April 5 Montreal vs Florida 5:00 EST

DON

Habs beat Cats 3 of 4 times so far.

Gallagher has 3g vs them.

Petry is producing now, 1g each of last 3 games.

Luongo supposedly resting, so get back-up guy.

Price will be looking for W#42, so teammates may actually crank up the give a s*#t meter, to try and get W for him (but most likely he will need to stand on his head and be #1 star again)

Hope Pateryn or Weaver are dressed, but doubt they will be.

Subban played a ridiculous 29 minutes in the loss to jersey the other night. NB 13 mins. I hope that gap closes and we see some balance on the blue line. Let the young guys play. 29 minutes of ice time is what you do in a huge play off game, not a nothing game in jersey.

The team does seem to have mentally checked out since around the trade deadline. The players appear to be resembling my own mentality as a fan, in that I really have a hard time getting interested in these meaningless, play-out-the-string regular season games. Start the playoffs already.

I think Eller's game has improved 1000% since the deadline. Must be a huge load off his shoulders..and it's nice to see him picking up his play and it seems like he's ready for another productive playoff (fingers crossed)

The team does seem to have mentally checked out since around the trade deadline. The players appear to be resembling my own mentality as a fan, in that I really have a hard time getting interested in these meaningless, play-out-the-string regular season games. Start the playoffs already.

There is no way that the Canadiens have checked out. There may be some nagging injuries that we are unaware of; but with the President's Trophy, home field advantage and Price's quest for the most wins by a Canadien goalie in a season makes your suggestion ridiculous. These games mean alot.

Dudley was interviewed yesterday and; paraphrase: only important thing is Stanley Cup and that too many teams have screwed things up by going for positioning and as he pointed to "last game we rested Markov and Price" and he went on to basically say will rest anyone who can use it now.

Dudley was interviewed yesterday and; paraphrase: only important thing is Stanley Cup and that too many teams have screwed things up by going for positioning and as he pointed to "last game we rested Markov and Price" and he went on to basically say will rest anyone who can use it now.

This is a COP out-- Price is getting his scheduled rest and Markov should have been given games off throughout the year but they waited till now. They have not quit.

A point tonight will guarantee us home ice advantage in the first round as Detroit is the only team currently in the Atlantic that can come from behind. Just a matter of what seed in the Atlantic we get between us and Tampa. I'm hoping for three straights wins to close it out so that way we get momentum heading into the playoffs and Price gets the record.

Go Habs Go. A very winnable game tonight as Florida doesn't have anything to play for anymore

This is a COP out-- Price is getting his scheduled rest and Markov should have been given games off throughout the year but they waited till now. They have not quit.

Aside from the Tampa games, there really hasn't been many games to get up for since they trade deadline. Their playoff birth has been sealed for quite some time now and were never in any danger of slipping down the standings, even playing half assed like they have been. Everything I have read all season from the players and management indicates that they are looking long term towards the playoffs and that they plan on going deep. Of course they would like to win every game they play but they aren't losing any sleep over it if they don't.

Guest Stogey24

Subban played a ridiculous 29 minutes in the loss to jersey the other night. NB 13 mins. I hope that gap closes and we see some balance on the blue line. Let the young guys play. 29 minutes of ice time is what you do in a huge play off game, not a nothing game in jersey.

Terrible management of ice time. Beaulieu made a couple mistakes and stapled him to the bench. Didn't help anyone by doing that

Terrible management of ice time. Beaulieu made a couple mistakes and stapled him to the bench. Didn't help anyone by doing that

Ahhh it wasn't that long ago that one of the best defenseman in the league today was getting stapled to the bench by Therrien. How did that turn out for him?

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Ahhh it wasn't that long ago that one of the best defenseman in the league today was getting stapled to the bench by Therrien. How did that turn out for him?

Ya, your right. I just mean that playoffs are coming and Subbanq playing 30mins is aggressive

Ok time to round into form for the playoffs. Only 3 games. We want to go into the playoffs with a winning record. Maybe we could get the P/P working. One thing everyone seems to forget about our team, we have very limited offence, so the P/P is a time when we can score. It is an opportunity. We need to take advantage of all of our opportunities. This team does not score enough to not have a P/P and win in the playoffs when defences are even better.

:gohabsgo::habslogo::gohabsgo:

Aside from the Tampa games, there really hasn't been many games to get up for since they trade deadline. Their playoff birth has been sealed for quite some time now and were never in any danger of slipping down the standings, even playing half assed like they have been. Everything I have read all season from the players and management indicates that they are looking long term towards the playoffs and that they plan on going deep. Of course they would like to win every game they play but they aren't losing any sleep over it if they don't.

I agree completely.

What worries me is the attitude that you can just flip the switch when the time comes. We'll find out.

Ya, your right. I just mean that playoffs are coming and Subbanq playing 30mins is aggressive

30 minutes is alot in a game for sure. But I think Subban is fairly decent at conserving his energy out there and that there is enough time off between the last game of the season and the first game of the playoffs for most players to rest up and be ready.

I agree completely.

What worries me is the attitude that you can just flip the switch when the time comes. We'll find out.

The reason I am not so worried about this particular group is because of the amount of times they have been behind in a game and were able to impose their will on the opposition. I can't really remember any times where they needed to score and they didn't at least apply pressure and create scoring chances. Obviously disregarding games that were already out of hand.

Was interesting to see old footage today; Scotty Bowman had Serge Savard/LaPointe in front of opponent goalie on the PP.

Hope Pacioretty is OK?

damn...looks like Patches has been concussed!

well...that's 1:57 of 5 on 3. If we can't score here, things aren't looking good!