Oct. 11, Habs vs Flyers, 7 PM

dlbalr

I don't share the general pessimism on the board tonight. This is now a young team that is finding a way to win with a brutal road schedule to start the season. Give me a choice between the team that dominates the first period and a team that dominates the third, I will take the 3rd period team every time. For me, the season is young and all signs are encouraging slow starts are to be expected with 3 games in 4 nights.

Even if the Habs don't manage an o/t or s/o win I will be happy because no matter how crappy they play in stretches this team expects to dig deep and find a win and so far they have been able to do it.

As I said, I expected a great 3rd period from the Habs--Flyers announcers chose Emery as player of the game for a reason. Great work killing the penalty in the OT and PAP in the shootout. :hyper:

Next in the prediction queque: MT lights a fire under the team's ass before the first period of the next game....I love the shootout victories but my heart..and his, I am sure, can only take so much.

• Upvote 1

Seen enough. Cant justify to the wife keeping this game on. Its just plain bad. Maybe on a week night but not on saturday night. Movie time. Cant blame her. bahhh

One injury and Weaver becomes a top four defense man?????

play the young guys for crying out loud.......................we could be down 3-0 with bulldogs playing.....but at least they would be learning................really? Weaver...top 4????????

i'll tune back in thursday....Bruins might motivate the team to actually show up.

over and out

I dont believe it. Came back from the video store and they are in a shoot out!! I BLEW IT !

Weaver's not top 4 among defensive TOI tonight.

He was when i wrote that....or close. reg shift and pk.

Yikes!! Third period and OT well worth waiting for.

Glad you were rewarded for your patience.

For anyone interested, Hamilton made a third period comeback as well to win their season opener 6-4. Tied it with under three to go and got the winner 17 seconds later.

What an exciting game, except for the 2nd period.

It's hard to know what to make of this early season. Yes, we are 3-0 on the road, which is in itself very impressive. Yes, we are finding ways to win. And yes, when we really get the machine cranking we seem to be capable of just dominating teams for extended stretches. These are all characteristics of a high-end team.

On the other hand, continually falling behind and having to generate spectacular comebacks speaks poorly to the team's preparation.

Are they so good that they know they don't have to play 60 minutes to win? That they can just crank it up for half of that and, like as not, win the game? Or are they overconfident and under-prepared, and likely to get bitten on the ass sooner or later?

I dunno...but it looks like it'll be fun to find out :nuts:

Happy to steal another on the road. If only the boys could figure out that they are built to attack, not defend, and do so in all 3 periods. Coming away from this game, still ultra high on Plex, and absolutely hating Lars Eller; makes the boneheaded decision far FAR too often.

Happy to steal another on the road. If only the boys could figure out that they are built to attack, not defend, and do so in all 3 periods. Coming away from this game, still ultra high on Plex, and absolutely hating Lars Eller; makes the boneheaded decision far FAR too often.

Damn, I missed one hell of a game. I guess it was worth it to start the Panther's angst early this season...five nothing early in the second on opening night. The more things change, the more they stay the same!