Habs Flames Nov 2

Habs30/31

Well, if Therrien was hesitant to make any lineup changes given that the team was still picking up points out West, that crutch isn't there anymore. I'd be quite surprised if we don't see a couple of tweaks before Tuesday against Chicago.

For those hoping that the Habs get bag skated tomorrow, don't get your hopes up. With them playing both Tuesday/Wednesday and the fact that off days are now pre-scheduled, I think there's a decent chance it's an off day tomorrow.

Here we are.. all enjoying the happy glow of being Habs fans...

Don't worry guys,..we have a solid team out there and it will reveal itself.. not like a CBC radio host... but you know... reveal itself... :popcorn:

Well, if Therrien was hesitant to make any lineup changes given that the team was still picking up points out West, that crutch isn't there anymore. I'd be quite surprised if we don't see a couple of tweaks before Tuesday against Chicago.

For those hoping that the Habs get bag skated tomorrow, don't get your hopes up. With them playing both Tuesday/Wednesday and the fact that off days are now pre-scheduled, I think there's a decent chance it's an off day tomorrow.

They probably need it.

Bourque...formerly Borky... and Eller both played pretty solid in the playoffs, so they get a pass on the team. Not a season's pass, but a pass early on. It's still early on. There are unwritten understandings between people and it isn't a matter of day to day I suspect.

Bourque...formerly Borky... and Eller both played pretty solid in the playoffs, so they get a pass on the team. Not a season's pass, but a pass early on. It's still early on. There are unwritten understandings between people and it isn't a matter of day to day I suspect.

I didn't have either of them in mind. I think Moen will come out for one of Sekac/Bournival and Tinordi back in for Beaulieu (who at least logged some decent minutes but I don't think helped his cause tonight). That's a couple of changes right there without Bourque/Eller coming into play.

I didn't have either of them in mind. I think Moen will come out for one of Sekac/Bournival and Tinordi back in for Beaulieu (who at least logged some decent minutes but I don't think helped his cause tonight). That's a couple of changes right there without Bourque/Eller coming into play.

agree. and moen should come out.

Julien put Hamilton with Chara.

therrien put new guys in. gives them bottom pair time or 4th line duty and takes them out just as fast as he puts them in.

honestly? have not seen a young player on the habs improve significantly under therrien. Gally, Chucky, PK, Bournival, Eller, Tinordi ..... those players are all a tad better than they were two years ago.......i guess. but significantly better? absolutely not.

therrien put new guys in. gives them bottom pair time or 4th line duty and takes them out just as fast as he puts them in.

honestly? have not seen a young player on the habs improve significantly under therrien. Gally, Chucky, PK, Bournival, Eller, Tinordi ..... those players are all a tad better than they were two years ago.......i guess. but significantly better? absolutely not.

I would say that PK and Chucky have both significantly improved under MT but I cant say for sure weather or not MT had a hand in that significant improvement.

On another not, I must admit that I havent had the chance to watch all the games but from what I did see Secak looked good when I saw him play, not sure why he ever came out.

Another stinker, and gotta say I quite enjoyed reading the posts here this am, was exhausted last night and was asleep at 1-0.

I haven't seen this team so life less in a few of their games this year, and looking at the shots and score, at 19-4 in the first, I'd say they were in the very least, not prepared AGAIN...

Someone tell me why Moen and Bourque are in every night and Sekac and Bournival never play?

I would say that PK and Chucky have both significantly improved under MT but I cant say for sure weather or not MT had a hand in that significant improvement.

On another not, I must admit that I havent had the chance to watch all the games but from what I did see Secak looked good when I saw him play, not sure why he ever came out.

Before MT was hired, Pk came into the nhl in the play offs of 010, played great picking up 8 pts in 9 games.

Next season PK scored 14 goals as a rookie equaling the rookie record set by Guy Lapoint in the 60's. Therrien entered the picture the next season and before he had time to even get to know pk , the kid was on fire leading the way to norris trophy. I do not see subban as being a whole lot better than he was two years ago.

Chucky? Other than the improvements you would expect going from 18 to 20 years old....... kid is still all about "what he is going to be" no significant improvement.

