Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Basically, I'm moving one of Kaberle/Weber and thats about it.

I'm not big on moving much else off the current roster unless someone knocks my socks off with an offer.

Exactment. I believe a substantial contract will have to be moved or bought out for next season to get wriggle room. Of course, that could change by the end of year. My question would be what are you looking for in return?

Basically, I'm moving one of Kaberle/Weber and thats about it.

I'm not big on moving much else off the current roster unless someone knocks my socks off with an offer.

they are playing great and very fun to watch tonight is a big test for us. Would be nice tho to be bigger as they are still a small team and i am not sure we are built for the playoffs yet. I wasn't saying diaz sucks or anything, he has played great just saying i think it is time to move him well his stock is high. I love the what we have in prospects coming in a yr or two.

Edited by Bostonhabs

Exactment. I believe a substantial contract will have to be moved or bought out for next season to get wriggle room. Of course, that could change by the end of year. My question would be what are you looking for in return?

For Kaberle... I'd take a pick (later rounds) or a project prospect just to get him off the books.

Weber I'd ask for slightly more, but not much (maybe one round better or something).

I don't think we are getting much for either guy.

they are playing great and very fun to watch tonight is a big test for us. Would be nice tho to be bigger as they are still a small team and i am not sure we are built for the playoffs yet. I wasn't saying diaz sucks or anything, he has played great just saying i think it is time to move him well his stock is high. I love the what we have in prospects coming in a yr or two.

We're not winning the cup this year. Patience and continue to let the team grow with young players... of which Diaz (just 26, 2nd year in the league, getting better) is one.

I forgot Weber. That's how non entity he is at this point.

Yah he is gone in my mind already as well. I wouldn't even care if he made himself into a quality player and we gave him up for little simply because I don't see anything in him now and we don't have the space.

• 2 weeks later...

7th rounder to Calgary for Steve Begin.

Because I live in the past and would love him as a 13th/14th forward.

Begin's best before date has passed. I think we have enough muckers.

Begin's best before date has passed. I think we have enough muckers.

Agreed, but if I were hoping MB would pick up another 4th liner I would go with Cody McCormick. He has size that we need and Begin has a history of being broken in Habs uniform.

Agreed, but if I were hoping MB would pick up another 4th liner I would go with Cody McCormick. He has size that we need and Begin has a history of being broken in Habs uniform.

I'm not sure, but if we did claim McCormick, would we have to waive him again or not to send him to Hamilton? I was looking at the announcement via twitter yesterday and was thinking he would be good for depth. Only real problem I see is as we sit now we have 13 roster forwards and only 12 spots when we're healthy. Not really a bad problem but no need throwing more roster players in the mix and having them count against the salary cap.

I'm not sure, but if we did claim McCormick, would we have to waive him again or not to send him to Hamilton? I was looking at the announcement via twitter yesterday and was thinking he would be good for depth. Only real problem I see is as we sit now we have 13 roster forwards and only 12 spots when we're healthy. Not really a bad problem but no need throwing more roster players in the mix and having them count against the salary cap.

He cleared waivers. The Habs would have had to make a corresponding roster move to put McCormick (or any other potential claimee) on the team as the team presently is carrying the max 23 on the roster (Gallagher isn't on IR).

He cleared waivers. The Habs would have had to make a corresponding roster move to put McCormick (or any other potential claimee) on the team as the team presently is carrying the max 23 on the roster (Gallagher isn't on IR)

I was not actually advocating picking up McCormick. I merely said that he would be a much better option than Begin if we needed another 4th line player.

I am slightly surpised no one claimed him. He sounded ok in this review. http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/02/20/buffalo-sabres-waive-cody-mccormick-should-the-edmonton-oilers-be-interested/

The prototypical 4th line guys seem to be making it through without any difficulty, I suppose teams feel there's little difference between the waived guys and those types of players in the system.

The prototypical 4th line guys seem to be making it through without any difficulty, I suppose teams feel there's little difference between the waived guys and those types of players in the system.

As you said, Habs--and presumably others--would have to make a roster move to get him. Obviously, the risk vs reward potential was not high enough

I know, right? His avatar is 10 times worse than mine, right? Right?!?

:(

Uh, No. While his is terrible...I was kind of hoping never to see Gomez's face again.. it doesn't hold a candle to the sheer awfulness of your punishment. Hope your term of bondage to the leafs ends soon and you are able to repress the memories.

Uh, No. While his is terrible...I was kind of hoping never to see Gomez's face again.. it doesn't hold a candle to the sheer awfulness of your punishment. Hope your term of bondage to the leafs ends soon and you are able to repress the memories.

It's not terrible... I mean the Leafs are playing a really rough and tumble style of hockey that's proving to be very successful, Kadri is finally showing he's the real deal and Kostka is THE feel good story of the yea-oh my god WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?!?!?!?