Apr. 4, Montreal vs Ottawa, 7 PM

dlbalr

32 17 SOG OTtawa

Pretty high percentage shooting from les boys.

And we have blocked 1400 shots.. first in the league according to the play by play guys..

Pretty impressive.

So Pacioretty could score 40. You guys realize how amazing that is? When is the last time we had a 40 goal scorer?

We started the game 0-3. It's 7-3. Wow. Wow. WOW?!

Boy, that escalated quickly!

Side note: Pacioretty hit 38 despite missing a significant time to injury. Who could have ever hoped he would turn out this good?

Long live the Habs

So Pacioretty could score 40. You guys realize how amazing that is? When is the last time we had a 40 goal scorer?We started the game 0-3. It's 7-3. Wow. Wow. WOW?!Boy, that escalated quickly!Side note: Pacioretty hit 38 despite missing a significant time to injury. Who could have ever hoped he would turn out this good?Long live the Habs
Ya.. we didn't even know for sure he'd be back to play.Wonderful to witness the development called by the guys with better eyes on the site.

How about another hand for Budaj.

What a guy.

So they score on him..../ ldaffasfjawe adsfn[df sdaf

That was a bad goal that buds would like back. but what the heck he faced 2 games worth of rubber tonite.

HAHAHA! Too true...

10 points.. great three stars..

good for les boys.

Us...the Habs.... 7 freakin goals!!?? who the hell are those guys?

How can Vanek not want to come back after some of these games? What's 4-5 mil when you'll get 40-50 minimum?

You got me praying... ^_^

Take the 2 points and run.

Offensively looked great, not so much everywhere else. I thought Budaj was really good minus the last one.

I might sit Markov tomorrow for Bealieu, that shot off the foot may take a few days to heal up.

I don't think the sens will want to play us anymore. As a freind of mine used to say " we got right in their kitchen and rattled them pots and pans" . We are in their head now and the beating of last year has been dealt with. We will get another shot at them in the playoffs sometime, or... not.

That was such a fun game to watch...even when we were down 3-0, and the Senaturds fans amongst my FB friends began to chirp...I just sensed it wasn't over yet. Vanek/DD/Pacioretty are an absolute wrecking ball of a top line, and I hope we throw a very serious offer to Vanek if he keeps this going through the playoffs. With Vanek around, it seems 40+ goals for Max every year is a cinch. Very excited by this team that can score reliably now!

Take the 2 points and run.

Offensively looked great, not so much everywhere else. I thought Budaj was really good minus the last one.

I might sit Markov tomorrow for Bealieu, that shot off the foot may take a few days to heal up.

7 goals. Take the 2 points and run.

You do realize it makes no sense. Right ?

When you score 7 goals, the 2 pts are yours. You didn't steal them.

So I missed the subban miscue. Less than 14 minutes of ice time for him? Ugh it hurts. I honestly feel like this is detrimental to him. Hasn't Markov given up goals the same way but Therrien looks the other way?

Actually when Markov deflects an own goal Therrien probably buys him a pack of tissues and gives him more ice time to make him feel better. Of course subban screws up sometimes, but he deserves so much more respect. Sooo much more. Norris winner. Going to be a consistent 50 point defenseman. Should be used on the PK consistently. Honestly, there might be 2-3 better overall defenseman in the league. Weber, Keith... Doughty?

So I missed the subban miscue. Less than 14 minutes of ice time for him? Ugh it hurts. I honestly feel like this is detrimental to him. Hasn't Markov given up goals the same way but Therrien looks the other way?

Actually when Markov deflects an own goal Therrien probably buys him a pack of tissues and gives him more ice time to make him feel better. Of course subban screws up sometimes, but he deserves so much more respect. Sooo much more. Norris winner. Going to be a consistent 50 point defenseman. Should be used on the PK consistently. Honestly, there might be 2-3 better overall defenseman in the league. Weber, Keith... Doughty?

It's stupidity like sitting Subban (after the first what minute or so?) that idiots like Stock can go on about how weak Subban is on defence. Great watching another comeback against the hens, nice to see Eller get a key goal in the comeback and even better seeing MaxPac inching close to 40.

But man, even after a win like its still impossible for me to consider MT a coach I would want to see here next year, when you see him constantly having a double standard on how he deals with Subban vs. EVERY other friggin guy who makes a mistake on this team! Subban played what, 1 minute in the first period???

So Pacioretty could score 40. You guys realize how amazing that is? When is the last time we had a 40 goal scorer?

We started the game 0-3. It's 7-3. Wow. Wow. WOW?!

Boy, that escalated quickly!

Side note: Pacioretty hit 38 despite missing a significant time to injury. Who could have ever hoped he would turn out this good?

