Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Would anyone accept a Subban for Couturier (Philadelpia center) trade? If Montreal did decide to trade Subban would this be a one for one or should either team be looking for more? I do not necessarily want to have Montreal trade Subban so just asking. Would Sam Pollock of old trade Subban?

We have too many forwards right now. Couter has an extremely high ceiling and I think he's on his way to becoming a great player. In the summer, when Holmgren asked about Subban, Bergevin asked if Couturier was on the table and Holmgren stopped asking about Subban. Philly and Nashville trading talks also fell apart because Philly wanted Weber but were not willing to make Couturier available in return.

I wouldn't make the trade and I don't believe the rumours. Holmgren will want more than just Subban, even when he's desperate for a blueliner, because he values Couter like he values Claude Giroux.

We have too many forwards right now. Couter has an extremely high ceiling and I think he's on his way to becoming a great player. In the summer, when Holmgren asked about Subban, Bergevin asked if Couturier was on the table and Holmgren stopped asking about Subban. Philly and Nashville trading talks also fell apart because Philly wanted Weber but were not willing to make Couturier available in return.

I wouldn't make the trade and I don't believe the rumours. Holmgren will want more than just Subban, even when he's desperate for a blueliner, because he values Couter like he values Claude Giroux.

Well, those rumours made the Vancouver sports radio news...for whatever that's worth.

Maybe I'm underestimating Couturier, but I really think that if we move Subban we will regret it, because dynamic minutes-eating defencemen are so hard to find and we have no one else like him in the system who isn't a longer-range prospect. I'm a huge believer in building from the goal on out to boot, and always believe that a stud D-man is worth more than a stud forward. (For proof, look at how Markov's return has transformed the team over the past two games). What I really want to see is PK and The General both patrolling our blueline - a blueline that would suddenly be downright impressive.

Maybe I'm underestimating Couturier, but I really think that if we move Subban we will regret it, because dynamic minutes-eating defencemen are so hard to find and we have no one else like him in the system who isn't a longer-range prospect.

I said it elsewhere but it fits here (when a Flyer fan said he didn't want to see Couter get traded, even if they could really use Subban):

I feel the same about Subban. Even if we technically got a better player back, we probably wouldn't get a better personality or, and for some reason this matters to me, a better player to defend against stupid people. Subban is a highly energetic, very confident black man playing in the whitest game in the world. More importantly, a game that shuns players who try to have a personality. Why would I ever want to lose that? I want to see that hold up the Stanley Cup.

Basically, you could say to me, "Okay, PK Subban and Tomas Kaberle to the Predators for Shea Weber" and even though I know that no Kaberle is huge for our cap and Weber is a better player than Subban? My gut wouldn't like it. Weber is so dry like most hockey players. Subban is electrifying. That means something to me.

I said it elsewhere but it fits here (when a Flyer fan said he didn't want to see Couter get traded, even if they could really use Subban):

I feel the same about Subban. Even if we technically got a better player back, we probably wouldn't get a better personality or, and for some reason this matters to me, a better player to defend against stupid people. Subban is a highly energetic, very confident black man playing in the whitest game in the world. More importantly, a game that shuns players who try to have a personality. Why would I ever want to lose that? I want to see that hold up the Stanley Cup.

Basically, you could say to me, "Okay, PK Subban and Tomas Kaberle to the Predators for Shea Weber" and even though I know that no Kaberle is huge for our cap and Weber is a better player than Subban? My gut wouldn't like it. Weber is so dry like most hockey players. Subban is electrifying. That means something to me.

I completely agree. Now, if I were a GM, I might think differently, but your point is totally valid. PK is - frankly - the coolest player in the entire National Hockey League.

And he is that rare player that everybody in every other city absolutely hates, and everybody in every other city would just give their eyeteeth to have. When was the last time we had a player that routinely gets booed in other buildings just for being him? :lol:

And people -like that idiot Ronald Corey - forget that you don't win Cups with a bunch of wholesome family men. You win it with swagger, with that supreme combo of confidence and the talent to back it up. There is indeed a risk that PK will lose the plot and let his ego outstrip the team, degenerating into what Phaneuf became in Calgary; there is an even better chance that as he matures he will become that Chelios, that Roy, that Carbo, the hated guy with attitude whose confidence radiates outward to the rest of the team. He is a winner in the making, a diamond in the rough.

I for one think we should keep P.K but if a deal can't be reached I would be talking to the ducks about Perry,ryan or Getzlaf. You have to give to get so do a sign and trade. We would need a player back that is signed for more then one year as well.

I for one think we should keep P.K but if a deal can't be reached I would be talking to the ducks about Perry,ryan or Getzlaf. You have to give to get so do a sign and trade. We would need a player back that is signed for more then one year as well.

I believe the "sign and trade" is now illegal if the player requests a NTC.

So with Subban signed and 8 defensemen on the roster could MB make a trade? Habs have Commodore in Hamilton so perhaps a smaller, offensive d-man like Kaberle or Weber could be expendable? What do Habs need if you're MB?

