Game 6, Bruins vs Canadiens, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Hey, I like the move, not trying to be Debbie Downer. I just think getting all excited because a marginal defenceman has been inserted in the lineup seems a little pathetic! But absolutely, I've been saying for a while that we should double down on OUR game and not try to play Boston's, so this shows a sensible change in approach from Therrien.

We have a good chance to win this game, because this has basically been a "homer" series so far. The last change really helps us. GO HABS GO!!!

Not liking 'pathetic'.

Tis overkill, a young 1st round d-man, who is one of fastest skaters Habs have and with tantalizing puck skills isnt pathetic, seems more dlbalrs' tempered optimisism maybe is better way to look at it.

I like Beaulieu on PP much better than Gorges/Emelin.

And is do or die game, so sometimes just got to make a change and pray for the best.

Not liking 'pathetic'.

Tis overkill, a young 1st round d-man, who is one of fastest skaters Habs have and with tantalizing puck skills isnt pathetic, seems more dlbalrs' tempered optimisism maybe is better way to look at it.

I like Beaulieu on PP much better than Gorges/Emelin.

And is do or die game, so sometimes just got to make a change and pray for the best.

I concede that he will be a plus on the PP. Gorges and Emelin can't deliver on the 2nd pairing. Both of them are truly "pathetic" on an offensive mission.

I'm excited about Beaulieu because we aren't going to be pinned in the zone for 12 minutes, and we have a second PP with Subban. Murray was a zero in this series, and the Bruins third line ate him up. I'm not expecting miracles, but in a series like this one, a few extra chances go a long way.

Not ruling out Beaulieu's being a terrific addition. But if he is so great, why hasn't he cracked the lineup prior to this, our most desperate moment? That's why I say all this excitement is a "little pathetic." Still, it's an interesting opportunity to see what Beaulieu is made of, and again, I do like the move. I'm just not expecting much to come from it.

I'm excited about Beaulieu because we aren't going to be pinned in the zone for 12 minutes, and we have a second PP with Subban. Murray was a zero in this series, and the Bruins third line ate him up. I'm not expecting miracles, but in a series like this one, a few extra chances go a long way.

I don't believe that Beaulieu will make a difference. I might be wrong (and I hope I will), but the young man, as promising as he looks, did not have much impact when he was employed earlier this year. I don't see why it would be different this time around, especially with the stakes this high.

Anyhow, what would really make the difference would be an awakening of our first line. I hope that DD will prove me wrong: so far he has shown me that he simply cannot play at a high level in the series. I agree that his linemates don't look good either, but if the centreman can't control the puck and make plays, his wingers are lost on the ice, which is the case right now.

Wake up DD!

Not ruling out Beaulieu's being a terrific addition. But if he is so great, why hasn't he cracked the lineup prior to this, our most desperate moment? That's why I say all this excitement is a "little pathetic." Still, it's an interesting opportunity to see what Beaulieu is made of, and again, I do like the move. I'm just not expecting much to come from it.

He didn't make the team because of his play, but he was injured the first day of camp, then they yo-yo'd him from Hamilton to MTL, then they decided to teach him a lesson when they penny-pinched him back to the Hammer during the Olympic Break. A comedy of errors. Putting a nice stamp on the end of this year would be a great bookend for a trying year.

To be be fair, he only got 2 points in 17 games, so you aren't wrong.

Well, I hope I'm wrong. He's a talented kid, so anything is possible. But again, if our situation were reversed and the Bruins were slotting in some kid who did zilch all year, we'd be chortling at all the starry-eyed Boston fans fantasizing about him as some sort of difference-maker.

I'm with JC, it's gonna come down to whether superstars PK and Price can actually get some support from the other established players: Gio, DD, Vanek, Patches, Pleks, even Markov, these are the guys that need to do something. I seldom get swept up in "rookie fever" (it afflicts this board every off-season and every training camp) and I haven't caught it now, either. Expecting Beaulieu to do much is simply unrealistic, and anything he does bring is gravy.

He didn't make the team because of his play, but he was injured the first day of camp, then they yo-yo'd him from Hamilton to MTL, then they decided to teach him a lesson when they penny-pinched him back to the Hammer during the Olympic Break. A comedy of errors. Putting a nice stamp on the end of this year would be a great bookend for a trying year.

To be be fair, he only got 2 points in 17 games, so you aren't wrong.

Money was not the reason why he was sent to Hamilton during the Olympics. Management wanted him to remain focused on his game. Instead of doing that, he apparently decided to party and take it easy. I hope he got the lesson straight this time.

Money was not the reason why he was sent to Hamilton during the Olympics. Management wanted him to remain focused on his game. Instead of doing that, he apparently decided to party and take it easy. I hope he got the lesson straight this time.

It was part of it. They were yo-yo'ing d-men back and forth all year long for money reasons (and boy were those savings needed...).

It sounds like Moen's not in the warmup, one of Prust/White to take his place, likely the former. That's not a smart move unless Moen's not 100%.

I hope it's White. If he remains disciplined and committed to play hockey, he might help.

It was part of it. They were yo-yo'ing d-men back and forth all year long for money reasons (and boy were those savings needed...).

If partying was the reason, then I hope one of the veterans boards him next season, like Gorges did for Gallagher as a rookie. It sounds like he needs some direction to get that under control because he should be a regular next season, or at least platoon with Tinordi.

Glad to see Beaulieu and Whitey in! Ryan White is great vs Bruins every time! No excuses, just win to force game 7.... that's all there is....

:gohabsgo::habslogo::gohabsgo:

My guts are churning....please, for God's sake...let them find a way.

Hahahahaha! .. I'm confident.. Probably all the upbeat posts and lineup changes that I think will change the tone and provide at least the hope of a rationale for a better outcome.

We had les Brunes 1 goal away from being down 3-1, merci le bon Dieu and a certain Carey Price.

Do yourself a favour. Tune into rds and enjoy. I will never watch cbc again.

Ya... I've done that myself. At least we've got an uninspiring cuty warbling the US anthem.. (no offence intended to mes freres Americain)

She even had to throw in the little warble "personalizer'....ughhhhh

Ah... Ginette! The real deal!

I watched the Carbon-Based Crap corporation in this series until we lost Game 5. Time to change the luck and go back to RDS!

I suppose any spirit that has to be channeled through Toronto is going to come out dull and lifeless. :wall:

We're not facing elimination.. the Bruins are facing US!