Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Yes, but the Oil wouldn't touch it.

Also the Oil are not as in need of defencemen as many believe.

The Oilers are in need of a defenceman. That being said, Markov is not what they are looking for. I get to talk hockey with a lot of Oiler fans as I'm living in Edmonton right now. The general consensus is either a top pair shut down defenceman or a star goalie. Alot of people here were optimistic about the possibility of Bernier, Luongo(not so much), Yandle, Suter, and Weber being on the move. On the back end Petry is supposed to be able to round out the only other offensive defenceman they need. They have too many talented forwards to not have on the PP.

Their defence last year was running with 4 NHL caliber defencemen, much like ours was. The difference was our NHL caliber defensemen sucked in our own end, barring Subban, Gorges, and Gill when he was with us. They really need a big minute eating, solid, top pair, shutdown guy. Lets be honest here, you don't trade off Yakupov at this stage for anything less than star player. Some have even agreed with me that they should of traded the pick or Yakupov and a bit more conditionally to get Weber's rights. would be a hard trade to sell, but if done early enough Nashville might have kept Suter.

The Oilers are in need of a defenceman. That being said, Markov is not what they are looking for. I get to talk hockey with a lot of Oiler fans as I'm living in Edmonton right now. The general consensus is either a top pair shut down defenceman or a star goalie. Alot of people here were optimistic about the possibility of Bernier, Luongo(not so much), Yandle, Suter, and Weber being on the move. On the back end Petry is supposed to be able to round out the only other offensive defenceman they need. They have too many talented forwards to not have on the PP.

Their defence last year was running with 4 NHL caliber defencemen, much like ours was. The difference was our NHL caliber defensemen sucked in our own end, barring Subban, Gorges, and Gill when he was with us. They really need a big minute eating, solid, top pair, shutdown guy. Lets be honest here, you don't trade off Yakupov at this stage for anything less than star player. Some have even agreed with me that they should of traded the pick or Yakupov and a bit more conditionally to get Weber's rights. would be a hard trade to sell, but if done early enough Nashville might have kept Suter.

Not sure why Habs d-core was considered bad? Simply put, 11th in goals against on a 28th place team is damn fine and hard to do, but Price did bail the whole team out consistantly.

You got the ends of rink mixed up that needed addressing for the Habs, 19th in offense just aint that good.

But the oilers, like the Habs are not in need of any d-men that badly.

Sure, as with any team, adding a nice top 4 was be a costly boost, but both GMs know they dont have a contender this year, so are in no rush to trade future to land a top d-man for a season that might not even happen, seems smart to me.

Last year, baring injuries, both teams d-core would of been much better, but key injuries happen and a good looking signing like Cam Barker flops, what can you do.

Not sure why Habs d-core was considered bad? Simply put, 11th in goals against on a 28th place team is damn fine and hard to do, but Price did bail the whole team out consistantly.

You got the ends of rink mixed up that needed addressing for the Habs, 19th in offense just aint that good.

But the oilers, like the Habs are not in need of any d-men that badly.

Sure, as with any team, adding a nice top 4 was be a costly boost, but both GMs know they dont have a contender this year, so are in no rush to trade future to land a top d-man for a season that might not even happen, seems smart to me.

Last year, baring injuries, both teams d-core would of been much better, but key injuries happen and a good looking signing like Cam Barker flops, what can you do.

No doubt our offense wasn't up to par, but we had problems both ends of the ice. Don't kid yourself by thinking we had a great defensive core. We were notorious for not being able to get the puck out of our zone and when we did it was either an icing or turnover the majority of the time. Both ends of the ice are complimented by each other. We couldn't turn the puck over in our zone often and had a lousy transition game. This diminished our offense severely. Kaberle was useless in his own zone and we had 2-3 defencemen on ice that weren't quite ready defensively for the NHL step. I loved Emelin and Diaz play, but let's face it, they just weren't 100% NHL ready. Emelin made huge strides and looked decent at the end of the year, Diaz didn't look quite there. Mid season we had Subban, Gorges and Gill that were trustworthy defensively, thats just not enough.

• 4 months later...

He has cleared waivers a lot lately, I think he will this go-around as well. Lack of effort has always been a problem for him, that won't go well with a tough coach like Therrien. I'm not really sure there's a spot for him even.

Wow! Good question, Getzlaf or Perry for Subban and a Pick? Glad I am not making that decision other then saying maybe. If you think your best prospects are Tinordi and Beaulieu and they are close to making the NHL and you think eithr Getzlaf or Perry gives you the scoring help for years to come, it at least makes a GM think.

