When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

I'd be okay with him getting fired after Groulx gets hired somewhere else. Groulx is Therrien version 2.0. He's a 'my way or the highway' coach, drove the only pro team he coached to the point of near mutiny late in one season, and is particularly hard on star players. He also is known as a lousy communicator.

If you want something different than Therrien, Groulx is about the last coach you want to bring in.

I am adamant that I don't want a rookie NHL coach. I don't care what his pedigree is. The goal is to have this team back in contention next season, not to have guys being hamstrung as a rookie tries to learn his trade at the NHL level. FORGET IT.

I am adamant that I don't want a rookie NHL coach. I don't care what his pedigree is. The goal is to have this team back in contention next season, not to have guys being hamstrung as a rookie tries to learn his trade at the NHL level. FORGET IT.

How about Willie Desjardins?

(I wish the mobile version had emoticons, I would put Habs 30/31s favorite, the chimp).

who cares if the new coach speaks French and if you do go learn English we need the cup not another Frenchman. We need a new coach the best one out there and not the best French coach. To the dude that said we need more French players because they are from here and will play with more heart GO f@#K YOUR SELF you should watch more than one game

Impressive... you made my ignore list in under 10 posts...

considering that I rarely use the thing (you are only the 5th person ever I have added)... the fact that you made it so quickly is really impressive.

Impressive... you made my ignore list in under 10 posts...

considering that I rarely use the thing (you are only the 5th person ever I have added)... the fact that you made it so quickly is really impressive.

I think we should have a signal that says you are on someone's ignore list, so that maybe we could resolve these issues privately, cause mostly we are all reasonable people with strong opinions. Commandant I hope I am not on that list cause I appreciate most of what you say but I hope we can disagree from time to time.

I think we should have a signal that says you are on someone's ignore list, so that maybe we could resolve these issues privately, cause mostly we are all reasonable people with strong opinions. Commandant I hope I am not on that list cause I appreciate most of what you say but I hope we can disagree from time to time.

no you are not on my list.

Actually I was wrong, there are only 4 people on my list, and as far as i can tell 3 guys don't post here anymore.... just this new guy

Lafrous

Kaboom

Habs 30/31

I like most people here. Just this guy has rubbed me the wrong way since joining...

Its not disagreeing that gets someone on my list... we can all disagree. Its the being downright rude to people in his responses. I have no time for that. We are here to talk hockey and have some fun.

no you are not on my list.

I like most people here. Just this guy has rubbed me the wrong way since joining...

I don't have anyone on my ignore list, but agree, this guy is down right offensive...

I'd be okay with him getting fired after Groulx gets hired somewhere else. Groulx is Therrien version 2.0. He's a 'my way or the highway' coach, drove the only pro team he coached to the point of near mutiny late in one season, and is particularly hard on star players. He also is known as a lousy communicator.

If you want something different than Therrien, Groulx is about the last coach you want to bring in.

Not sure how accurate your analysis of groulx is compared to therein. In fact outside of his receded hairline ala Claude Julien and soon to be MT as well as his strong French accent these to I think are polar opposite.

With a lot of kids soon to be taking on permanent roles on this team, He would be the best guy to take our strong youth (Gallagher**, galchenyuk, beaulieau, Reway, McCarron, andrighetto, lehkonan, barberio, fucale, Carr, Hudon Etc ) to the next level.

He unlike MT who continually leans on marginal veterans, could play a vital role in showing our youth the confidence they need and assurance they want to feel in order to play the game and "have fun" as he likes to say and use all the time. He holds veteran players accountable... That's what we want!

MT will bury the youth, let's gives our veterans Unlimited opportunity and plays favourites. talks about playing the right way and it's all a process...

Groulx- have fun, accountable veterans and a niche for developing youth... Arguably the most respected coach in the Q

MT- no accountability to the vets, bury's youth with little rope given (e.g NB and andrighetto) as our most recent cases.

Not sure how accurate your analysis of groulx is compared to therein. In fact outside of his receded hairline ala Claude Julien and soon to be MT as well as his strong French accent these to I think are polar opposite.

With a lot of kids soon to be taking on permanent roles on this team, He would be the best guy to take our strong youth (Gallagher**, galchenyuk, beaulieau, Reway, McCarron, andrighetto, lehkonan, barberio, fucale, Carr, Hudon Etc ) to the next level.

He unlike MT who continually leans on marginal veterans, could play a vital role in showing our youth the confidence they need and assurance they want to feel in order to play the game and "have fun" as he likes to say and use all the time. He holds veteran players accountable... That's what we want!

MT will bury the youth, let's gives our veterans Unlimited opportunity and plays favourites. talks about playing the right way and it's all a process...

Groulx- have fun, accountable veterans and a niche for developing youth... Arguably the most respected coach in the Q

MT- no accountability to the vets, bury's youth with little rope given (e.g NB and andrighetto) as our most recent cases.

Most junior coaches have a reputation for developing youngsters since that's all they work with. He certainly didn't develop them well in the AHL where it was one nightmare after another (and that was only the stuff that came out in public). There's a reason he hasn't had a sniff at a pro job since 2010.

As for the similarities to Therrien? Read these and you'll see what I mean. A lot of the same complaints about Therrien are listed in there.

You can't really compare their usage of veterans considering Groulx has never had the opportunity to play veterans over youngsters. For all we know, Groulx could do the exact same thing; we can't say for sure so you can't give him a leg up on Therrien in that regard as it's only a hypothetical scenario.

Doesn't happen until summer guys, if it happens at all, I truly believe that. I find it as close to impossible as it can be, considering i'm not psychic, that Bergevin fires his good friend after a season in which the only player that makes this team special was out for 90% of the season.

For me personally i've reached a point where I'm not willing to defend his job, or demand his firing, I see no considerable upgrade as a candidate at this time, and unless I see one, that is where I will remain.

• Upvote 1

Why today, dosent seem to make sense? Think big picture, think of all the money G.M. will save by Bergy not firing MT, since have to pay him anyways.

Promote him to head coach of St. Johns. Heck I don't care any day is a good day to fire him.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seeing if anyone else has heard this:

That Therrien was not Bergevin's first choice but was essentially leaned on by ownership and potentially by alumni players.

Why you might ask? Because Therrien was already known to those entrenched in the Montreal hockey scene - thus ensuring they had a known entity coming back. Someone who might listen to them and ensure their perceived importance to the organization.

The rumour continues that Bergy wanted Crawford all along but as he was an "outsider", and was looked over.

Marc Crawford says he wants to be back in the NHL. Says he is a much better coach than he ever was. Loved his experience in Swiss land and learned a great deal. He would be one of my top candidates when we finally dump Le Genius.

Where will Crawford bide his time for next couple years, St. Johns?

I of course would prefer he bide his time taking the big club to the CUP. The thing is that Crawford said he would go to Ahl if need be in order to get his career going. So maybe we fire that icehole in St. Johns' and put March there for a couple of months.

• Upvote 1

How about calling him up, telling him we will make a change at year's end and are interested in him and sussing out hypothetical salary demands, etc.. Insist on absolute discretion so there is no media flare-up. Then, a day or two after the season ends, fire MT and Bob's your uncle.