Marchand-Bergeron-Smith

Eriksson-Kelly-Soderberg

Caron-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Meszaros

Bartkowski-Boychuck

Krug-Miller

Rask

Big game for Eller.

There's no complaining of linemates when Galchenyuk and Briere are on your wing. That's a much more dangerous line than either of Boston's bottom six lines, even if Soderberg has 36 points.

Vanek better get plenty of ES time. He's a Bruin killer.

And there's my stop off the "Give Therrien the benefit of the doubt" express.

Yep...

We have one of the top D-men in the league paired with Bouillon. We brought in Weaver to replace Gorges and he's sitting. Murray and Tinordi are somehow a pairing. Beaulieu is stewing in the minors.

I know I and most Habs fans feel very irrational anger towards our coaches, and we sit in a decent spot in the standings, but what the hell is Therrien thinking? Is he holding this team back big time, or what?

Guest Stogey24

Yep...

We have one of the top D-men in the league paired with Bouillon. We brought in Weaver to replace Gorges and he's sitting. Murray and Tinordi are somehow a pairing. Beaulieu is stewing in the minors.

I know I and most Habs fans feel very irrational anger towards our coaches, and we sit in a decent spot in the standings, but what the hell is Therrien thinking? Is he holding this team back big time, or what?

I was going to say how is Beaulieu not a better option than POOuillion

Yep...

I wish he would answer questions about this from the media, but I feel like that is one of his dont go there subjects.

That did it?

Putting Vanek on teh checking line did it for me. The best offensive threat the habs have had in years is now a checker? A little weird.

I give credit to MT for having the team win the division last year and in the playoffs currently but i don't have a clue how he manages his players ice tiem and lines.

That did it?

Putting Vanek on teh checking line did it for me. The best offensive threat the habs have had in years is now a checker? A little weird.

I give credit to MT for having the team win the division last year and in the playoffs currently but i don't have a clue how he manages his players ice tiem and lines.

People need to stop saying that playing with our best center is being on the checking line.

He ain't playing with Ryan White.

I think maybe MT coaches on a "by the seat of your pants" theory, if something strikes him when he has had his 4th scotch of the evening. Then that's the game plan. There does not appear to be any rhyme nor reason to some of the moves he makes. But he gets lucky and things work out so he figures he is a genius or Toe Blake is looking after him from beyond the grave. Hey it's as good a theory as any.

I don't know why everything he does is scrutinized by the fan base as long as the team is winning. Many of his moves are head scratchers but you can't argue with success.

Every coach has head scratchers. Every time the B ruins score they put Shawn Thornton on the ice for the next face off. So no momentum or building off goals. They also have Dougie Hamilton sitting tonight for Kevan Miller, an AHLer and Matt Bartkowski. I'm not even going to discuss Peter Horachek playing Vincent Trochek a minor league call up 22 minutes a night while Johnathan Huberdeau is getting third line minutes.

I don't know why everything he does is scrutinized by the fan base as long as the team is winning. Many of his moves are head scratchers but you can't argue with success.

- We've fallen out of second in the Atlantic

- We now have an even goals for/goals against

- We haven't won in regulation since February 8 (eight games ago)

- Only scored six goals in our four game road trip.

- One line is pretty much propping up our scoring

The next win is 3,200. Stupid decisions will be scrutinized.

Every coach has head scratchers. Every time the B ruins score they put Shawn Thornton on the ice for the next face off. So no momentum or building off goals.

I can understand this strategy. Right after a team scores they are likely to face a strong push back right away. I would argue that giving up a goal on the shift after you score one is more momentum changing and demoralizing then simply giving up a bad goal at a random time during the game. So if Claude Julien sends Thornton out after every goal the B s score he simply is trying not to give back the goal right away.

I was going to say how is Beaulieu not a better option than POOuillion

Because Beaulieu hasn't played much yet and is very soft. So how would he do with 16-20minutes, no one knows? May get really exposed and is a risky call, Boullion is pretty safe with puck and gritty player.

Would I rather see whether Beaulieu can sink or swim with more asked from him, maybe?

But he would likely have that 'Budaj-like' brain cramp, that may cost game?

I think maybe MT coaches on a "by the seat of your pants" theory, if something strikes him when he has had his 4th scotch of the evening. Then that's the game plan. There does not appear to be any rhyme nor reason to some of the moves he makes. But he gets lucky and things work out so he figures he is a genius or Toe Blake is looking after him from beyond the grave. Hey it's as good a theory as any.

I like how our best defense of Therrien is that he came up with his moves when he was drunk.

MT sits Rene Bourque and the reaction is about Bouillon !!! :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to see a PP with Vanek instead of Gionta, a really good 4th line, and what seems like a more balanced 5 on 5.

GO HABS GO :habslogo:

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Because Beaulieu hasn't played much yet and is very soft. So how would he do with 16-20minutes, no one knows? May get really exposed and is a risky call, Boullion is pretty safe with puck and gritty player.

Would I rather see whether Beaulieu can sink or swim with more asked from him, maybe?

But he would likely have that 'Budaj-like' brain cramp, that may cost game?

Yeah, probably not the best game to call a rookie up that plays like Beaulieu

Well he sits one bum and inserts another, so I think it's a fair reaction.

MT sits Rene Bourque and the reaction is about Bouillon !!! :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to see a PP with Vanek instead of Gionta, a really good 4th line, and what seems like a more balanced 5 on 5.

GO HABS GO :habslogo:

Yeah, probably not the best game to call a rookie up that plays like Beaulieu

I'd rather he play the bruins now rather then potentially later in the playoffs.

I'm hoping to see Vanek eventually get some icetime with DD, and more than just a couple of shifts. I would not be upset if he also got paired with Galchenyuk at some time, because I believe Vanek needs a good playmaker to set him up.

In one of his first two Habs games, there was a play with Plekanec behind the net with the puck and Vanek in the slot a bit off to the side and not covered. Instead of setting up Vanek who he saw was open, Tomas tried a simple wrap around which failed. I like Plekanec because he's a hard working guy but his offensive skills are either on the decline due to the Habs system or because of himself.

Well Lucic is up to his old tricks. Borderline boarding call that wasn't made. Emelin looked like he was favouring his wrist on the bench.