When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

Yep, nothing easier than being an NHL coach. Hey, according to this site, there are at least a dozen internet experts who have never coached a day in their lives who can do infinitely better than Therrien. I look forward to their being hired. The Cup will be assured.

and you have not voiced any strong hockey opinions of your own on "this site" ha!

Yes he can.

Alex Galchenyuk was struggling against non-playoff teams at center in the season after an early first games boost. You expect him to what, Super-Saiyan because he gets put in the spot?

Hockey isn't some magical thing where you say, "You're first line center!" and the guy suddenly performs. You have to perform against weak competition before you can be elevated to attempt performing against top competition. Alex Galchenyuk has looked like a 20 year old with offensive flash against top talent and weak talent. It's why he plays top six minutes on the wing.

Next season he's going to get another shot at top six center. It's up to his own growth and development to prove he can play top six center against top competition on the road. Until he does that? He's exactly where he should be.

DD has struggled at center for far more games than chuckys two week stint.

only 3 assist pax has in his career waas with chucky as his center. and thats after hundreds of games with DD

btw DD gets a goal tonight......to tie lars Eller in these play offs...........with ONE

DD has struggled at center for far more games than chuckys two week stint.

only 3 assist pax has in his career waas with chucky as his center. and thats after hundreds of games with DD

btw DD gets a goal tonight......to tie lars Eller in these play offs...........with ONE

Pleks has all of one goal as well......9 games ago.

yes, there is just no room on this star studded team of all star centers for chucky to get a shot. ha! Maybe another 200 games on the wing and he will be at the level of the DD the legend. :rofl:

Pleks has all of one goal as well......9 games ago.

yes, there is just no room on this star studded team of all star centers for chucky to get a shot. ha! Maybe another 200 games on the wing and he will be at the level of the DD the legend. :rofl:

seriously though, who really wants to move chucky to C right now.... yes he looked much better last night but to me up until last night he's skating around like PAP out there more so then a young blooming star center.... plex outside of his major blunder in dumping the puck in the final seconds has been playing much better then galchenyuk. night and day to be exact, that line has played really well outside of finding the twine. the team (not just plex or DD or whoever the whipping boy of the day) isn't scoring... the team as a whole is not scoring. hopefully the flood gates have truly opened after game 4 and we can make this a series. and if we fall short we can look back at this ice spell as one flaw in a a really good hockey team that needs to be addressed moving forward... but for now its game 5!!

Guest Stogey24

Next year I would. 27 should be centering Pacs and a legit top RW.

McGuire and Lebrun were both saying this offseason is the year Bergevin needs to make a splash. He had his "transistion" years, now its time to add a couple guys that know how to put the Puck in the net. Plekanec was a name mentioned as a guy that could go for a winger... Emelin was also mentioned as a contract they might be wanting to get rid of.

I would have no problem moving PAP DD and Pleks

I am probably in the minority, but I like Emelin's game, especially since being paired with Petry.

I would definitely go after a top line RW and give my all to reign Petry.

sign Petry I mean.

Guest Stogey24

This team needs to figure out the situation with Tinordi too. There are a lot of young D right now who can fill rolls. Nygren is also a RFA this year... not sure what the plan is with him

This team needs to figure out the situation with Tinordi too. There are a lot of young D right now who can fill rolls. Nygren is also a RFA this year... not sure what the plan is with him

I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Pleks packaged at the draft.

I've got my tickets, I can't wait to go.

"We have a trade to announce..."

seriously though, who really wants to move chucky to C right now.

I just don't see it. He was a center last in juniors, he's played a combined total of two solid games in the NHL as a center. Also, we have 5 centers and we'll need a new second line LW if he moves. That they played Brian Flynn ahead of him in a playoff game lets you know the organization's opinion.

Mark my words, not happening.

Guest Stogey24

I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Pleks packaged at the draft.

I've got my tickets, I can't wait to go.

"We have a trade to announce..."

This team has waited so long for a D man like Tinordi to come around. He's been a leader his entire hockey career, I can't see them trading him.

That is probably the last we see of him, looked like a talented kid, but running away to go home twice? Qualify him and trade his rights.

I just don't see it. He was a center last in juniors, he's played a combined total of two solid games in the NHL as a center. Also, we have 5 centers and we'll need a new second line LW if he moves. That they played Brian Flynn ahead of him in a playoff game lets you know the organization's opinion.

Mark my words, not happening.

agree totally, he might even end up being a winger his whole career... just cause ehe played C in junior does not make him an nhl C... as an example markov played Centre as a junior!!

Lafleur was also a centre in junior and ended up being a not too shabby rw.

agree totally, he might even end up being a winger his whole career... just cause ehe played C in junior does not make him an nhl C... as an example markov played Centre as a junior!!

Dosent seem like the wisest assessment. Suck it up Buttercup, this is a manly game...not one for gutless Russians! :bonk:

I think the biggest miscue of the season was allowing Alex to be a big f'n baby and whine his way back to wing. Time to grow up, and more importantly, grow a pair!

never heard him say wanted back to wing. matter of fact heard him say the opposite.

only person i heard say he said he was more comfortable on wing was therrien.

Alex after being moved back when asked (google it) : " I feel comfortable at center and at wing, it's not my decision"

When the topic came up i scoured sports pages and sites for anywhere he stated anything remotely close to rather be playing on the wing..............implore anyone else to find a quote from alex where he said that.

I've thought about the idea of trading Pleks as well. Still young enough to add value to a team that needs a veteran, two-way stabilizer, he is entering the back-9 of his career and could be a useful trading chip to get scoring help. E.g., perhaps Chiarelli - who knows what Pleks can do - would be interested. The problem is the hole Plekanec leaves. Maybe Eller could step up and play the role of go-to shutdown C...but unless we get a C back for Pleks, Galy would then have to move to the centre position. Still, I'd rather move Pleks than, say, Beaulieu.

Guest Stogey24

I've thought about the idea of trading Pleks as well. Still young enough to add value to a team that needs a veteran, two-way stabilizer, he is entering the back-9 of his career and could be a useful trading chip to get scoring help. E.g., perhaps Chiarelli - who knows what Pleks can do - would be interested. The problem is the hole Plekanec leaves. Maybe Eller could step up and play the role of go-to shutdown C...but unless we get a C back for Pleks, Galy would then have to move to the centre position. Still, I'd rather move Pleks than, say, Beaulieu.

Plek is definitely a trading chip in the offseason.

In the play offs there is "a hole" with Pleks.

Chucky. There was a time ealrier this season i wanted him at center. I thought that was the plan all along. Seguin like. Far as i am concerned most nights he is invisible the last three months. Has like two goals in the last 30 games. So while i had high expectations with all the hype when we drafted him, and the flash he showed as a rookie. I have as many suggested, lowered my expectations. Three season in, what you see is what you get. Winger or center.

Plek is definitely a trading chip in the offseason.

2nd rounder at best.

Hear hear..I agree, Pleks and possibly Tinordi? I tell you what though, I'd keep Pateryn over Tinordi and Emelin both. We shall see....

I like Pateryn alot too. Over both those D.