets keep it going tonight. Hopefully our power play can continue and also Gomez and Gionta can keep it going.

Should be a good game. I have a feeling that Ward is gonna be stellar tonight and the Habs will have a tough time scoring.

Go Habs Go.

From the Gazette:

Since December 2003, the Canadiens have not beaten Carolina in regulation time on home ice. In the teams' last 11 meetings in Montreal, the Habs have won three in overtime or shootout and lost eight.

The boys had better bring their A game! GO HABS GO!!!!

Regarding Carolina's last match against Philadelphia they were whipped 8 to 1. Philadelphia scoring 4 goals in the 3rd period. Looks like the teams moral is very low and we can take advantage of that tonight by scoring a pair of goals as quickly as possible and hence forcing them into playing our game. Another win tonight will compensate for that inevitable slump we will go through probably in January of 2011.

GO BLEU - BLANC - ROUGE :clap:

Regarding Carolina's last match against Philadelphia they were whipped 8 to 1. Philadelphia scoring 4 goals in the 3rd period. Looks like the teams moral is very low and we can take advantage of that tonight by scoring a pair of goals as quickly as possible and hence forcing them into playing our game. Another win tonight will compensate for that inevitable slump we will go through probably in January of 2011.

GO BLEU - BLANC - ROUGE :clap:

The game before that though was a 7-1 victory so I'm not sure the demoralization factor is there. In the last 5 games, 4 have been blowouts, 2 wins, 2 losses. Heck, could be their strategy this year (outcome not in doubt beyond the 2nd), not a good way to generate fan interest though. :)

Bad feeling about this one. I can't rationalize it, I just feel Price is due for a stinker. Otherwise put: things are suddenly going a little too well. We're due for a bitch-slapping to bring everyone down to earth. Plus it's Carolina - always bad luck for us. :puke: Which key player will do down with a freak injury? Let the betting commence.

Haha everyone is a debbie downer when it comes to the canes...me too :(

Bleu Blanc Rouge! Bkeu Blanc Rouge!

Ya..funny how some teems can psyche you. And this is one...but we owe them...ever since Koivu took one in the eye. Time to reverse the curse!

Go Habs GO!

Bleu Blanc Rouge! Bkeu Blanc Rouge!

Ya..funny how some teems can psyche you. And this is one...but we owe them...ever since Koivu took one in the eye. Time to reverse the curse!

Go Habs GO!

Nice passing by Carolina in our end.

Our D are pretty generous with chances early on.

Nice passing by Carolina in our end.

Our D are pretty generous with chances early on.

Habs seem to be keeping most of the shots from the outside, and Carey's seeing everything. There's the odd breakthrough, but Carey's smooth as a cucumber back there.

And Pleks is hungry.

Good first period.

We really need another winger. We can put Pleks, Cammy and Gionta together, leaving Gomez with (a now cool) AK plus Laps??? Or we can give Gionta and Cammy to Gomez, and that screws Pleks. Or we split it, and we have two half lines...

We either need a real winger for Gomez, or Eller / Pouliott need to step up. Problem with that is they are playing well on their current lines. Maybe we can trade Laps, and spacek to the leafs for Kessel. :)

Habs seem to be keeping most of the shots from the outside, and Carey's seeing everything. There's the odd breakthrough, but Carey's smooth as a cucumber back there.

And Pleks is hungry.

A great combination, Seb. I have total confidence in Price these days. It sure looks like he's arrived.

Good first period.

We really need another winger. We can put Pleks, Cammy and Gionta together, leaving Gomez with (a now cool) AK plus Laps??? Or we can give Gionta and Cammy to Gomez, and that screws Pleks. Or we split it, and we have two half lines...

We either need a real winger for Gomez, or Eller / Pouliott need to step up. Problem with that is they are playing well on their current lines. Maybe we can trade Laps, and spacek to the leafs for Kessel. :)

I hope we could throw in a first round pick or two as well, eh?

They've had a lot of PP's tonight. I guess its because they're pressing pretty well.

Laps takes another stupid penalty.. Its time to trade him for a bag of pucks.

He played really well in the playoffs , but I gather he's been less than stellar of late.

A few years ago, the Canadiens did not have the resiliency to outlast the Canes like they did in the first 5-10 minutes of this game and then again to retake the lead after giving it up. This is so much fun to watch.

Good piont. They used to get bullied around. Not tonight, though :clap:

Nice shot by Gionta.. I think he is officially over his slump.

wow... laps scored.. I guess i will lay off him.. until his next stupid penalty.

I figger he heard you and he responded positively to the criticism.