April 19 Game #3 Montreal at Ottawa

DON

That's a good point. Did Beaulieu get sat because of his dumbasss pinch or is he shook up.?

MT said after the game that he has an upper body injury that he suffered on the Karlsson hit. Could be a concussion but if he was allowed to stay on the bench, I doubt that to be the case. MT was even asked why he was on the bench and he replied that they wanted him there. If Beaulieu is out next game, expect Pateryn to step back in and Gilbert go to the left side.

I wonder if Max is under orders to not get his bell rung for a while.

MT said after the game that he has an upper body injury that he suffered on the Karlsson hit. Could be a concussion but if he was allowed to stay on the bench, I doubt that to be the case. MT was even asked why he was on the bench and he replied that they wanted him there.

Thanks HF . Good answer from MT.. hahaha.. He was being paid for the whole evening's work. :rofl:

MT said after the game that he has an upper body injury that he suffered on the Karlsson hit. Could be a concussion but if he was allowed to stay on the bench, I doubt that to be the case. MT was even asked why he was on the bench and he replied that they wanted him there. If Beaulieu is out next game, expect Pateryn to step back in and Gilbert go to the left side.

Gonchar? No?

Man, what a brutal game. Ottawa just left EVERYTHING they had out there. Karlsson is quite a player. Made PK look second-rate.

In these sorts of situations, I always think of a quote from Brisebois about Game 2 against the Kings in 1993. Asked how he felt about getting a PP with one minute left, he said, 'up to that point I'm happy because we're in the game.' That's what I was telling myself through the second and third periods. A one goal lead is still just a one goal lead, even if you're kicking ass and taking names all over the ice.

And, Weise Weise Baby makes 'em pay. Different hero every night, I like that a lot.

The power point will sink our run sooner or later if we don't get it figured out. Other players actually trying to score, instead of thinking Subban all the time, might really help, fer Pete's sake.

I agree that Pax looked very bad by his standards. You have to wonder if his 'upper body injury' is still an issue. Beaulieu's injury is worrisome, but his play tonight was an example of why you don't pencil rookies in for huge minutes in key situations. And we actually have some quality defensive depth this season.

One thing that's not getting enough discussion is Price's performance. Stoning Stone after Patches' apocalyptic giveaway, that was HUGE; and his ice-blooded play all game quietly exuded authority. He's rounding into form.

Sweep! Sweep! Sweep! Make 'em weep like that kid CBC showed in the stands after Weise dealt the death blow, baby. :halm:

I'm listening to the TSN radio show in Montreal, and they're saying that all of the Montreal players buy into MT's system 100%.

I'm listening to the TSN radio show in Montreal, and they're saying that all of the Montreal players buy into MT's system 100%.

Other than the PP, what's not to like? I see a fundamentally well-coached team out there.

Man, what a brutal game. Ottawa just left EVERYTHING they had out there. Karlsson is quite a player. Made PK look second-rate.

In these sorts of situations, I always think of a quote from Brisebois about Game 2 against the Kings in 1993. Asked how he felt about getting a PP with one minute left, he said, 'up to that point I'm happy because we're in the game.' That's what I was telling myself through the second and third periods. A one goal lead is still just a one goal lead, even if you're kicking ass and taking names all over the ice.

And, Weise Weise Baby makes 'em pay. Different hero every night, I like that a lot.

The power point will sink our run sooner or later if we don't get it figured out. Other players actually trying to score, instead of thinking Subban all the time, might really help, fer Pete's sake.

I agree that Pax looked very bad by his standards. You have to wonder if his 'upper body injury' is still an issue. Beaulieu's injury is worrisome, but his play tonight was an example of why you don't pencil rookies in for huge minutes in key situations. And we actually have some quality defensive depth this season.

One thing that's not getting enough discussion is Price's performance. Stoning Stone after Patches' apocalyptic giveaway, that was HUGE; and his ice-blooded play all game quietly exuded authority. He's rounding into form.

Sweep! Sweep! Sweep! Make 'em weep like that kid CBC showed in the stands after Weise dealt the death blow, baby. :halm:

I was nervous about this one.. and you're so right about stoning Stone on the potential series buster Max set up. But we owe Max an awful lot, so all's forgiven. :ph34r:

I was nervous about this one.. and you're so right about stoning Stone on the potential series buster Max set up. But we owe Max an awful lot, so all's forgiven. :ph34r:

Man, just think about it...our star forward dishing the puck right to Stone, who was injured by our star defenceman, and then martyr Stone blasting it past our superstar goalie for the game winner? That has the makings of a psychological pivot for the series right there.

Fortunately, Price is Price. Not Anderson. And definitely not somebody named Hamburglar.

