Round Two: Bruins or Wings (Bruins)

Neech

But Moen did a damned good job. So he deserves to stay in. Who would you remove in order to insert Bournival? Prust?

Prust also had an excellent game. So I think Bournival will have to wait or they may platoon with bournival coming in to give someone a rest cause this is going to be one tough series.

Honestly, not to take away from the invisible things that Prust and Moen did right last night, if I were to pick out the unlikely stars for Montreal this playoff run, they aren't among them. (of course, Moen's only played one game so far, and I'm fairly sure Prust wasn't 100% yet from his injury last round.)

Lars Eller - serious offensive threat. Nice comeback from a lousy season.

Brendan Gallagher - This shouldn't surprise anyone, but almost everywhere you look on the ice, he's there. He gets knocked down, and gets right back up with the puck. This kid is incredible. Numbers alone don't say what he does for you. After saving that goal last night, I've just given up. He's my new favorite hab.

Dale Weise - When it isn't Gallagher seeming to be everywhere, it's Dale Weise. This kid is only 25, too. I don't think he's the fringe 4th liner we took him for.

René Bourque - Simply wow. Who'd have picked Bourque for our top goal scorer so far?

Honestly, not to take away from the invisible things that Prust and Moen did right last night, if I were to pick out the unlikely stars for Montreal this playoff run, they aren't among them. (of course, Moen's only played one game so far, and I'm fairly sure Prust wasn't 100% yet from his injury last round.)

Lars Eller - serious offensive threat. Nice comeback from a lousy season.

Brendan Gallagher - This shouldn't surprise anyone, but almost everywhere you look on the ice, he's there. He gets knocked down, and gets right back up with the puck. This kid is incredible. Numbers alone don't say what he does for you. After saving that goal last night, I've just given up. He's my new favorite hab.

Dale Weise - When it isn't Gallagher seeming to be everywhere, it's Dale Weise. This kid is only 25, too. I don't think he's the fringe 4th liner we took him for.

René Bourque - Simply wow. Who'd have picked Bourque for our top goal scorer so far?

Gotta agree and how can anybody not. I like to refer to ghallagher as our Sir Galahad cause he is all HEART. I am estatic that Bourque and Eller have arisn from the dead. truly amazing. Now lets have Mellanby have a chat with Vanek.

Guest Stogey24

Gotta agree and how can anybody not. I like to refer to ghallagher as our Sir Galahad cause he is all HEART. I am estatic that Bourque and Eller have arisn from the dead. truly amazing. Now lets have Mellanby have a chat with Vanek.

http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=sports.nationalpost.com/2014/05/02/montreal-canadiens-coach-michel-therrien-looking-for-more-out-of-thomas-vanek-top-line-against-boston-bruins

Subban is a superior talent to Chelios IMHO. This guy is a superstar - talent on a scale we haven't seen since Lafleur.

I agree however I doubt he will last as long in the league as chelios did.

To me, looking at the ice time (9:21) and the mistakes he made/deflections, Francis Bouillon is going to sit for Tinordi. Bouillon gave the team five great games, but I think they'll see if someone else can do a better job. Tinordi adds some physicality, and he might be able to get the Bruins away from the front of the net.

The problem with the habs isn't one player. the problem is they can't sustain MT system for 60 minutes. They wear down, make mistakes and sit back when they get the lead. The Bruins play the exact same way for 60 minutes every game and wear out other teams.

As bad as the played the had a chance to be up 2 games and flat out choked. They have given up 4 3rf period leads in 6 playoff games. They are 3-1 in those games. That won't last forever. Especially against the Bruins. Price can't do everything himself.

Most teams knocked out in 1st round were easily worst PP teams.

If Vanek, PK etc can keep scoring on PP vs Rask, I like Hab chances for another win or 2.

Great comments guys. ...'cept the Cube... I get all teary... Love that sparkplug back end, pint-sized Sir Gallahad...

We have yet to see what we can do in Montreal with the happy gang singing their tunes.

Boston is a terrific team; just terrific.

And I think we came within a lucky deflection of being up by 2 against them.

They might steamroll us.

But we have a lot of cards to play....Vanek for 2 yesterday.... and...for God's sake...

We're the Freekin HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!! not them! :habslogo::1gohabs:

• Upvote 1

The problem with the habs isn't one player. the problem is they can't sustain MT system for 60 minutes. They wear down, make mistakes and sit back when they get the lead. The Bruins play the exact same way for 60 minutes every game and wear out other teams.

As bad as the played the had a chance to be up 2 games and flat out choked. They have given up 4 3rf period leads in 6 playoff games. They are 3-1 in those games. That won't last forever. Especially against the Bruins. Price can't do everything himself.

Hi Chris. I don't think they choked at all, and when the most powerful third period crushers are coming at you full bore frenzied by flaming oursewholes and the year slipping away in a freakish nightmare, the defenders had better be defending, not looking for a scoring chance.

I think that it does happen that way quite often, but in these circumstances, keeping them from scoring is about all you can ask.

And who do you have doing that? You're not going to put Patches out there with Vanek to do that, so you're going to have a short bench of heroes who will get exhausted as the minutes crawl by.

I really think we came within an unavoidable chest deflection of standing a good chance in that game.

I suspected Subban would be a playoff stand out and make an opponent or two look very weak and so far with 9 points in 6 games, NO.76 is doing darn well and is not done padding his stats yet.

The time for Game 5 has been revealed, Saturday at 7 PM. Yes, that means for the first time this postseason, the Habs will play on a Saturday night.

That is good!!!!

Forgive me if I am not on topic, but I will be in Montreal for business Thursday. If anyone is familiar about buying tickets before the game, from a scalper, do you think I have any chance? When should I give it a try to get the best deal? Thanks in advance.

Forgive me if I am not on topic, but I will be in Montreal for business Thursday. If anyone is familiar about buying tickets before the game, from a scalper, do you think I have any chance? When should I give it a try to get the best deal? Thanks in advance.

I usually get them on ebay or kijiji no problem. Usually if it's game day or the day before and the tickets are hard copy they will meet you in person. Expect to pay a premium though

The time for Game 5 has been revealed, Saturday at 7 PM. Yes, that means for the first time this postseason, the Habs will play on a Saturday night.

YES! That is AWESOME news!

If you wanna buy them from a scalper, I would show up at the Bell Centre are early as possible (ie: 4PM)

I also heard that tickets for the first game against Boston were going for anywhere between 200$ and 1200$....quite a mark-up!