Injury news

Commandant

He won't start tomorrow but it seems like he's close.

Emelin's out for the next three games as well. I wonder if he'll be put on IR in the not-too-distant future to open up a roster spot.

Going to the game on Sunday. I have hopes that he'll be between the pipes.

Mitchell will be undergoing 'more thorough' testing this weekend before any update is provided on his injury. That would seem to take him out of consideration for Sunday at the very least.

Well then... who is going to be our new savior at the RW position on Galchenyuk's line now?

Well then... who is going to be our new savior at the RW position on Galchenyuk's line now?

In the short-term, I would think Semin gets a look. If Mitchell is to miss some time, then I suspect they'll look to pull someone up from the minors.

Emelin skated today for the first time since suffering his lower body injury against Pittsburgh. He won't play tomorrow but considering that the team opted to put Mitchell on IR and not Emelin (who could have easily been backdated to come off whenever he's ready), I suspect Emelin's pretty close to returning to the lineup.

Guest Stogey24

Emelin skated today for the first time since suffering his lower body injury against Pittsburgh. He won't play tomorrow but considering that the team opted to put Mitchell on IR and not Emelin (who could have easily been backdated to come off whenever he's ready), I suspect Emelin's pretty close to returning to the lineup.

Yay

If you take politics out of the decision then yes, it would be moronic to take him out of the line up.

We will see management is prepared to walk to walk about a guy coming up and earning a spot...getting the spot?

With Tinordi it was his inconsistent and generally weak play. He has been given the opportunity and management feels he has not played well.

So Pateryn has. So one would expect him to stay.

But Emelin was given big bucks and not playing him looks bad.

Coach likes Gilbert. Nate is better (in his sleep) with Petry than Emelin is.

Interesting to see how this plays out.

Guest Stogey24

Therrien said he's a top six defenceman on any team in the league and that he shows decisiveness with the puck.

As Habs30 said, it will be interesting to see what happens when Emelin returns

How is Kassian's injury coming along? It's too bad it wasn't an upper body injury so he could resume skating much sooner. Trouble is, the real damage is in between his ears

He's still in the rehab program as of last week. I think by now the physical injuries have healed or are very close to healing. I don't know if the rehab facility would let him go skate or whether the terms of the SABH program would allow him to do so.