Injury news

Commandant

It will certainly be interesting ... frankly, I don't care if it is important to any player to get back on the ice, the team has to do what is best for the team ... it may or may not be for him to play again this season.

THAT said, since he has not even returned to skating in full equipment (unless he managed to somehow do in it in secret) an update to say that "I want to play before the end of the season but don't have a timeline" seems somewhat strange. 

Right now, the best thing for the team is to get clarity on whether or not he's coming back this year.  What happens with Price could very well go a long way towards shaping how they approach the trade deadline; this continued maybe/maybe not isn't ideal.  (And if I have some time over the next little bit, I might turn that into an article on the main site explaining it from both scenarios.)

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Right now, the best thing for the team is to get clarity on whether or not he's coming back this year.  What happens with Price could very well go a long way towards shaping how they approach the trade deadline; this continued maybe/maybe not isn't ideal.  (And if I have some time over the next little bit, I might turn that into an article on the main site explaining it from both scenarios.)

I am sure Hugh-Gort have detailed information on Price’s progress and a plan for the trade baseline 

I do not think they will show their cards on Friday

19 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am sure Hugh-Gort have detailed information on Price’s progress and a plan for the trade baseline 

I do not think they will show their cards on Friday

Even if Price is not coming back (which I don't think is going to be the case), but even if its true... there is no need to solve goaltending for the longterm at the trade deadline.

Just now, Commandant said:

Even if Price is not coming back (which I don't think is going to be the case), but even if its true... there is no need to solve goaltending for the longterm at the trade deadline.

I was answering Brian’s post about Price’s situation affection the strategy at the trade deadline. I do not think goaltending is a pressing need at the deadline Price or no Price

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I was answering Brian’s post about Price’s situation affection the strategy at the trade deadline. I do not think goaltending is a pressing need at the deadline Price or no Price

My comment had nothing to do with the possibility of adding a replacement goalie, actually.  Allen will eventually be back and Montembeault/Hammond are around in the short-term.  Nothing else needs to be done there.

8 hours ago, dlbalr said:

My comment had nothing to do with the possibility of adding a replacement goalie, actually.  Allen will eventually be back and Montembeault/Hammond are around in the short-term.  Nothing else needs to be done there.

I know, I know

13 hours ago, dlbalr said:

My answer is with regards to clarity:

1) on the first sentence: I believe they have clarity but that they will not share details on Friday's update

2) on the second sentence, I think they already have options on strategies/plans with regards to the trade deadline. Price is such a big piece of the payroll and the role on the team that they have probably addressed that already in their planning

My guess is that they are already executing on their plan, on parts that they can act on now. Price's piece will become visible to us once his situation has to be made official due to NHL/NHLPA rules

Guess THIS is the update ... same old, same old ... 

Including this here because JD is out with an injury ... doesn't fit perfectly anywhere else ... congrats to Jonathan and Marie-Laurence

Love hearing JE back skating again, hope he is back ASAP, be great to see him playing again.

And Schueneman also, hope he can keep building on couple good games.

Spotted at practice:

Joel Armia, Joel Edmundson, J̶o̶e̶l̶ Corey Schueneman#GoHabsGo

51 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

As bad as this is to say, this might actually be in Montreal's best interest.  They clearly don't want to embarrass him by waiving him (he has no trade value) and they'll need roster spots opened up soon as others come off IR.  If he was to miss a bit of time due to this and could go on IR, it could actually help solve the pending roster crunch.

58 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

As bad as this is to say, ...

Was thinking similar...he simply is a body and helps the 'tank' to play him, but he should be in minors or retired next season.