Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

The Big Bird's disco hair was a bit much and getting old.

You could always have gone with the late 80's or 90's look

You could always have gone with the late 80's or 90's look

#19 is hands down all time fav NHL player.

But Odelein is one of my fav Habs and 'honest' player.

How desperate will Gillis be if Canucks come off Olympics with another loss or two? Even their farm system is thin on talent, due to trading away picks to make playoff runs lately.

The Canucks will certainly be in "selling" mode if they lose another couple. To save his job, assuming he wants to, Gillis will no longer be able to default to his usual excuse-making and will have to spin a narrative about retooling for the future. This means that almost any veteran on their roster could be had in return for NHL-ready youth, like Eller - assuming Gillis can get his guys to waive their NTCs.

I'm still not sure there are any no-brainers here, though; Kelser is only OK, Burrows may well be washed up, and Edler has always been inconsistent. Of the three, Edler is the one I'd most like to see the Habs acquire, notwithstanding his debatable salary.

The Canucks will certainly be in "selling" mode if they lose another couple. To save his job, assuming he wants to, Gillis will no longer be able to default to his usual excuse-making and will have to spin a narrative about retooling for the future. This means that almost any veteran on their roster could be had in return for NHL-ready youth, like Eller - assuming Gillis can get his guys to waive their NTCs.

I'm still not sure there are any no-brainers here, though; Kelser is only OK, Burrows may well be washed up, and Edler has always been inconsistent. Of the three, Edler is the one I'd most like to see the Habs acquire, notwithstanding his debatable salary.

Bourque for Booth? Booth only got 1 year left at slightly higher price and Canucks get cap room and someone not disliked as much as Booth is?

#19 is hands down all time fav NHL player.

But Odelein is one of my fav Habs and 'honest' player.

How desperate will Gillis be if Canucks come off Olympics with another loss or two? Even their farm system is thin on talent, due to trading away picks to make playoff runs lately.

God, i actually thought it was Emelin LOL :nuts:

The only guy I'd want from the canucks is Higgins. Loved him as a hab and would take him back in a heartbeat.

God, i actually thought it was Emelin LOL :nuts:

The only guy I'd want from the canucks is Higgins. Loved him as a hab and would take him back in a heartbeat.

Higgins was and is a good honest player. We and I think he had too high hopes for him. He thought (and some habs fans bought into ) he would be a 40/40 guy. Not so much but a good player none the less and yeah I would welcome him back.

Higgins was and is a good honest player. We and I think he had too high hopes for him. He thought (and some habs fans bought into ) he would be a 40/40 guy. Not so much but a good player none the less and yeah I would welcome him back.

No thanks.

Kesler is about the significant player worth trading for from that team, for Habs anyways. Thought Bieksa would be also, but bit old for a retooling team like Habs.

What about Jason Garrison? He's struggled this season, leading to the view that he is overpaid (which he probably is, but 4.6 mil isn't crippling by any means), and therefore might be available without a crippling return. Might be an interesting possibility for a top-4 role.

What about Jason Garrison? He's struggled this season, leading to the view that he is overpaid (which he probably is, but 4.6 mil isn't crippling by any means), and therefore might be available without a crippling return. Might be an interesting possibility for a top-4 role.

no thanks.

if were bringing a defender back from vancouver id prefer the grit/toughness bieksa brings regardless of his current injury woes or 32 yrs of age. not to mention he's a righty. we currently have 1 on the roster

no thanks.

if were bringing a defender back from vancouver id prefer the grit/toughness bieksa brings regardless of his current injury woes or 32 yrs of age. not to mention he's a righty. we currently have 1 on the roster

How about we move some of our depth at forward for a right handed puck moving defense man? How about Weise for Diaz? I kid, I hate Diaz.

How about we move some of our depth at forward for a right handed puck moving defense man? How about Weise for Diaz? I kid, I hate Diaz.

Bourque, Fucale & Holland for Cammalleri, Ramo & Culkin?

Bourque, Fucale & Holland for Cammalleri, Ramo & Culkin?

you still trying to get a do over on the cammy trade? I don't think we will see Cammy in a Habs sweater again, at least not at 1200.00 a pop. :)

Guest Stogey24

I heard Diaz is a nice guy, but I just want to punch his face when ever I see him.

you still trying to get a do over on the cammy trade? I don't think we will see Cammy in a Habs sweater again, at least not at 1200.00 a pop. :)

Cammalleri or Heatly not sure which I have lower opinion of? Let him buy his own Flame sweater when they boot him off that team also. :)

It's because Vancouver is a team likely to be in "desperation" mode looking to make big moves. In fact, reports that Gillis is considering big moves are flying around V-town here. So that's a fruitful line of speculation. Vancouver could do itself a world of good by being a deadline seller and bringing in a whack of young talent - they've got an aging core (over 30+) and have a severe need to retool if they want to avoid becoming Calgary.

It's because Vancouver is a team likely to be in "desperation" mode looking to make big moves. In fact, reports that Gillis is considering big moves are flying around V-town here. So that's a fruitful line of speculation. Vancouver could do itself a world of good by being a deadline seller and bringing in a whack of young talent - they've got an aging core (over 30+) and have a severe need to retool if they want to avoid becoming Calgary.

GREAT. Lets give him Bourque Briere DD and some defenceman and take the Sedins. No? I guess he is not that desperate. :)