Bourque - Legwand - Hornqvist

Stalberg - Fisher - Nystrom

Smith - Cullen - Spaling

Clune - Hendricks - Gaustad

Weber - Josi

Jones - Bartley

Ellis - Klein

Mazanec

Well, I like those lines. Galy with Pleks is promising, the Patches line is the Patches line, and the Eller line is an intriguing mix that could go either way: either these players compound each others' lacklustre inconsistency, or they start to spark each other creating a beneficial chain reaction. And that Prust line looks like a hell of a 4th line to me, a real pain in the arse to play against.

Frankly, just looking at it on paper, the Eller line is the key. If those guys can start to play to potential, we'll start doing some damage.

I feel for Eller - constantly being handed the trash all season. I guess this should help prepare him for Pleks role by giving him constantly revolving linemates.

Well, I like those lines. Galy with Pleks is promising, the Patches line is the Patches line, and the Eller line is an intriguing mix that could go either way: either these players compound each others' lacklustre inconsistency, or they start to spark each other creating a beneficial chain reaction. And that Prust line looks like a hell of a 4th line to me, a real pain in the arse to play against.

Frankly, just looking at it on paper, the Eller line is the key. If those guys can start to play to potential, we'll start doing some damage.

• Upvote 1

Chuck - Plek - Gally please.

What's the defensive line then? You don't want Galchenyuk and Gallagher having to cover the opponents' best guys. The 4th line is defensively capable but it's not ideal playing them heavy shutdown minutes either.

Guest Stogey24

Don't think Briere will help. he honestly should be replacing Gionta.

Galchenyuk needs t play with a finisher. That's why he and 11 were successful together. No clue why they are split up.

I would seriously shake things up. Give Briere a full time roll at centre.

Borque-Plek-Gio

Pac-Briere-DD

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher

Moen-White-Prust

What's the defensive line then? You don't want Galchenyuk and Gallagher having to cover the opponents' best guys. The 4th line is defensively capable but it's not ideal playing them heavy shutdown minutes either.

This would be a good game to audition that line. Gabriel Bourque and David Legwand are third liners on some teams. I don't know if there's a first liner on the whole team.

Despite a drop in production, I really like the way Eller is playing. Very strong on the puck. I wish he was better on the wing, because Briere needs to play centre for a while and find his groove. I would love to see this third line do some damage.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why your paying pleks 5 mill to be a checker? I said it before, play him 11 and 27.

Let Moen Eller and Prust shut down lines.

I sure as heck don't want Moen and Prust playing 15+ minutes a game regularly. Plekanec is getting his money to be the go-to two way guy, not the go-to offensive one.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why your paying pleks 5 mill to be a checker? I said it before, play him 11 and 27.

Let Moen Eller and Prust shut down lines.

You pay Plek 5 million to be Plek. Top of the team every year despite playing big minutes against the best players in the league. One of the best penalty killers in the league. Amazing instincts and hockey intelligence. He is so good in his role that it should never change. Ranks up there with Datzuk, Towes, Bergeron when talking about the greatest two way players in the game. He is and has been the team's best and most consistent skater for five years. The league is just now figuring it out.

Despite a drop in production, I really like the way Eller is playing. Very strong on the puck. .

Yeah I agree. The drop in production is going to help MB really screw him on his next deal! JK. If he can be a reliable third line center who can chip in 35-45 points and play up if injuries happen, I'm satisfied. He's added a physical dimension to his game, maybe if Gio leaves next year, DD moves to the wing, and Galchenyuk gets promoted to center he can play a more offensive minded role. DD was really good on the wing when he made the team, and I like what he does on the half wall. I would rather give the sheltered minutes to Galchenyuk while he learns center.

Eller's not going to get screwed. He'll just sign a short term deal to take him to UFA. Than he'll screw over MB like Subban is going to do enjoy doing.

Yeah I agree. The drop in production is going to help MB really screw him on his next deal! JK. If he can be a reliable third line center who can chip in 35-45 points and play up if injuries happen, I'm satisfied. He's added a physical dimension to his game, maybe if Gio leaves next year, DD moves to the wing, and Galchenyuk gets promoted to center he can play a more offensive minded role. DD was really good on the wing when he made the team, and I like what he does on the half wall. I would rather give the sheltered minutes to Galchenyuk while he learns center.

I sure as heck don't want Moen and Prust playing 15+ minutes a game regularly. Plekanec is getting his money to be the go-to two way guy, not the go-to offensive one.

In 07-08 and 2009-10 Plekanec showed what he can do in 70pt seasons given a more offensive role and again last year his offense was very good in Czech league, but his 2 way value is underrated by most and will be hard to replace. Eller appears to be the one to fill his role as top six 2-way centre, at some point.

I don't under rate him. I just want him playing with 2 offensive players and see what happens.

Yes I do want to see Moen and Prust play 15 a night. It's a better alternative to Gionta, Briere, DD, White.