Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

11 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

favorite non-alcoholic beer  🍻 🍺 🍻 🍺 🍻 🍺 🍻 🍺

Havent found one of those worth drinking.:1vomit:

Low carb shite is watery enough, but as i am often reminded, is likely better than none.

Fowler 31 saves in 7-1 win (Leonard-Smith-Leonard 6 pts helped)

Kapanen is on fire 1g1a with 8pts in last 4 games?

Reinbacher 1a 17:12 in another loss for his crappy team.

Eriksson was demoted and got 1g1a in Allsvenskan(Swe2) league game.

Hutson plays at 6pm today

Beck is the only non-alcoholic beer I can drink.

I am drinking Strongbow cider lately but still enjoy regular beer.

but I agree most of the non-alcoholic taste like wet cardboard 

https://chl.ca/ohl-rangers/article/spotlight-filip-mesar/

Mesar is doing well.

Pitlick/Mittelstadt with Minni today on TSN2

National Collegiate Athletic Association Stats

Player Team
GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
PIM

Pitlick, Rhett Minnesota
+3

Hutson, Lane Boston University

Tuch, Luke Boston University
+13

Biondi, Blake Minnesota Duluth

Mittelstadt, Luke Minnesota

Harris, Sam Denver
+4

Smith, Jack Minnesota Duluth
+0

Player Team GP GA Min Shots SO W L OT GAA Svs%  
  Fowler, Jacob Boston College 19 42 1146:55 560 1 14 4 1 2,20 0,925  
  Croteau, Emmett Clarkson 3 8 174:22 62 0 1 2 0 2,75 0,871  

• Upvote 1

Beck 6gms 12pts since trade.

Ontario Hockey League Stats

Player Team
GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
PIM

Guindon, Cédrick Owen Sound

Beck, Owen Saginaw
+5

Mešár, Filip Kitchener
+15

Xhekaj, Florian Brantford
+10

Sobolev, Daniil Brantford
+7

Habs Prospects

Arpon Basu's Canadiens weekly notebook had some tidbits that didn't make it into a recent feature he did on David Reinbacher ... summarizing:

One related to his ability to handle BIG minutes ... the Swiss National League has no TV timeouts so it makes playing 22 or 24 minutes more impressive ... bigger NHL players use TV timeouts to rest ... also taking account of the larger ice surface, playing big minutes in Switzerland reflects conditioning and a "motor" that should allow him to play big NHL minutes ***if*** he has the skill to earn it.

The other is that the calibre of play in the NL improved with the increase from 4 to 6 imports per team ... DR is a young kid playing an integral role on his team, including the power play and major minutes against grown men, with a lot of the imports having NHL experience.

No GUARANTEES of future success but interesting to know.

He averages 18:14/game, on a bad team.

I will wait and see how he does in NA before getting too excited.

Gotta wonder, would Laval have been better place to play this year, aside from the Reinbacher wanting to return to Europe & finish his education bit.

21 minutes ago, DON said:

He averages 18:14/game, on a bad team.

I will wait and see how he does in NA before getting too excited.

Gotta wonder, would Laval have been better place to play this year, aside from the Reinbacher wanting to return to Europe & finish his education bit.

I think they've handled him well.  Yes, he's on a bad team but that's a lot of playing time for a teenager in a league where they dress seven defencemen.  He has had some struggles but when you're a teenager in a men's league, that's going to happen.

He'll get his chance in Laval soon enough.  I expect he'll be there in March at some point so it'll be an opportunity to assess how he's developed this year and how close he could be to being NHL-ready.  (I'm not advocating for him to play in the NHL next season, just saying that's one of the things management will evaluate.)

This writer (Dumont) always has a nice negative spin on Habsstuff, assume to drum up attention.

(seems opposite of EOTP euro guy post (above) and Basu's recent article on Reinbacher's season.)

But no doubt an injury & having 3 different head coaches in 1 year aint likely best for him, am sure all would agree.

"...Reinbacher suffered an injury in the early parts of the season, one that seems to have completely derailed his Draft+1 year.

Reinbacher only has one goal this season and it came while the opposition had pulled their goaltender in favour of an extra attacker. In 23 games, he’s managed to add seven assists, pushing his season totals to eight points, a rather underwhelming result when you consider he was a top-five draft pick.

His defensive play has suffered as well, though a lack of defensive structure is likely at play.

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2024/01/24/montreal-canadiens-prospect-reinbacher-dealing-with-another-new-coach-kloten-laval/#

Dumont has a long history of Habs articles... managing EOTP at one point, working directly for the Habs on their website, being at the athletic, and now at MHN.

I dont think hes overly negative or biased.  I think hes one of the better Habs writers out there and i typically dont like the hockey now sites.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, parksville habsfan said:

Boston University @ Boston College Friday @ 7pm on tsn.

Should be a good game, some skilled players matched up.

image.png

He will be playing in Memorial cup, should be fun for him.

"Big games, big pressure, big competition, lots of fans, lots of media attention," Canadiens director of player development Rob Ramage said. "Which is what he's going to get as he moves on to the next level. So this is just irreplaceable experience for him."

"Beck has a better understanding of what it will take to turn that preview into a full-time NHL role. Former Canadiens forward Paul Byron, who joined the Montreal development staff this season, has been working on and off the ice with Beck with the goal of making him more NHL-ready."

CHL notebook: Canadiens prospect Beck on road to becoming NHL-ready | NHL.com

Owen_Beck_2

24 minutes ago, DON said:

He will be playing in Memorial cup, should be fun for him.

"Big games, big pressure, big competition, lots of fans, lots of media attention," Canadiens director of player development Rob Ramage said. "Which is what he's going to get as he moves on to the next level. So this is just irreplaceable experience for him."

"Beck has a better understanding of what it will take to turn that preview into a full-time NHL role. Former Canadiens forward Paul Byron, who joined the Montreal development staff this season, has been working on and off the ice with Beck with the goal of making him more NHL-ready."

CHL notebook: Canadiens prospect Beck on road to becoming NHL-ready | NHL.com

Owen_Beck_2

Sounds like Beck is getting a lot of attention from Montreal. I wonder if they expect him to play in the NHL next season? 

7 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Sounds like Beck is getting a lot of attention from Montreal. I wonder if they expect him to play in the NHL next season? 

My guess, same treatment as Roy; he start in Laval, if he shines and are injuries then called up.:spamafote:

• Like 1

Rohrer 1g1a 11:34

Reinbacher 1a 17:37

Beck/Guindon/Xhekaj 0pts

Fowler 3g 35shots in 4-3 Win vs Hutson/Tuch 1a each.