When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

Whether Therrien is an 'asshole' has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the quality of his coaching. Bowman was an asshole too.

Keep mewling all you want, but this team has outplayed Tampa every single game in the series except for 40 minutes of Game Two. The players work like dogs and have shown remarkable discipline the last two games when the refs were looking to put them down. Our coaching may not be perfect, but it is not a fundamental problem.

• Upvote 2

Whether Therrien is an 'asshole' has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the quality of his coaching. Bowman was an asshole too.

Keep mewling all you want, but this team has outplayed Tampa every single game in the series except for 40 minutes of Game Two. The players work like dogs and have shown remarkable discipline the last two games when the refs were looking to put them down. Our coaching may not be perfect, but it is not a fundamental problem.

Nobody said it is. Just commenting on whats being said.

If Therrien was gone tomorrow nobody would think we lost a thing.

Mewling? who the heck is mewling? I just want a cup.

If Therrien was gone tomorrow nobody would think we lost a thing.

I agree with that. But we wouldn't be any better either. Nothing is MT's performance warrants anything like the indignation and contempt that has been spewed at him by 'expert' fans. It's completely whacked.

• Upvote 1

That's for sure, 2 division titles in 3 years, a trip to the conference finals and still alive in the playoffs.

An average roster at best.

Obviously Price helps,

He probably isn't the best coach out there, but he certainly isn't the worst.

Amazing, we lose he needs to be fired, we win he is the cat's meow. There just have to be some sore ankles out there from jumping on and off the band wagon. Chris he is a mediocre coach, great on defense completely lacking on offense. He has an above average lineup, still need some parts, with the best goaltender in the world. The best thing this club could do is get him an assistant or associate coach to run the offense. Then we could say we have a great coaching staff. My opinion has not changed in 2 years and it probably never will cause he will never change. He needs help on certain things like all of us.

• Upvote 1

Amazing, we lose he needs to be fired, we win he is the cat's meow. There just have to be some sore ankles out there from jumping on and off the band wagon. Chris he is a mediocre coach, great on defense completely lacking on offense. He has an above average lineup, still need some parts, with the best goaltender in the world. The best thing this club could do is get him an assistant or associate coach to run the offense. Then we could say we have a great coaching staff. My opinion has not changed in 2 years and it probably never will cause he will never change. He needs help on certain things like all of us.

The key, it seems to me, is to recognize that he will not be replaced by Mike Babcock, Scotty Bowman, or some other coaching superman. He will be replaced by some other guy who has strengths and weaknesses, just like Therrien. Once you recognize this, the idea that he is some HUGE PROBLEM dissipates. He's a decent coach and so will be his replacement. Why get worked up about it.

Grass is always greener with coach 'X'!

Although most arnt even sure who a realistic replacement coach 'X' might be (which cant be a long list as French is mandatory), but want to fire current one no matter what.

Dosent seem a great nor smartest hiring policy, especially given the W-L record for past 3 years.

It seems about 50% of Habfans hate Therrien and arnt shy in expressing their weak arguments why he should be fired and same amount are smarter crowd who, more or less, are fine with him as coach.

Why thread wont die...even if win cup I bet the critics will still complain endlessly. :nuts:

It seems about 50% of Habfans hate Therrien and arnt shy in expressing their weak arguments why he should be fired and same amount are smarter crowd who, more or less, are fine with him as coach.

Why thread wont die...even if win cup I bet the critics will still complain endlessly. :nuts:

I might be the guy who started it, but I am not the guy who keeps bringing it back. As I said if you get him an assistant or associate coach who can run the offense I think we would have a great coaching staff. It is not necessarily Le Genius who must be fired. But the coaching staff needs to be improved on.

Hey my spell check is working again.

Roenick last night said that he couldn't give Therrien credit. When pressed by Milbury (yes, this is the level of national television hockey coverage in the USA, so stop bitching) he said cryptically that he knew a lot of people and heard a lot of things about MT treating certain players poorly.

Roenick famously chafed under Iron Mike, and my guess is they 90% of the Therrien bashing is people who compare him to the "meanie managers" in their own lives.

