Round 3: Rangers vs Habs

dlbalr

I sit Gally for the first game and see how it plays out. i make my decision for the second game. Gally has to go in, because you will need him before your done. Who needs to come out may be determined by injury or match ups or play. In the Pittsburg series, I think Kreider brought a lot to the mix. He will be tough to play against.

He hasn't been cleared to play yet (one contact practice doesn't make him green-lighted by the doctors).

I will not be listening to cbc. My cbc days are over.

When Cherry showed the Chara/Pacioretty hit from 2011 and said "Thats a beauty" on Wednesday... thats it, I was done forever. them.

• Upvote 1

Amen. Its actually pretty funny how biased they are.

It's funny as hell when we are winning.... I get plain angry when we are not....

And yeah,

When Cherry showed the Chara/Pacioretty hit from 2011 and said "Thats a beauty" on Wednesday... thats it, I was done forever. ###### them.

What a freakin' idiot Don Cherry is....

He hasn't been cleared to play yet (one contact practice doesn't make him green-lighted by the doctors).

Let me rephase. When he becomes available to play, there will be more imformation out there that is not available now, to hone in on who should come out. i think everyone here agrees that he needs to get back in.

Gally has been cleared to play according to HF Boards, therefore I revert back to original post.

HF is noting that he is cleared for contact which is what everyone else is saying too including the Habs. That does not mean cleared to play (yet). He has to get through a few contact practices before getting the green light to play.

Yeah, I'm definitely eating some crow after game 7. I'm the wake of game five, I thought they were all done, and after being bullish on the Habs for the whole postseason, I lost the faith.

Oh well, I appreciate not having my nose rubbed in it. And with my comments about Bergevin, only to see him get Vanek, Weise and Weaver, there's plenty of fodder for the man who can use a search engine.

Hahahaha... A Habs fan always has his heart where it belongs. This is an affair of the heart, not of calculation and our hearts often run far ahead of our achievements which is an integral part of the l'esprit in Montreal and why such great moves do in fact come to life on the glistening expanse before us.

HF is noting that he is cleared for contact which is what everyone else is saying too including the Habs. That does not mean cleared to play (yet). He has to get through a few contact practices before getting the green light to play.

Noted--- i agree- i am pretty sure what i read this morning, it may have been edited/ wouldn't be the first time.

A very random note but the Habs apparently have made a change to their Black Aces squad. Mike Condon is now with the team while Devan Dubnyk is no longer listed among the scratches.

I guess is a good deal and Condon may be closer to NHL playoffs then could of ever guessed, if Price is gone.

I guess is a good deal and Condon may be closer to NHL playoffs then could of ever guessed, if Price is gone.

If Price is out, I wonder if they'll try to get Dubnyk back? (This all depends on whether or not him leaving was a mutual decision or not...) It's all moot as neither he nor Condon would actually play but I found it interesting. At the very least, Condon gets to keep skating with some of the Bulldogs which will be good for next year.

How about a round of applause for Mike Weaver who is a +8 thus far in the playoffs? No one is even close to that number on the team. What a pickup at the deadline for Bergevin. While we are at it how about some boos for Plekanec and his -7, and again no one is close. For someone that is considered a high level defensive player, he isn't living up to expectations.

Guest Stogey24

How about a round of applause for Mike Weaver who is a +8 thus far in the playoffs? No one is even close to that number on the team. What a pickup at the deadline for Bergevin. While we are at it how about some boos for Plekanec and his -7, and again no one is close. For someone that is considered a high level defensive player, he isn't living up to expectations.

Plek slipping man. I've noticed some major gaffes in his game lately.

I'm wondering whether the Boston series just left too many of our guys too beat up. It's worth remembering the unbelievable level of physicality in that series - and that we were up against one of the most physically intimidating teams in the game. Could be that it's actually the Boston Bruins beating us more than the New York Rangers.

Pleks, meanwhile, may be showing the effects of the Olympic year in addition to that. I'm surprised no one is pointing that out in his defence.

I'm wondering whether the Boston series just left too many of our guys too beat up. It's worth remembering the unbelievable level of physicality in that series - and that we were up against one of the most physically intimidating teams in the game. Could be that it's actually the Boston Bruins beating us more than the New York Rangers.

Pleks, meanwhile, may be showing the effects of the Olympic year in addition to that. I'm surprised no one is pointing that out in his defence.

how many players in this final four played in the olympics? my guess is a minimum of 25/30? i don't think that is a reason as much as an excuse.

The first prediction is in!

Tim Wharnsby-Rangers in 7

Canadians/Canadiens on the board-how sour is the rest of the country now that the Habs are doing well? There must be some impressive confusion as to why MTL is the only Canadian franchise to have sustained, respectable success.

:halm: in G minor.

how many players in this final four played in the olympics? my guess is a minimum of 25/30? i don't think that is a reason as much as an excuse.

Maybe you're right. I'm just a bit leery of the "trade Pleks" argument based mainly on a weak Semi-Final series. But that may be too conservative of me.

As long as we get a true top 6 winger (preferably first liner) I'd have no hesitation moving Pleks. We need to make room for Galchenyuk.

Maybe you're right. I'm just a bit leery of the "trade Pleks" argument based mainly on a weak Semi-Final series. But that may be too conservative of me.

This series has drawn some impressive TV ratings on CBC. Sunday's game eclipsed the 4 million mark while Game 3 was over 3.5 million. When you factor in those watching on RDS, that's a lot of Canadians watching.

This series has drawn some impressive TV ratings on CBC. Sunday's game eclipsed the 4 million mark while Game 3 was over 3.5 million. When you factor in those watching on RDS, that's a lot of Canadians watching.

Yeah, and it's not just because they're the last Canadian team standing. These Habs won a LOT of fans by dispatching the universally-hated Bruins. Certainly everyone in Vancouver has rallied to the cause mainly because they loved the spectacle of a fast, plucky team with some charismatic young stars putting away those stinking bags of pus. Nothing like loathing to bring a nation together :canada:

Yeah, and it's not just because they're the last Canadian team standing. These Habs won a LOT of fans by dispatching the universally-hated Bruins. Certainly everyone in Vancouver has rallied to the cause mainly because they loved the spectacle of a fast, plucky team with some charismatic young stars putting away those stinking bags of pus. Nothing like loathing to bring a nation together :canada:

Calgary is pretty much anti-montreal. there were a lot of guys here cheering for the bruins and while there is a large habs fan base here, the non-habs fans really are still pretty anti-hab.

Despite the fact that Darryl Sutter the GM is mainly responsible for the crappy flames of today, Sutter the coach is getting a lot of fans rooting for LA.