If you were MB and were offered this trade today, would you take it?

Getzlaf or Perry

for

Subban + pick.

Both Getzlaf and Perry are pending UFA's, there would have to be a pre-arranged extension for that to even be pondered for a moment.

Thank you for information on both players being UFA, agree no trade for those players unless extension is done prior to trade. Does NHL allow contract and trade like NBA?

I don't ever recall a sign and trade in hockey. I think it is more like a baseball scenerio, where one would have to get permission to talk to a player and/or agent to see if he would agree to extension if you wanted to trade for him. I have a feeling that Perry would fetch more than Subban and a pick in a trade.

I don't ever recall a sign and trade in hockey. I think it is more like a baseball scenerio, where one would have to get permission to talk to a player and/or agent to see if he would agree to extension if you wanted to trade for him. I have a feeling that Perry would fetch more than Subban and a pick in a trade.

Didn't it happen to Hossa from Ottawa to Atlanta.

That's the move that made Zdeno Chara decide he didn't want to stay in Ottawa.

Nah... Chara wanted to stay. The Senators had both Redden and Chara as UFA at the same time.... and only enough cash/cap space for one of them. Muckler chose Redden and signed him for 2 years.

Chara didn't even get an offer from the Sens, and he wanted to stay.

He then followed Chiarelli to Boston.

Nah... Chara wanted to stay. The Senators had both Redden and Chara as UFA at the same time.... and only enough cash/cap space for one of them. Muckler chose Redden and signed him for 2 years.

Chara didn't even get an offer from the Sens, and he wanted to stay.

He then followed Chiarelli to Boston.

That was the narrative back then.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/01/17/murrays-reign-as-gm-a-dark-time-for-senators/

"Remember the day Muckler signed Hossa to a three-year, US$18-million contract, then blindsided him by trading him to Atlanta the next day? A hockey insider said this week that the mistreatment of Hossa so infuriated Chara, his friend and Slovak countryman, there was no way he was going to re-sign with Ottawa, no matter the offer. The Senators got nothing for Chara, and all that remains of the Heatley trade is Michalek."

I stand corrected, but you can see why it is frowned upon in the NHL.This gets me to wondering if the No Trade Clause is part of the sticky in the Subban case. I wouldn't be surprised.

Interesting speculation. If that's the issue, then I think that might tip many into Bergevin's camp.

From what I understand the NTA clause can't go in affect until after Subban is 27 (i.e, reaches his UFA eligibility). I think that was how Philly was able to trade carter and Richards. If that is the case, who cares if has a NTC. You have 4 years to decide if he is a keeper.

Bigger issue with NTC/NMC is when you give to UFA slugs like Laracque like Gainey did.

I stand corrected, but you can see why it is frowned upon in the NHL.This gets me to wondering if the No Trade Clause is part of the sticky in the Subban case. I wouldn't be surprised.

From what I understand the NTA clause can't go in affect until after Subban is 27 (i.e, reaches his UFA eligibility). I think that was how Philly was able to trade carter and Richards. If that is the case, who cares if has a NTC. You have 4 years to decide if he is a keeper.

Bigger issue with NTC/NMC is when you give to UFA slugs like Laracque like Gainey did.

I was just speculating on what might be holding his contract. If you are correct that would eliminate that possibility. Thanx. The notion of NTC/NMC is generally is a can of worms which can be debated ad nauseum.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think there's something in the new CBA that says if a player who isn't yet UFA age signs an extension with a NTC/NMC, it kicks in right away, regardless of the players' age. Call this the Jeff Carter rule (sign a long-term extension with an NTC at age 27, get traded before that time and lose the NTC permanently). If that also applies to players who sign long-term extensions from their early RFA years (say, a 6 year deal where he turns 27 in year 5), it could be an issue with Subban potentially.

I fully expect some interesting responses for this trade proposal: Would anyone here be happy with trading Kaberle for Komisarek?

Try to keep it civil :P

No

Komisarek is awful defensively and a black hole offensively and is paid 250 K more than Kaberle.

Kaberle is at least good at one thing, (offense).

Would anyone accept a Subban for Couturier (Philadelpia center) trade? If Montreal did decide to trade Subban would this be a one for one or should either team be looking for more? I do not necessarily want to have Montreal trade Subban so just asking. Would Sam Pollock of old trade Subban?