GDT: Habs vs Bruins, Game 5

dlbalr

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may not be popular, but as much as I hate the bruins I have go say they have earned my respect, this is great HOCKEY.

They will never earn my respect. I despised the Nordiques i the 80's - especially when Stasny and Hunter were killing them. But I absolutely HATE the Bruins. They are the first time, where I wish, hope that their top players get serious career threatening injuries. I hated them when they took out Zednik. The there was all the anti-Subban crap by the bruins and the ex-bruins calling the habs cochroaches. What finally sealed it for me was the Chara hit on MaxPac, I hope that karma comes back to knock out a top bruin like Bergeron, or a potential future star like Seguin.

man talk about crappy ice - can't believe how much water is on the ice!!

Once again, the Bruins with the fortune on their side.

Both goals just land right on a Bruins stick.

Edited by Wamsley01

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!

Was DD hurt????? Why were Moen back with G&G????

now we will get to hear CHerry go on about he picked the winning goal scorer :angry2:

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!

Was DD hurt????? Why were Moen back with G&G????

now we will get to hear CHerry go on about he picked the winning goal scorer :angry2:

That guy has done nothing all series.

Cammy looked so weak on that final sequence. Anyway, Thomas made a hell of a save.

It was a great save, that was your typical Thomas game.

Three times out of he net, Ryder glove save, Chara skate and Chara leg.

Edited by Wamsley01

Well, the Bruins are roaring back. Two overtime wins are killer. Anyone else notice the brutal hold by Chara 20 seconds before that goal. :(

The Bruins ability to win the battles in front of the net has been the difference. Our guys are getting banged up, the Bruins are hitting their stride.

It could have gone either way, but three straight losses doesn't bode well.

Price wasn't one of the official 3 stars in this one, that's a bit of a shocker. Suffice it to say, he won't be forgotten in HW's 3 Stars which I'm writing up...despite the fact I'm generally in bed most nights by now.

Well, the Bruins are roaring back. Two overtime wins are killer. Anyone else notice the brutal hold by Chara 20 seconds before that goal. :(

The Bruins ability to win the battles in front of the net has been the difference. Our guys are getting banged up, the Bruins are hitting their stride.

It could have gone either way, but three straight losses doesn't bode well.

Bruins choked a 3-0 lead, the Habs were a fortunate bounce from being up 3-2. I am not giving up on a team that was 2 OT goals away from a 4-1 win.

Price wasn't one of the official 3 stars in this one, that's a bit of a shocker. Suffice it to say, he won't be forgotten in HW's 3 Stars which I'm writing up...despite the fact I'm generally in bed most nights by now.

you actually thought that Boston would have selected Price??? At least CBC did, but i wouldn't expect an organization that has zero class to acknowledge the game Price played.

I dont think Price looked good on the ot goal. He should not have given up a rebound on that play. Oh well we'll see what happens in Montreal but i'm not very optimistic.

I dont think Price looked good on the ot goal. He should not have given up a rebound on that play. Oh well we'll see what happens in Montreal but i'm not very optimistic.

Are we really going there?

I think we're done. Its rare you give up a 2-0 series lead, go down 3-2 and come back to win. The second half collapse in Game 4 pretty much was a wasted oppertunity for the habs.

But you can't put this on Price. If anything it was lousy coverage by Hammer.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I think we're done. Its rare you give up a 2-0 series lead, go down 3-2 and come back to win. The second half collapse in Game 4 pretty much was a wasted oppertunity for the habs.

But you can't put this on Price. If anything it was lousy coverage by Hammer.

Thomas had 3 separate plays where he was in no man's land and his D picked up the coverage.

Price made the save and Hammer didn't control his man. The first save is on Price, the D needs to clear the rebound.

Habs came back from 3-1 and 3-2 last season. Bruins choked a 3-0 lead, Canucks are playing a game 6 we never expected, the Bolts just destroyed the Pens to force game 6.

The new NHL is so tight that things that used to be rare are becoming common place now.

Edited by Wamsley01

I think the defensive zone coverage is a perfect case for not bringing back the old farts on D. Hammer, Sopel and we really got to find a way to dump Spacek.

