3/1 Toronto @ Montreal

with a 4 on 4 why the hell not play Galchenyuk??????

To be fair, he was on the ice when the penalties were taken.

If it is overtime, can you pull the goalie for a fifth?

You can. However, if the opposition scores into the empty net, you don't get the loser point.

Just read this thread after watching the game. I just want to point out everyone calling MT an idiot for various reasons but yet here we are getting the win.

As someone who has defended much of Therrien, I will say three things:

1) The blame is not just Therrien but the whole coaching staff.

2) Eller finally showed some individual flair regardless of linemates, proving my point.

3) This team wins in spite of coaching more than because of.

• Upvote 2

Nice to see Briere get some ice in OT and look dangerous. Eller looked good at times but held on to the puck for too long. He could take a page from the book of Patches and SHOOT.

Great bounce-back game from PK. Tough road trip coming up!

As someone who has defended much of Therrien, I will say three things:

1) The blame is not just Therrien but the whole coaching staff.

2) Eller finally showed some individual flair regardless of linemates, proving my point.

Blame for what?

Okay then logically you can't say that this team loses because of coaching if coaching doesn't get credit for winning.

Okay then logically you can't say that this team loses because of coaching if coaching doesn't get credit for winning.

I think the goaliecoach is one reason we are winning.

I'm currently listening to the post game conference and Therien called Galchenyuk 19 years old twice. I was sure he turned 20, so I looked it up and I was right, he turned 20 on Feb. 12th.

Just read this thread after watching the game. I just want to point out everyone calling MT an idiot for various reasons but yet here we are getting the win.

yep, MT's coaching got us the two late penalties for the tie and winning goals.

We won, but still lousy bench management. why was Murray out against Kessel. Why is Gionta out in OT so much? Why iGalchenyuk is nailed to the bench in OT and 4 on 4 or 4 on 3 situations is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

yep, MT's coaching got us the two late penalties for the tie and winning goals.

We won, but still lousy bench management. why was Murray out against Kessel. Why is Gionta out in OT so much? Why iGalchenyuk is nailed to the bench in OT and 4 on 4 or 4 on 3 situations is beyond me.

Who cares who is playing? We won. Every coaching decision that he made during the game led up to the win. You can't do any better than getting two points and that's what we got.

Who cares who is playing? We won. Every coaching decision that he made during the game led up to the win. You can't do any better than getting two points and that's what we got.

going 3 games in OT isn't the way i want to be winning. The first game we were damn lucky to get to OT - the team played like shit. The pens game, we were lucky that we were facing Fleury in net and MT's coaching in OT was crap. Trying to get to the shootout with the best shootout team in the league is a stupid strategy.

Tonight, we started out strong and almost let the game away. If MT had treated Markov like he treated Subban last game, Markov wouldn't have been playing and made that great pass to Maxpac for the winner.

These are night signs of a well coached team. This is NOT a well coached team, with the exception of the goalie coach.

going 3 games in OT isn't the way i want to be winning. The first game we were damn lucky to get to OT - the team played like shit. The pens game, we were lucky that we were facing Fleury in net and MT's coaching in OT was crap. Trying to get to the shootout with the best shootout team in the league is a stupid strategy.

Tonight, we started out strong and almost let the game away. If MT had treated Markov like he treated Subban last game, Markov wouldn't have been playing and made that great pass to Maxpac for the winner.

These are night signs of a well coached team. This is NOT a well coached team, with the exception of the goalie coach.

Welcome to today's NHL, I think you are stuck in the 70's. Most games are hard fought battles with the outcome being determined by "luck". Perhaps if you weren't the most negative poster in the history of the internet you would be happy about getting 2 points even though it wasn't 2 points the way you wanted. 4-3 in OT is still the same as a dominating 8-0 route. As long as he keeps winning, I think I will agree with whatever Therrien chooses over whatever it is a random fan says.

Welcome to today's NHL, I think you are stuck in the 70's. Most games are hard fought battles with the outcome being determined by "luck". Perhaps if you weren't the most negative poster in the history of the internet you would be happy about getting 2 points even though it wasn't 2 points the way you wanted. 4-3 in OT is still the same as a dominating 8-0 route. As long as he keeps winning, I think I will agree with whatever Therrien chooses over whatever it is a random fan says.

Stuck in the 70's?? I guess its too much to want the habs to be as consistent in player development and playoff appearances as the red wings, or the devils have over the past 20 years. Or even show as much consistency as the hated bruins have over the last 5 years.

i guess you'll be happy with yo-yo performances year over year and quick first round exits, because our coach gets out coached again and can't adjust like the other team's coach.

• Upvote 1

i guess you'll be happy with quick first round exits, because our coach gets out coached again and can't adjust like the other team's coach.

Why be upset about something that hasn't happened yet?

Why be upset about something that hasn't happened yet?

because without some changes by MB and MT, that's what we are headed for again. THose that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

That's like saying that Subban made a good play when his stick broke and the puck trickled to Markov, who set up the winning goal. The Habs were lucky that a bad play (albeit not Subban's fault) turned out well. Similarly, coaches can make poor choices that turn out well, and good choices that don't. There's an element of luck involved.

Excellent win, was worried for a bit, lol......

I really do like beating the Leafs most of all, the look on Carlyle's face walking off was Priceless!

Therrien is secretly a genius, and you guys need to have a little faith..... :rofl:

Wow did PK ever come back strong. He looked great today. A couple times when the timing was wrong and he was pressured, he didn't try the old "last man back dangle". He passed it off and did well. On Murray against Kessel, I didn't see if he was caught out there or if carlysle sent kessel out when he saw him, but Murray had a great game today. He won so many battles. I personally would be quite happy to see him as a number 6/7 next year as well.

Great game by the guys. Can't understand why Markov didn't get benched for blind pass. PK looked great. Ya know I have noticed that when he is on the ice and not stapled to the bench this team has a better chance of winning, maybe it's just me. Great to see him just BANG that puck till it went in. Eller showing some life. That's great. Patches looked good. Budaj played absolutely great. This Waite guy is a genius. Team looked really quite good tonite, lot of motivation. Gallagher as always causing trouble and making it happen, god what I wouldn't give for 20 guys with his motivation, but a little bigger would be nice. Parros looked real good skating around, he didn't fall down which is good. Gionta looked like he had some stuff going. All in all a pretty damn good game by the guys, BUT they got saved by the goalie one more time. He played out of his head, probably the best I have ever seen him play. Good thing MT called that time out when he did, that was great coaching. You may notice some sarcasm in here but none is directed at the players who reall played well I thought.

With his record since returning to the Habs being great considering what he took over for a mess of a team, I don't dislike Therrien this tenure, as much as I disliked him his last stint. Can't say I totally trust him because of the memory of the bench meltdown vs Carolina with a 3-0 lead.....that still stings, there were six die hard Hab fans friends of mine gathered for the game, all half drunk, and they never forgot it either :pray: