Subban files for arbitration

hab29RETIRED

nothing but every other tram in the nhl would give him 8 in a heartbeat. I don't like long term deals either but this guy is the exception. have some faith don.

wouldn't it be nice if subbans career resembles that of a chelios or lidstrom? he's off to a great start for sure..lets hope he has the durability to give us(or whomever) a 20 year hall of fame career!

I think he's better than Chelios, actually. He has a greater capacity to change a game.

wouldn't it be nice if subbans career resembles that of a chelios or lidstrom? he's

Yeah, let's hope he's unlike Chelios in one respect: Let's hope we don't trade him away for a washed up future hall-of-famer because of some stupid non-reason like public urination.

Have no fear, I think he will be signed, this time, for either another 82 or 500+ games and either way I think will be a career Hab (based on nothing but wild guess).

But being an average sized to smallish d-man, his career may be nice/long and should extend till near 40 (barring freak/numerous injuries)?

Hope Plekanec, Markov, Gorges make it to retire as a Hab. So darn uncommon these days, or seems that way to me.

8 years is just...

said it already, not a fan of a contract spanning 656 regular season games in a very fast, physical, hard hitting game

Whomever? piss on that, he leaves the Habs I hope he folds the first year.

did u cheer for larry robinson when he went to LA after his hall of fame career in mtl or did u piss on him too? obviously I wish pk stays for atleast 10 years but that's becoming more n more rare in todays "business first" nhl. should he be traded or sign elsewhere after a stellar career in mtl, I guarantee he'll get a heroes welcome much like robinson and koivu did.

did u cheer for larry robinson when he went to LA after his hall of fame career in mtl or did u piss on him too? obviously I wish pk stays for atleast 10 years but that's becoming more n more rare in todays "business first" nhl. should he be traded or sign elsewhere after a stellar career in mtl, I guarantee he'll get a heroes welcome much like robinson and koivu did.

Robinson leaving was another reason I couldn't stand Savard during the last few years of his reign. Robinson, Ludwig, Green, Chelios, Desjardins. First he dumped 3 veterens with no one around to mentor the kids an than he dumped the our young future stars.

From what i understand one of the reasons Robinson was pushed out was he wanted the captaincy. Had we made Robinson captain, there would have been no issue with Carbo/Chelios.

I favour the longterm deal and believe 8 years @ $72M is the price. Get it done.

I was hoping we could get him for 8 years @ 64 million$, but looks like we waited too long with PK. I'm afraid the 72 million$ number is what it,ll take to get this one done.

I have no problem giving a guy like P.K. an 8 year deal..He's a horse and will lead this team for the next decade!

No i did not. I am a Habs fan. You leave the Habs you are gonezo. I do not cheer for other teams players no matter who they are and that included Guy Lafleur. Sorry it is just the way I am, I remember fondly their days in Montreal and could care less what happens after that.

You cold-hearted basturd!

I still pull for Higgins, Gorges and some of them, but most I want to see Emelin to put em through the endboards.

No not Molson, would Subban accept that #, is bigger question for me?

I'm still convinced this isn't about money for Subban but term. I think he's willing to take less than what people are perceiving him to take but Bergevin doesn't want to give him a seven or eight year deal. Subban probably wants it with a NTC or NMC, just because he wants to stay in Montreal and doesn't want a GM to just panic and move him after an incident.

oh well, to each his own I guess. subban is the best player we've had in decades. I say we lock him up for atleast 7 years.

i see no reason not to lock him up for 8. This continuing dance is getting stale. He will be the back bone of this club for years to come.

mb is kicking himself for that bridge deal. should've given him 6.5 for 6 years back then! he's probably pissed off about it because subban has all the bargaining power. and after ellers contract there's still about 12 mil left under the cap. wow, this is gonna be huge

Subban discussing the negotiations briefly and re-iterating that he wants to be a Hab for the rest of his career. I still think that's the sticking point in this. Subban wants a lifetime contract, Bergevin wants something with less years.

http://www.btmontreal.ca/videos/3696770649001/

mb is kicking himself for that bridge deal. should've given him 6.5 for 6 years back then! he's probably pissed off about it because subban has all the bargaining power. and after

A star player such as Subban always has the upper hand in negotiations especially when they are ufa's. I doubt that MB is kicking himself as it was the right thing to do at the time. Hindsight always is perfect. Looking in the rear view mirror all the time is not productive.

• Upvote 1

I wanted to do an article similar to what I did for Eller to try to get a range of what a contract for Subban could realistically be. However, given the lack of comparables money-wise, my original plan didn't go well. So instead, here's something about what Montreal will do for comparables to put together their arbitration number and what Subban's challenge may be as he seeks a precedent-setting contract: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3463

good article Brian. 8 million 8 years sounds good Actually I don't care hom whatever you have to get his name on an 8 year deal and lets play hockey.