Montreal Canadiens vs. St. Louis Blues | January 16th, 2016 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

The gdt is so spectacular we have to win. Optimist time. Patches scores a beaut snipe after speeding down the left wing off a subban saucer pass.

We win 4-2 and everyone poops themselves.

• Upvote 1

Le genius equals idiot.

I'm beginning to think the same about our GM. never thought my Montreal Canadiens would ever trade for a gutter slug like Scott.

Not impressed right now with MT... Why are we moving galchenyuk to wing exactly. He's been good in the face off circle albeit he struggled against CHI, he has been putting up points at C when everyone else has been struggling, and exactly where has he been a liability in the defensive end? If he has I haven't seen it?

Not impressed, not at all!

Playing 2 less minutes a game then DD? mT should be riding this guy and he should be playing 1:30 on the PP and getting close to 19:00. We can't bloody score!!!, our power play is dispicable!!! The defense is not the problem, so let's make him less responsible on the defense of side of the puck but limit his movement on the ice to one wing...

Also note that Jacob de la Rose has struggled pretty much all season and has not warranted or earned a call up by any stretch of the imagination!

I'm beginning to think the same about our GM. never thought my Montreal Canadiens would ever trade for a gutter slug like Scott.

It's not like they wanted him. It's already well documented that the Habs wanted no part of Scott but had to take him for financial reasons. They didn't target him. Think of the deal as Tinordi for Bartley as that's really all it is.

Galy had good chemistry with DD last game. That explains the shift.

But I agree that we should be going all-in on Galchenyuk in terms of ice-time. Fer chrissakes, he was our best forward last game by some distance and has arguably been the best FW for the past six weeks. Stop bridling the kid!! Let him run.

Good to see the team looking healthy again.

Now what I want is for les boys to play like they did in the last 40 minutes against Chicago. Lots of chances, control the play, lots of creativity. If they can dominate the play for 60 minutes, why, they might actually score TWO goals instead of one!! Wouldn't that be something.

Not impressed right now with MT... Why are we moving galchenyuk to wing exactly. He's been good in the face off circle albeit he struggled against CHI, he has been putting up points at C when everyone else has been struggling, and exactly where has he been a liability in the defensive end? If he has I haven't seen it?

Not impressed, not at all!

Playing 2 less minutes a game then DD? mT should be riding this guy and he should be playing 1:30 on the PP and getting close to 19:00. We can't bloody score!!!, our power play is dispicable!!! The defense is not the problem, so let's make him less responsible on the defense of side of the puck but limit his movement on the ice to one wing...

Also note that Jacob de la Rose has struggled pretty much all season and has not warranted or earned a call up by any stretch of the imagination!

my point exactly. Why does he have to fork with the only guy not in a slump?

How fitting is it that the Habs are playing here tonight? pic.twitter.com/PgeVwZbUIT

— ApricotMask (@ApricotMask) January 16, 2016
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

that is funny. :clap:

The gdt is so spectacular we have to win. Optimist time. Patches scores a beaut snipe after speeding down the left wing off a subban saucer pass.

We win 4-2 and everyone poops themselves.

:thumbs_up:

When you only have a couple of legit top players, MT has to move them around. What else is he going to do. When you count on players like pleks, dd, eller in your top 6, what exactly would you like the coach to do. Pleks has exactly 1 more goal than me in the last 25 or so games.

Another day another loss, just a matter if they get shutout or score once.

When you only have a couple of legit top players, MT has to move them around. What else is he going to do. When you count on players like pleks, dd, eller in your top 6, what exactly would you like the coach to do. Pleks has exactly 1 more goal than me in the last 25 or so games.

Yup a truly sad situation.

On a more positive note. Habsfan84 that is a great GDT. With any amount of luck you will do more and I look forward to that. :thumbs_up:

The freaking-out is getting crazy. So Galy moves to wing for a game based on an exciting 3rd-period dynamic in the previous game - big whoop! Yet everyone acts like this is some sort of franchise-destroying radical act of lunacy. This is the 'coaching' version of the hysteria over trading one AHLer for another (plus John Snott, who belongs nowhere in professional hockey in my book). Minor moves blown up by hysteria into epic mistakes.

Let's save our agitation for the kind of thing Chris is underlining here: the team lacks the players who can reliably finish on their chances. Now THERE is a major problem worth fulminating over.

No kidding,

In reality they have 2 good lines.

Pacs Galchenyuk Gallagher (decent 1st line)

Byron Mitchell Flynn (decent 4th line.

Then they have a bunch of spare parts.

I like the D on paper when healthy, but even they can't score as a group, dead last I believe

D is dead last in goals.

But doing very well in assists/points.

Its maddening.

Kinda like Pleks. Lots of assists, no goals.

It's a bit weird that we have these guys getting all these assists, when the team seems incapable of scoring. It's some sort of logical paradox.

The scoring problem on the back-end boils down to Subban's sudden reluctance to unleash that bomb of his. That's every bit as obvious as the team's over-reliance upon said bomb last season. At some point, PK has to find the happy medium. (But boy, his overall play has been absolutely spectacular of late - he is trying to lift the team on his back single-handedly, and almost pulling it off, shift after shift).

The scoring problem on the back-end boils down to Subban's sudden reluctance to unleash that bomb of his. That's every bit as obvious as the team's over-reliance upon said bomb last season. At some point, PK has to find the happy medium. (But boy, his overall play has been absolutely spectacular of late - he is trying to lift the team on his back single-handedly, and almost pulling it off, shift after shift).

And the weird thing with Subban is he's actually shooting more than last year.

2015-16: 5.70 attempts per game, 2.65 on net

2014-15: 5.05 attempts per game, 2.07 on net

I know it seems a bit wonky stat, but Subban is easily #1 in NHL for Giveaways.

Subban is 44th in shots, 36th most missed shots

Pacioretty 4th in shots, 5th most missed shots

So does anything happen if we lose tonight. Like how many loses have to pile up before something gives.

Mostly Le Genius will say we tried hard but we can't score. Their goalie played really good. We need more dept.

So does anything happen if we lose tonight. Like how many loses have to pile up before something gives.

I doubt anything of note happens. Unless this team really continues to spiral (and starts losing really ugly), I expect they'll continue to be patient and wait for Price to come back to see if that sparks things. Even if you think Bergevin won't wait that long, I can't see them making a big change knowing they have another road game tomorrow; the more prudent move probably would be to do something after that one.

Guest Stogey24

Man, does he look washed up or what?

What the hell happened to him?

I doubt anything of note happens. Unless this team really continues to spiral (and starts losing really ugly), I expect they'll continue to be patient and wait for Price to come back to see if that sparks things. Even if you think Bergevin won't wait that long, I can't see them making a big change knowing they have another road game tomorrow; the more prudent move probably would be to do something after that one.

The Chicago game did show some hope I guess....

Getting at what Habs Rule said though. It's like Therrien is reading a cue card with the same text after every game.