Montreal vs. Nashville | December 21th, 2013 | 1900 EST

lazy26

We could have given up 5 goals if not for Price and some lucky bounces....

This period kills anything positive about the first. Totally dominated. No offence. No effort. Outshot 20 to 6 in the second...

I hope he rips them for that crap effort after 20.

They played 5 minutes of good hockey then they quit.

Could they possibly stand around watch any more in the defensive zone.

12 shots against Nashville and playing with 5 D and there 3rd string goalie.

Hopefully price can score a couple in the third.

Subban is a horse though he could play 33 a game and be fine.

He already has shown signs of struggling when he gets over 26 regularly (think back to a few weeks ago when he and Markov were dead by the end of the first the one game), he certainly couldn't handle 33. His ice time was around 6 minutes that period...that will probably go up in the 3rd (I expect he'll come out around 24-25, his usual).

That second goal was rough, I actually could see it coming. Price banks it off Murray (strike one), Eller fails to get it out at the line (strike two); those mistakes have a knack for going in the net.

Whew. What a finish....it was almost worth all of that bs to see DD bounce off a check, get the puck deep, get knocked down, get up again steal the puck and score!

Yep, DD has been taking Gallagher lessons

And as far as deserving the win....what does deserve have to do with anything? Teams lose games they deserve to win all of the time. I will take the win and be happy....glad to be going into the break with a win. Merry Christmas all

Whew. What a finish....it was almost worth all of that bs to see DD bounce off a check, get the puck deep, get knocked down, get up again steal the puck and score!

Yep, DD has been taking Gallagher lessons

And as far as deserving the win....what does deserve have to do with anything? Teams lose games they deserve to win all of the time. I will take the win and be happy....glad to be going into the break with a win. Merry Christmas all

I will take the points, but I will be happy when the Habs are playing better hockey.

I will be happier when they are playing better as well...tonight could have been really ugly if not for Price, but as I said, always happy with a win

The hockey gods were in attendance for this one. The non-call on Markov was terrible, the subsequent misconduct was also dumb (unless Markov did go over the top), and there's a case to be made that Desharnais could have got a penalty prior to the OT goal. Funny how that works sometimes.

I thought prior to Sunday's game that if the Habs could get 2 out of 4 with the way they've been playing, it'd be a good week. It wasn't pretty at times but they got their split. When you're struggling, playing .500 hockey is a good way to hang around.

Apparently there's a tornado warning in Nashville, fans are being advised to stay in the arena (though they're not forcing them to stay, they can risk it if they want).

Markov (or someone on bench) said something he shouldn't have, that set off ref and it looked like DD tripped the d-man for sure.

Who cares, is another 2 points.

Missed #26 out there and he would of helped, Murray coughed up puck a few times, but Boullion played fine for 23+minutes.