Mar. 7, Habs vs Coyotes, 7 PM

dlbalr

I liked what I saw from the new fourth liners. Mitchell was surprisingly strong on the draw (11/16) while Flynn's speed is a threat. He doesn't have a lot of talent but his hustle will always keep him as a factor.

I was hoping for four points (two wins) on this trip and they wound up with three. Not great by any stretch but the win tonight salvages it from being a disaster.

I liked what I saw from the new fourth liners. Mitchell was surprisingly strong on the draw (11/16) while Flynn's speed is a threat. He doesn't have a lot of talent but his hustle will always keep him as a factor.

I was hoping for four points (two wins) on this trip and they wound up with three. Not great by any stretch but the win tonight salvages it from being a disaster.

3 losses and a 1-0 win over the ahl Coyotes. This team is struggling.

Gallagher with a great game. Deserved a goal.

gally is gally !

Chucky "struggled at center"...er, uh I mean wing, the entire road trip

3 losses and a 1-0 win over the ahl Coyotes. This team is struggling.

gally is gally !

Chucky "struggled at center"...er, uh I mean wing, the entire road trip

Can i add to that--- Gilbert made me restless---Desharnais made some nice plays as well as some really poor ones--- Chipchura may have been best desert dog other than goalie--

JDLR looked very good out there on both sides of the puck. It's hard to believe he is just 19 years old and is counted on in critical shutdown situations already. I guess we can put that theory of MT not giving rookies a chance to bed. If he likes what he sees out there, you get to play, simple as that.

JDLR looked very good out there on both sides of the puck. It's hard to believe he is just 19 years old and is counted on in critical shutdown situations already. I guess we can put that theory of MT not giving rookies a chance to bed. If he likes what he sees out there, you get to play, simple as that.

Yea and you can throw chuckys young age out the window for reasons why he is still pleknaics winger and not playing cnter.......DLR only 19! He played a whale of a game last night.

Can i add to that--- Gilbert made me restless---Desharnais made some nice plays as well as some really poor ones--- Chipchura may have been best desert dog other than goalie--

I liked the third line last night. I know it was basically an AHL team we played against but that third line looked good.

No, one youngster getting last minute icetime in a 1-0 game wont sway the Therrien detractors one bit.

Got 3 of 8 pts on toughest road trip of year, like dlbalr I was hoping for a split with 4 pts.

All four recent roster additions looked good.

Pacioretty still shooting lots but a bit snakebit (Smith played well) with 1g on 23shots in last 5 games.

Great to see Price getting more shutouts this year, he deserves them for sure.

16 more exhibition games till real season begins.

(Gilbert still one scary dude handling the puck, live grenade-like)

No, one youngster getting last minute icetime in a 1-0 game wont sway the Therrien detractors one bit.

Got 3 of 8 pts on toughest road trip of year, like dlbalr I was hoping for a split with 4 pts.

All four recent roster additions looked good.

Pacioretty still shooting lots but a bit snakebit (Smith played well) with 1g on 23shots in last 5 games.

Great to see Price getting more shutouts this year, he deserves them for sure.

16 more exhibition games till real season begins.

(Gilbert still one scary dude handling the puck, live grenade-like)

Trying 27 at his natural position might. He just had four brutal games on wing.

What was DD...like 10 feet in front of net, wide open and passes puck off??? Do they need to take a cattle prod and zap him every time he does that again, before he will start shooting more? :blush:

Trying 27 at his natural position might. He just had four brutal games on wing.

Depending on how bad the virus was, Chucky could still be getting back to normal after being sick.

It is truly amazing how this team can play down to it's opposition. I really think we make the goalie look good. If you fire all your shots at the logo on his chest you aren't likely to score. And yes he did make some good saves but not that many. DD trying an impossible pass when he absolutely had to shoot was plain stupid. I really like the 4 new guys they seem to fit in with this team very nicely. They has a real opportunity to score on the 4 on 3 and really looked bad. Arizona had them blocked every which way from Sunday. It's a win and we will take the points, but Le Genius better get this team refocused. They have looked sloppy last few games. Time to re-group and get back to their winning ways. :habslogo:

It is truly amazing how this team can play down to it's opposition. I really think we make the goalie look good. If you fire all your shots at the logo on his chest you aren't likely to score. And yes he did make some good saves but not that many. DD trying an impossible pass when he absolutely had to shoot was plain stupid. I really like the 4 new guys they seem to fit in with this team very nicely. They has a real opportunity to score on the 4 on 3 and really looked bad. Arizona had them blocked every which way from Sunday. It's a win and we will take the points, but Le Genius better get this team refocused. They have looked sloppy last few games. Time to re-group and get back to their winning ways. :habslogo:

Well said.

Huge game Tuesday

Gallagher only has 22 PIMs this year, he must be growing on the refs and winning them over? He and Galchenyuk both have 19g 21a.

Now are seven 40 point guys on roster (doubt Weise will get 15points in last 16 games and makes it 8)

Gallagher only has 22 PIMs this year, he must be growing on the refs and winning them over? He and Galchenyuk both have 19g 21a.

Now are seven 40 point guys on roster (doubt Weise will get 15points in last 16 games and makes it 8)

and Gallagher brings more than just points to the table.

Great late pick he has turned out to be.

Guest Stogey24

I'd say Weise has been one the best players this year. Guy brings it ever night and never really makes a bad play. I still wish him and White would have got a full year together, bash brothers.

I'd say Weise has been one the best players this year. Guy brings it ever night and never really makes a bad play. I still wish him and White would have got a full year together, bash brothers.

Never liked losing White.

Weiss has been great.

Yes, love Weise's speed and him finishing his checks (like de la Rose & Pelly & Petry are doing also), even when he only has 4th line minutes Weise racks up hits and plays a solid game.

The 2 sabres guys also seem that they can skate well, win some faceoffs and check.

I thought it was a boring game, with Arizona blocking a lot of lanes and effectively playing the standard "attack the point" model that teams deploy against #79 and #76. The big flaw in their otherwise stifling defensive game was, as Gary Galley pointed out, the 'Yotes kept leaving the high slot open. Frustratingly, our guys didn't capitalize on that. But there wasn't much question who was the better team for 75% of that game. The trouble with playing these bottom-feeders is that, if you leave them hanging around - only down by a goal, or tied up - going into the third period, they realize that they only need one great period to eke out a win. So I wasn't surprised at all that the Habs were on their heels for a chunk of the third period. But hey, that's what the best goalie in all of hockey is for.

The road trip was a grind, but it's easy to be too negative. The sudden dip in play is connected to the trade deadline IMHO - maybe integrating the new guys grinded the gears slightly, or maybe some players were even disappointed we didn't get more help up front. But if you look at the trip, we stunk out the joint against San Jose and Anaheim, made a nice comeback against LA before dropping the SO, and then won in Arizona. What I see is a team that views two straight losses as a slump and is clawing its way out of that slump in fairly short order.

The deadline acquisitions are all good. DSP made a great play on the Eller goal. Flynn strikes me as better than Mitchell, who is solid but forgettable, and of course Petry will, I think, prove a key for us if we have a long playoff. And yes, I really like JDLR. Big, strong, smart - what's not to like??