Twelve team were courting sekac. MB commemnded for attracting him to Montreal. Kid surprises everybody and makes the team. Scores a huge goal against the bruins playing with the two goats of these season. Therrien scratches him after that and plays Moen every night. Why? Nobody has a good answer to that.

Well...

The first game after a road trip always sucks...

And it was Sunday and Daylight Savings Time...

Against a non-conference team...

Hello? Is anybody home?

have not seen a team suck that bad in........ uh......... cant remember.

Guest Stogey24

Before MT was hired, Pk came into the nhl in the play offs of 010, played great picking up 8 pts in 9 games.

Next season PK scored 14 goals as a rookie equaling the rookie record set by Guy Lapoint in the 60's. Therrien entered the picture the next season and before he had time to even get to know pk , the kid was on fire leading the way to norris trophy. I do not see subban as being a whole lot better than he was two years ago.

Chucky? Other than the improvements you would expect going from 18 to 20 years old....... kid is still all about "what he is going to be" no significant improvement.

Twelve team were courting sekac. MB commemnded for attracting him to Montreal. Kid surprises everybody and makes the team. Scores a huge goal against the bruins playing with the two goats of these season. Therrien scratches him after that and plays Moen every night. Why? Nobody has a good answer to that.

I feel like there is something behind why Sekac hasn't been in the lineup. Just seems weird that he's been in the pressbox for this long.

Moen is a great P.K, I'll never doubt that, but that's where it ends. He's suppose to be in the line up to bring grit and energy, where was that last night? Prust too, they did nothing to spark this team. Put Sekac in, atleast he has speed and offensive ability.

I'm surprised Montreal hasn't started any fights or shown any aggression. Why are prust and moen in the line up?

yes i there is a lack of intensity. noticed last game gally gets a shot in the jaw goes to the dark room. last night chucky gets a shot in the mouth, off to the dressing room. not a player raised an eye brow.

i'm afraid these habs may be falling for the rock star treatment after last years play off surprise. they think they are better than they are. i'm no expert but what ever they are doing, or not doing at practice and between games.........they dont lookm like a team with a plan , a system or even adjust to whom they are playing. flames just outshot them 38-19, then 36-20 ......... wth are they doing to prepare for games/teams?

therrien makes line up changes at will. they were picking up points at the time he dropped sekac. and they were picking up points when he dropped weiss....then put him back in.

The improvements I've noticed in PK haven't really been on the point production side but rather in the smaller details of his game that have made him better defensively and more well rounded. IMHO he may have learned more from playing with Markov than he has from MT. The improvements and changes I've seen from PK are more along the lines of the small and smart plays that are surprisingly effective and that Markov is know for.

leafs and jets just beat the hawks.

habs preparing for a hawks team that really wants a win?

Good point the Hawks are going to be hungry and the Habs better be hungry too. Should make for a really good game. At this point in the season the way they come out and play on Tuesday is almost more important than getting the 2 points.

therrien makes line up changes at will. they were picking up points at the time he dropped sekac. and they were picking up points when he dropped weiss....then put him back in.

I am all for using your entire lineup and would love to see Sekac and Bournival draw in on a regular basis. I do believe however that you can change the third and fourth line all day long and not really change much as far as scoring.. This team needs change in the top lines and powerplay.

I still don't understand how Bourque and Eller are still in??? Get them out for a few games and let Sekac and Bournival play...They certainly can't do worse than the other two!!

As far as the rest of the Team is concerned, I'm starting to worry. This team could easily have a losing record, and they haven't done much to convince me that they're REAL contenders. They've been lucky up til now. they better get their shit together!!!

Moan has to come out, why? He was even last night, couple shots and 3 blocks, played 4 of his 10minutes on the PK and had little to do with loss.

Bourque at least showed up to play and also was even and had 5 hits in 11minutes.

Eller was +1, good on faceoffs and PK once again.

Team gave up 6 PPs, had 10 giveaways, out shot 36-20 and Flames blocked 26 shots and people are bitchin about bottom six guys who actually played OK.

Low hanging fruit if you want to switch up low paid guys, when Subban-Gallagher-Plekanec-Galchenyuk were combined -12 and I think had bit more to do with loss than guys who played 11-12minutes.

(Subban on PK is bit scary also)

When best players aint so, tends to not play out well.