I know a lot of people want Gill back as well. But I'd dump all 4 of these guys along with Mara. Bring back Markov, Wiz and Gorges to play with Subban. Gill has served his purpose, but if this is team is going to be successful, they need a defense that can help the transition game, instead of the slow, old D that has trouble getting out of their own end.

Bring one solid PHYSICAL Dman who can clear the net and let Weber and another young player fight it out for the 6th spot.

I don't have much hope for game 6, but can JM finally DUMP Gomez from the 2nd line!!!

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I think the defensive zone coverage is a perfect case for not bringing back the old farts on D. Hammer, Sopel and we really got to find a way to dump Spacek.

With Markov down and Wiz hurt Hammer has to play way more than he should at his age.

If he is a 4-6 he is worth bringing back. A 3 is too much for him.

With Markov down and Wiz hurt Hammer has to play way more than he should at his age.

If he is a 4-6 he is worth bringing back. A 3 is too much for him.

Not if he is going to want anything over $2.5M. And even then, I wouldn't want him because we already are stuck with Spacek's $3.5M unless we can find a GM dumb enough to take him off our hands, or find a way to creatively get rid of him (i.e. give up a 3rd rounder and Spacek for someone's 5th or 6th pick), just to get his cap hit off the books. If I was a GM, I wouldn't even pay Spacek the league minimum next year!!

I'd much rather have the habs get rid of the old goats and spend the money on the habs other UFA dmen (markov, Gorges, WIz) and then try to get a guy like Bieksa who is physical and a puck moving Dman to boot.

Thomas had 3 separate plays where he was in no man's land and his D picked up the coverage.

Price made the save and Hammer didn't control his man. The first save is on Price, the D needs to clear the rebound.

Habs came back from 3-1 and 3-2 last season. Bruins choked a 3-0 lead, Canucks are playing a game 6 we never expected, the Bolts just destroyed the Pens to force game 6.

The new NHL is so tight that things that used to be rare are becoming common place now.

I just didn't see enough from the team i this game. We were lucky to tie it. Yes, we had some good chances where Thomas was lucky. But for the most part, the bruins outchanced us. Price had to make a lot more big saves the Thomas and the biggest issue, is that our guys really didn't make life difficult for the bruins D, the way they did in the first 2 games, the third period of game 3 and the first half of game 4. I think they are probably going to deflated after blowing a 2-0 lead and then dropping two games at home.

Not if he is going to want anything over $2.5M. And even then, I wouldn't want him because we already are stuck with Spacek's $3.5M unless we can find a GM dumb enough to take him off our hands, or find a way to creatively get rid of him (i.e. give up a 3rd rounder and Spacek for someone's 5th or 6th pick), just to get his cap hit off the books. If I was a GM, I wouldn't even pay Spacek the league minimum next year!!

I'd much rather have the habs get rid of the old goats and spend the money on the habs other UFA dmen (markov, Gorges, WIz) and then try to get a guy like Bieksa who is physical and a puck moving Dman to boot.

I am not talking about free agents until the Habs are eliminated. This team was right there tonight and the Bruins are fortunate to be up.

This isn't team flaws, it is a pick em series and the Bruins have 2OT wins so far. Why get negative? If everybody wants to feel like an ass, go back and read the archives for Washington Game 4 and Pittsburgh Game 5. You will see the same negativity, Jesus, go back 2 periods and you will get the idea.

I just didn't see enough from the team i this game. We were lucky to tie it. Yes, we had some good chances where Thomas was lucky. But for the most part, the bruins outchanced us. Price had to make a lot more big saves the Thomas and the biggest issue, is that our guys really didn't make life difficult for the bruins D, the way they did in the first 2 games, the third period of game 3 and the first half of game 4. I think they are probably going to deflated after blowing a 2-0 lead and then dropping two games at home.

And the Habs out chanced the Bruins significantly in Game 4, yet lost.

Edited by Wamsley01

I think I read somewhere that Carey is 0-7 in his last 7 playoff starts at home. Time for him to get a win at the Bell Center.

Edited by Habsy