Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I have to admit I am also losing patience with Eller. As far as Eberle is concerned, The only way I'd like to see him in MTL is if DD is sent the other way. I know that it'll take alot more than just DD to get Eberle out of Edmonton, so I would throw in a 1st round pick and possibly somebody like Pateryn. Not sure if that would be enough though!?!?

Never been a big fan of D.D., but if we're gonna bring a smurf to our team, one of our smurfs has to go the other way!

I have to admit I am also losing patience with Eller. As far as Eberle is concerned, The only way I'd like to see him in MTL is if DD is sent the other way. I know that it'll take alot more than just DD to get Eberle out of Edmonton, so I would throw in a 1st round pick and possibly somebody like Pateryn. Not sure if that would be enough though!?!?

Never been a big fan of D.D., but if we're gonna bring a smurf to our team, one of our smurfs has to go the other way!

Agree with that. No additional smurfs required.

Guest Stogey24

Apparently asking price for Kessel is first round pick, top prospect and young roster player. I don't know boys, I think I would at least make an offer for Kessel if I was Bergevin. This guy has been top 10 in scoring for like 5 years straight

Guest Stogey24

hmmmm...the late 1st rd pick, Charles Hudon, and Thomas might do it? heck, I'd throw in Lehkonen too if we can grab Phil the Thrill. but how could we fit that ridiculous contract in?

Yea, I don't know either

hmmmm...the late 1st rd pick, Charles Hudon, and Thomas might do it? heck, I'd throw in Lehkonen too if we can grab Phil the Thrill. but how could we fit that ridiculous contract in?

I guess the young roster player would not be anything under Lars Eller, if not one of the Gallys...

Apparently asking price for Kessel is first round pick, top prospect and young roster player. I don't know boys, I think I would at least make an offer for Kessel if I was Bergevin. This guy has been top 10 in scoring for like 5 years straight

No thanks, some dumb GM will pick up his $8m/yr deal, hope not Bergevin.

As much as I like Kessel, I dunno. A top prospect PLUS the pick PLUS a young roster player...for a 27 year old "problem" player with a bloated contract? I'd be trying to get them to take two of the three, but not all three. And with the cap going down, it is quite possible the Leafs will find that it's a buyer's market.

Dreger said Leafs would probably have to eat some of his salary in a trade, but I hear ya, it's a huge move

Yes...thank God I'm not the one having to make these decisions. It's a move with potentially massive ramifications for the Bergevin era.

Thomas isn't a young roster player, he's a call-up from the minors with one career NHL point in 19 games. His value is a mid round pick, not a piece to acquiring a star forward. As for Hudon, he's not a top prospect. Scherbak is a top prospect, Hudon is a projected 3rd liner down the road. Considering the 1st rounder would be late, it's going to cost a whole lot more than Thomas and Hudon.

Thomas isn't a young roster player, he's a call-up from the minors with one career NHL point in 19 games. His value is a mid round pick, not a piece to acquiring a star forward. As for Hudon, he's not a top prospect. Scherbak is a top prospect, Hudon is a projected 3rd liner down the road. Considering the 1st rounder would be late, it's going to cost a whole lot more than Thomas and Hudon.

Sekac, Eller, and the 1st?

Sekac, Eller, and the 1st?

The top prospect would have to be Scherbak. He's really the only prospect the Habs have that qualifies as a 'top' guy. Even at him, the 1st, and Eller, I don't think the Leafs would be all that interested to be honest. Kessel's an elite scorer in the prime of his career, a couple of late 1st round picks and an underachieving 25 year old with only one 30-point season under his belt in soon-to-be five years isn't that great of a return.

The top prospect would have to be Scherbak. He's really the only prospect the Habs have that qualifies as a 'top' guy. Even at him, the 1st, and Eller, I don't think the Leafs would be all that interested to be honest. Kessel's an elite scorer in the prime of his career, a couple of late 1st round picks and an underachieving 25 year old with only one 30-point season under his belt in soon-to-be five years isn't that great of a return.

You're no doubt right.

The only qualifier would be what I say above about this deadline being more of buyer's market due to a shrinking cap. But I guess if TO is prepared to eat some of Phat Phil's salary, that'd mitigate that issue, and the usual insane general-managerial feeding frenzy would apply.

Sounds like it's better for MB to stay away (?)

Stay away from Kessel...yes for sure! $8m/yr for a sulking chubby sniper is not real appealing.

(Eberle may be worth a big cost, if Oilers are willing to move him)

I'd rather gamble and stick with what scherbak has the potential to brings, over kessels strengths/weaknesses.

I just hope that MB has a good look at Tinordi before he makes a move on the back end cause I think we need scoring much more than another D-man. Especially when we look at who is left available to trade for on D.

IF Tinordi can prove trustworthy I don't see that much of a difference between Tinordi-Emelin and Petry-Emelin. But there is that big IF....

but if Gonchar is out longer than expected then I think Petry-Beaulieu is better than Tinordi-Beaulieu or (shudder) Gilbert-Beaulieu going into the playoffs.

Makes me glad I'm not MB right now. I guess the best scenario would be to swing a forward and a defense from the oilers if thats possible. Yakupov anyone?

With all that Bergevin has said about character, I have a hard time thinking he'd be even remotely interested in giving up two top prospects and our first rounder for Kessel. My guess is that Kessel isn't on MB's radar at all.

Just wondering, does Chris Stewart pique anyone's interest? Seems like we could use a big s.o.b that can bang home some playoff-type goals?

I've been on the Stewart bandwagon for weeks, and I think he is worth a 3rd rd pick, maybe even a 2nd... we need a player or two with his skill set, if he would play hard is the question with most Hab fans on this board tho...

Guest Stogey24

A change of scenery may be all it takes for Stewart. We could use him for sure..I'd trade a 2nd round pick and throw in Lehkonen(I just hate the kids game haha)

He was a dogger for the blues too as many on here have said

He was a dogger for the blues too as many on here have said

Colorado...St. Louis...Buffalo, the same effort/intensity issues have existed with each team to some degree (not so much Colorado but there were questions about his game-to-game intensity even then). He has gone through two changes of scenery with nothing changing, why would we expect it to be different here? Stewart's not worth a 2nd round pick (though he'll probably fetch one at the deadline) and certainly not worth throwing Lehkonen who is a quality prospect in there as well.