Other than the PP, what's not to like? I see a fundamentally well-coached team out there.

I gotta agree. I hardly dared hope we could come out in the second like we did after taking such a pounding in the first, but there seems some darned good resolve and character to call upon from these guys. Tuning up after a little slack in the latter part of the season. But what IS with that PP? Why doesnt' it work. And note that Crosby had next to no PP goals in 40 games this year. .. And the Habs have spoiled me with great pp's for years. Oh well. I'll take the 3-0. Anyone wanna bet on Ottawa in this series? Cinderella is heading for her last dance at the ball before she rejoins the ugly step-sisters in Toronto and Boston. :surrender:

Man, just think about it...our star forward dishing the puck right to Stone, who was injured by our star defenceman, and then martyr Stone blasting it past our superstar goalie for the game winner? That has the makings of a psychological pivot for the series right there.

Fortunately, Price is Price. Not Anderson. And definitely not somebody named Hamburglar.

Oh ya Cuke... It would have made it into soap opera scripts for the next decade.. huge rallying point.. "What's wrong with Patches?" "Canadians stoned!".. Coulda been hell. Merci le bon Dieu. :scared:

I gotta agree. I hardly dared hope we could come out in the second like we did after taking such a pounding in the first, but there seems some darned good resolve and character to call upon from these guys. Tuning up after a little slack in the latter part of the season. But what IS with that PP? Why doesnt' it work. And note that Crosby had next to no PP goals in 40 games this year. .. And the Habs have spoiled me with great pp's for years. Oh well. I'll take the 3-0. Anyone wanna bet on Ottawa in this series? Cinderella is heading for her last dance at the ball before she rejoins the ugly step-sisters in Toronto and Boston. :surrender:

Ha haaa! Nice.

The PP looked fine early in the series. Lots of movement. I don't know what's happened. I've turned into a defender of Therrien, but it's ultimately his job to find an answer.

This bunch reminds me a bit of the '89 team. That one didn't have a power-play worth a damn either, if memory serves.

Imagine that 1.88gaa and .939save %.

Like CBC says Price isn't as good in the playoffs.

I would prefer to see Pateryn draw in and toss some hits; but I guess Gonchar will get the call if Beaulieu is hurt (or healthy scratched).

Ha haaa! Nice.

The PP looked fine early in the series. Lots of movement. I don't know what's happened. I've turned into a defender of Therrien, but it's ultimately his job to find an answer.

This bunch reminds me a bit of the '89 team. That one didn't have a power-play worth a damn either, if memory serves.

It's just so weird to have Markov and Subban and now Petry.. and even Beaulieu and Gonchar, and not have a PP. TSN is betting its Pateryn for Weds. I don't know if I can see Gonchar playing for the experience and PP skill be brings. ... Hmmm.

One thing Pat Hickey I think it was said on the TSN postgame show Cuke was that the first PP was so desultory and embarassing that the guys got self conscious and out of focus because it was so bad. Makes sense.

Imagine that 1.88gaa and .939save %.

Like CBC says Price isn't as good in the playoffs.

I would prefer to see Pateryn draw in and toss some hits; but I guess Gonchar will get the call if Beaulieu is hurt (or healthy scratched).

I think it will be Pateryn myself. I don't think Serguei, much as I really like him, has the legs for the grind that is playoff hockey. I could be dead wrong about that too.. :bonk:

Yeah, DON, so far this season, Price's playoff stats are slightly better than his regular season stats. 3 games isn't much of a sample, though.

Historically, though, Price has not had great playoff numbers, but he's really only came into his own as a star goaltender over the last 2 seasons (Hey, that's when they the hired Stephane Waite as goaltending coach. I don't think this is a coincidence.)

Markov looks tired, battered and worn right down. Lets hope we can sweep em weds night just so we get the extra rest!!

Since Game 1. IMO, he's been like our 3rd (yesterday's game 4th) best dman so far while He's supposed to have #2 spot locked in.

Here's how my emotions went due to the game (alcohol might have been a factor)

Period 1: Oh, it's a Bruins home game.

Period 2: Oh, it's 2013 and the Habs forgot you can't score on Anderson at the point.

Period 3: Yup, it's a 2013 game and the Habs are going to lose this because they still haven't learned for ffffWEISE!

Overtime: WEISE! YOU BEAUTIFUL MAN! Haha remember when a certain blog said we should play Thomas instead of Weise? Mwahahahaha where's my broom?

Just 4 gripes; obviously the PP, Subban undisciplined play on Sen goal blowing Price's chance at shutout, Beaulieu running around like headless chicken AND galldarn Gilbert simply has zero Hockey IQ, numerous stupid lazy turnovers again and suicide pass to Beaulieu.