Roenick last night said that he couldn't give Therrien credit. When pressed by Milbury (yes, this is the level of national television hockey coverage in the USA, so stop bitching) he said cryptically that he knew a lot of people and heard a lot of things about MT treating certain players poorly.

Roenick famously chafed under Iron Mike, and my guess is they 90% of the Therrien bashing is people who compare him to the "meanie managers" in their own lives.

When it comes to rumours in the Penguins world, Hal Gill and Evgeni Malkin hated Therrien because he was never satisfied with their work while Sidney Crosby and Sergei Gonchar loved Therrien because he always pushed them to be better players.

I'm an asshole, and this never affected my coaching competence quota!

I couldn't agree less. Everything I've heard be it Patches or reports on the "best room in the NHL", continuous resliliency and most tellingly to me , the straightforward confidence MT has demonstrated time and again in the efforts and achievements of this team regardless of the score. I think he's been excellent and I strongly commend his excellent leadership.

I might be the guy who started it, but I am not the guy who keeps bringing it back. As I said if you get him an assistant or associate coach who can run the offense I think we would have a great coaching staff. It is not necessarily Le Genius who must be fired. But the coaching staff needs to be improved on.

Hey my spell check is working again.

Mein tou!

and if we dont?....you guys will still love and stroke him endlessly..........but he'll fired so who cares

I say fire him and win the cup same year......like the last team he coached.

Why do you always take peoples opinions and turn them into some sort of personal attack. I for instance own my own business, I have no "meanie manager" except maybe me :) . People can have an opinion without it being something you need to denigrate by making it some personal attack. Let your own opinions prop up your views and keep the personal stuff to yourself.

• Upvote 1

Winning a Cup only kept the wolves off Roy for one year. Even then I recall people saying he was faking injury against the Bruins to save face.

Why do you always take peoples opinions and turn them into some sort of personal attack. I for instance own my own business, I have no "meanie manager" except maybe me :) . People can have an opinion without it being something you need to denigrate by making it some personal attack. Let your own opinions prop up your views and keep the personal stuff to yourself.

A personal attack has to mention someone, right?

With a few minutes to play, we ice it (after a long shift, the guys a spent for sure) and here's me:

"timeout timeout timeout timeout timeout timeout, YES!!"

At no time do you save your timeout..you spend it when you NEED it! We needed it at THAT MOMENT and it was a great move by MT! We got the rest, and finished the subsequent shift(s) and held the lead. Now I ask you, could somebody give him a little credit plz? I know he has his faults, but so does every coach, past or present.

With a few minutes to play, we ice it (after a long shift, the guys a spent for sure) and here's me:

"timeout timeout timeout timeout timeout timeout, YES!!"

At no time do you save your timeout..you spend it when you NEED it! We needed it at THAT MOMENT and it was a great move by MT! We got the rest, and finished the subsequent shift(s) and held the lead. Now I ask you, could somebody give him a little credit plz? I know he has his faults, but so does every coach, past or present.

:cry_smile:

Some believe the habs could get, deserve and need a better coach. Thas not a personal insult against those of you who dont. Get over the guy. On his best day he is an average coach who speaks both languages. For his worst day google Coach Therrien Rant Pittsburg.

Like to see high lite of Therrien calling the time out that won us the game......in slow motion. :rofl:

Haha, yeah I know he's a dope, but he's probably not getting fired anytime soon. His record will keep him here, regardless of this post-season. However, the timeout that he didn't call earlier in the series will not happen again. Glad he smartened up

Haha, yeah I know he's a dope, but he's probably not getting fired anytime soon. His record will keep him here, regardless of this post-season. However, the timeout that he didn't call earlier in the series will not happen again. Glad he smartened up

agreed

Let's have some fun. Choose your coach:

Coach 1: Regular Season
Games: 221
Wins: 107
Losses: 87
Ties/OTL/SO: 27
Coach 1: Playoffs
Games: 27
Wins: 19
Losses: 8
Rounds Won: 4