Injury news

Commandant

6 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Edmundson has been activated but Kale Clague is now on IR.

Just for everyone's information - TVA just showed that Clague took a puck to the face in practice.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Just for everyone's information - TVA just showed that Clague took a puck to the face in practice.

It's a never-ending parade of injuries this year. But, I suppose, better this year than in a year where we might actually be in with a chance.

• Upvote 1

• Upvote 1

🤞

From la presse:

Absent since March 6 due to a shoulder injury, Mailloux is awaiting test results to find out if an operation is necessary, the defender's agent, Dylan Liptrap , confirmed to La Presse .

According to Liptrap, there is a good chance that Mailloux will need surgery. If necessary, depending on the type of operation required, it would take four to six months of rehabilitation.

If he is not operated, he will continue his rehabilitation, the path favored by the London Knights, his junior club. But Liptrap seemed resigned to his client going under the knife. We also guess that in the long term, it is in the interest of the CH that Mailloux be operated on quickly, because he could thus be restored in time for training camp next fall. If of course he is invited this time. However, the Habs are following the case closely.

Mailloux was injured on March 6 in a fight with Pasquale Zito of the Windsor Spitfires. He dislocated his shoulder during the fight, and made the situation worse by falling heavily on that same shoulder.

:wavetowel::wavetowel::wavetowel:

Let's hope he is kept out of the line-up for precautionary reasons, or until his heart grows back from "grinch-size"

Grinch heart grew three sizes gif 7 » GIF Images Download

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, DON said:

shitty, was hoping he would get hot and finish strong.

On top of the COVID thing, Drouin's back on IR with another upper-body injury (or a recurrence of the last one, they didn't specify).  Gallagher is out for at least a week as well with a lower-body issue.

I don't really mind playing AHL players -- and losing more games.

But I really would like Drouin to get more time with the St Louis concept to see whether it energizes him. Only about 25 games left now.

Its a little distasteful to cheer for any player (Hab or anywhere in the league) to be injured IMO.

That said, even from a hockey perspective Petry being hurt does not help the Habs.  The best thing for the Habs would be for him to play and play well (as he's done under St. Louis for the most part) as this would help his off-season trade value.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Its a little distasteful to cheer for any player (Hab or anywhere in the league) to be injured IMO.

That said, even from a hockey perspective Petry being hurt does not help the Habs.  The best thing for the Habs would be for him to play and play well (as he's done under St. Louis for the most part) as this would help his off-season trade value.

EMOJI 101:

I am not cheering (:clap:, :1banana:) or celebrating (:hyper:) the injury. Just waving the towel to encourage the team to keep Petry out of the line up for precautionary reasons (I actually used that word, meaning: to prevent him from getting injured).

The swing (:ph34r:) I took was at his heart... making allusion to the Grinch.

:spamafote: sorry if I offended you @Commandant :spamafote:

Well, that'll create the room they need to activate Price when he's ready to come back.  Otherwise, without someone else going on LTIR, they would have had a really hard time freeing up the cap space to bring Price back.