Long live the Habs

Last 40 goal guy was Vincent Damphousse, 93-94.....

It's hard to defend the double standard put forth by Therrien because Markov and Emelin were equally bad vs the Sens early, and have had some ugly moments defending this year too. Subban had 37 seconds of ice time in the 1st period, and was -2....

Don't get me wrong, there is very little, or next to nothing that I don't like about Subban, I am a big fan of his, but..... it's kind of hard to be critical of Therrien getting after Subban (although I don't know if benching and public humiliation is the way to get after him and make a point.) I find it hard to believe his bad play lately is all on Therrien, Therrien has veterans buying in to his systems and this team shows great character almost every minute of every game.... the veterans like Weaver, Markov, Patch, and Vanek played well, and they brought us back vs Ottawa, after that gross start. Early Budaj wasn't very good either, but he was the difference later, PK wasn't really a factor on the good side of that game. He hasn't been very good lately, at battling though and staying on his skates, it's frustrating to watch some of his antics, the refs won't even call a penalty he legitimately does draw anymore. Too much time laying on the ice, looking up at the ref I guess, and not enough time battling hard to beat the opponent.....

Subban was absolutely atrocious to start the game, and wasn't a big part of the 7 straight goals we scored either, after he did get to play, he was no star last night, can't play playoff games like that, your supposed best player can't be a cartoon character.... but hey, our coach is :nuts: but he isn't the worst coach in the league either.... See Edmonton Oilers..... or Toronto Maple Laffs

Cant be easy to make up for misstakes when you get benched for a period and then gets thrown out on the ice after sitting still for a long while.

Almost like you need another warmup.

Subban should have been benched, he missed his man twice. I have no problem with it.

Joel L, Ottawa dominated them in every category but giving up 7, which is obviously the most important. They play like that vs Tampa, they'll be out in 4. I said the offense was great, they had way too many turnovers, soft plays, giving up great scoring chances, that game could have been 10-7.

I also liked they stood up for each other, haven't seen that in years

Subban should have been benched, he missed his man twice. I have no problem with it.

Joel L, Ottawa dominated them in every category but giving up 7, which is obviously the most important. They play like that vs Tampa, they'll be out in 4. I said the offense was great, they had way too many turnovers, soft plays, giving up great scoring chances, that game could have been 10-7.

I also liked they stood up for each other, haven't seen that in years

But they weren't playing Tampa. And Tampa had a major let down game, giving up four goals to Calgary after their big win. I'm sure the players have access to the same stats as us, and realize they can get away with a run and gun game, since Ottawa gives up more goals than EDM and FLA.

At himself? He looked terrible and wasn't ready to play. Hopefully a period on the bench will wake him up for the second period.

The entire team wasn't ready, not just PK. But he being the designated whipping boy sits. 37seconds really?

I'm not sure what PK's problem is lately. I hope to hell it's not a conflict with the coaching staff. It's one thing to dislike the coach - quite another to start playing badly because you're so alienated. If the latter is what's going on, then he will not be a Montreal Canadien for the long-term, because Bergie is too old-school to fire a successful coach just to accommodate a player.

But presumably it's not really that. We should remember that PK is still just a kid, despite his incredible achievements, and is probably just going through a comparatively low-confidence period. Of course, being continually ragged on by coaches who tell him that all his instincts are always wrong in every way - and having that message reinforced by innumerable "experts" - likely doesn't help. What does PK know, after all? He is merely a superstar talent.

As for Ottawa getting blown out on the way to missing the playoffs: it couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of pr*cks. Enjoy golfing, losers.

I also liked they stood up for each other, haven't seen that in years.

I see where you're going, but the statement "Take the 2 pts and run" doesn't make any more sense if your argument is "They play like that vs Tampa, they'll be out in 4."

Only Markov's goal was a fluke yesterday. The other goals were all well deserved.

Weaver : Vanek screening the goalie.

Pac (1) : Awesome saucer by Vanek.

Eller : Great forecheck, burried the rebound, could even have been scored by Brière who was standing right beside.

Pac (2) : We were up by 1, Ottawas played more agressively. D-man tried to keep the play alive after Brière's penalty ended and Daniel made him lose the puck for Max's breakaway.

Pac (3) : Awesome passing play by Desharnais' line.

Desharnais : see the last goal + what a forecheck by Vanek

What I saw yesterday was 6 minutes of a team that doesn't care and 54 minutes of a team that do care.

If they play like a team that doesn't care vs the Lightning, then yes, we'll be out in 4.

If they play like a team that scores 7 goals in a row (and I believe that this is the team that's gonna show up in the Playoffs), I don't see how/why we will not have a great show in that series.

Edit : I just realised how much Vanek HAS to sign for us this summer. GO BERGEVIN GO !!!