Package Weber with say Bourque for an upgrade at forward?

Or, hang on to all the chips since injuries will no doubt happen?

So with Subban signed and 8 defensemen on the roster could MB make a trade? Habs have Commodore in Hamilton so perhaps a smaller, offensive d-man like Kaberle or Weber could be expendable? What do Habs need if you're MB?

Package Weber with say Bourque for an upgrade at forward?

Or, hang on to all the chips since injuries will no doubt happen?

99% sure he is gone.

Bourque has been playing well lately so I'm not sure we would want to ditch him, but Weber will probably be the one traded... though not for much.

Unless my math is wrong on the roster, I could see Nokelainen being sent down when he's healthy in order to give Bergevin more time to get the deal he wants with Weber or Kaberle.

Plus, 8 defensemen doesn't seem that bad with a 37 year old Bouillon and a 34 year old Markov on the team.

Unless my math is wrong on the roster, I could see Nokelainen being sent down when he's healthy in order to give Bergevin more time to get the deal he wants with Weber or Kaberle.

Plus, 8 defensemen doesn't seem that bad with a 37 year old Bouillon and a 34 year old Markov on the team.

Indeed, 8 dmen of that caliber are extremely valuable commodities to have.

But if there's a trade, would be great if Bergevin can trade up (package for a better player). This is one thing Pierre Gauthier and Bob Gainey weren't able to do. (unless maybe the Tanguay acquisition when they packaged picks, but no players were involved still). There's not many roster spots, we can't always trade one guy for 2 lesser guys and draft picks. cf cammalleri, halak, grabovski

Indeed, 8 dmen of that caliber are extremely valuable commodities to have.

But if there's a trade, would be great if Bergevin can trade up (package for a better player). This is one thing Pierre Gauthier and Bob Gainey weren't able to do. (unless maybe the Tanguay acquisition when they packaged picks, but no players were involved still). There's not many roster spots, we can't always trade one guy for 2 lesser guys and draft picks. cf cammalleri, halak, grabovski

I think a lateral move is more the expectation. Weber hasn't proven anything in this league and Kaberle is a lot of salary to take back. Detroit needs a blueliner but they have a pretty mediocre prospect pool and not much to exchange at similar value. Probably get a draft pick from them more than anything.

Anyone desperate to pick up salary to fill next season's cap? We have one (1) Kaberle, AS IS, for sale. We will throw in a bag of pucks stamped with the insignia of the 24 time Stanley Cup champion Montreal Canadiens for your souvenir shoppe where you may display them for your fans viewing pleasure or sell them for your bank account's growth. We can have Chris Nilan sign them all, unless you are the New York Rangers, and then we'll contact Scott Gomez.

Teams to look at who need a defenceman.

Islanders - wanted Visnovsky, but that fell through due to him deciding he'd rather play anywhere but for the Islanders.

Detroit - injuries and free agent defections have taken their toll.

Philly - same

Teams to look at who need a defenceman.

Islanders - wanted Visnovsky, but that fell through due to him deciding he'd rather play anywhere but for the Islanders.

Detroit - injuries and free agent defections have taken their toll.

Philly - same

Visnovsky told the team he will report to Long Island no later than February 11th. So I'd probably scratch them off the list.

• Upvote 1

Visnovsky told the team he will report to Long Island no later than February 11th. So I'd probably scratch them off the list.

He said the same thing at the beginning of training camp and was suspended for not reporting. I wouldn't scratch him off the list just yet.

I think Eller and Weber should be on the block, and would probably fetch something decent in return.

Eller + Weber to Edmonton

for

Paaravi + 2nd

We're trading an NHL ready center for a cusp winger that adds size to our lineup.

Eller has shown little improvement over the last 2 years. Why not get a young, physical LW to add to Galy - Gally next year?

Did you forget he improved his goal scoring and assists from the season previous? Heck over double the amount of goals from his ROOKIE season. He's in his third year as an NHL player. If he hits 25 without improving then I agree, you have a great argument.

I also don't think we should be adding anyone at forward. Kristo is coming next year and when Leblanc's ankle heals he'll be great for the bottom six. The team should be on the hunt for a young goaltending prospect to replace Budaj next season.

Did you forget he improved his goal scoring and assists from the season previous? Heck over double the amount of goals from his ROOKIE season.

To be fair 25% of his goals last season came from 1 game. He's not going to have 1 game every season where he does amazing. Without that game he wasn't going to be a 15 goal scorer and not a 25 pt player. I do believe if he gave it his all every shift he would improve, but in his sophomore year he was scratched because of lack of effort. In his 3rd year he was scratched after the first game due to lack of effort. Sitting out for lack of effort is becoming a nasty trend for Eller. I don't know if skill wise Eller believes he has plateaued or not, but he is certainly isn't pushing himself to new heights.

• Upvote 1