The Plan: One year Tank and Rebuild for 2016-17

Commandant

- Boyle was 23 when he had that season. McCarron is 20 years old.

- The 31/31 was a complete anomaly to his future numbers since he went back to the AHL after a brief time with the Kings and could only muster 10 goals, 21 points in 41 games. He was then traded to the Rangers for a third round pick being considered a first round disappointment. It was in his second season with the Rangers he scored 21 goals and proved himself to be a valuable third liner. By then he was 27.

In other words, you need a way better example if you want to keep up the shade ;)

Ok lets try this player.

First round pick

Entered the AHL at 19, not 20 so he was even younger than McCarron

Led his AHL team in scoring as a rookie, picking up 57 points

Is a centre, whose offense has never come at the NHL level (his career high in a season is 30 points) but people respect his defensive game.

Is not quite as big as McCarron but does have decent size.

How is that comparable for rookies in the AHL.

The number of guys who scored in the AHL (And a lot more than ~35-40 points as rookies) and failed to bring offense to the NHL is long.

Lars?

Boyle's been a useful player for whatever team he's been playing for since college. A player like that would be a score with a late first.

I agree, he seems like a good pick so far. But Commandant's right that his current numbers don't mean much.

The number of guys who scored in the AHL (And a lot more than ~35-40 points as rookies) and failed to bring offense to the NHL is long.

Of course it is. You're actively rooting against the guy when he's putting some good numbers in his rookie year. All because you felt it was a bad draft choice.

He has yet to bust. Do your dance if he does bust. Until then, he's just another Habs prospect.

Hudon also had 57pts as a rookie and is doing well again, as noted in other thread would like to see him or McCarron get a call up, cant hurt the drive for a high pick.

Columbus gets 1 point

Philadelphia gets a win

Buffalo and Ottawa play a 3 point game.

Good night for tanking.

This is so sad. The greatest franchise in all of sports and we talking tanking. Fork can it get any worse.

This is so sad. The greatest franchise in all of sports and we talking tanking. Fork can it get any worse.

At this point in the season, the tank is in our best interests... maybe we had a small chance after the 3 game win streak, but the last two losses killed it.

At this point in the season, the tank is in our best interests... maybe we had a small chance after the 3 game win streak, but the last two losses killed it.

I agree but you gotta know I forking hate this.

Hudon also had 57pts as a rookie and is doing well again, as noted in other thread would like to see him or McCarron get a call up, cant hurt the drive for a high pick.

Given the play of the bums they are replacing, it might actually give us a boost!

I agree but you gotta know I forking hate this.

I hate it too, habs rule. It almost literally turns my stomach to 'cheer' for the Habs to lose. My brain understands the argument for the tank, but my heart will never accept it.

I hate it too, habs rule. It almost literally turns my stomach to 'cheer' for the Habs to lose. My brain understands the argument for the tank, but my heart will never accept it.

Agreed. I have a newfound respect for loyal Leafs fans as I suffer through this season.

Guest Stogey24

I still look forward to watching games. I don't even know why though, I either end up falling asleep or getting too pissed to finish watching.

Ok we aren't making the playoffs, so who do we get rid of? DD,Eller, Emelin, Markov, Scrivens. These 5 guys eat up 18 million in salary. They should be at the top of the list. As far as I am concerned they are all overpaid. If we have to retool this is where we start. Get some picks whatever. Scrivens falls off at the end of the year. If we have to take some expiring contracts, bad ones like these aren't, we do it. We need the draft picks and cash for the summer. These players all have some upside left in them. Let's make the best deals we can and get out of these contracts. There are only 4 guys, we can replace them with farm hands or free agents. If we have to buy em out. These are reasonable nhl'ers . We need an upgrade. Sad to see Markov go but he ain't what he once was and he won't get better. We could also throw pleks in there but I don't think anyone is taking that contract. OK flame on.

Why is no one taking pleks contract? 6 million for a guy with top 6 offence and two way play is not a bad contract at all.

he's one of the pieces i think we move forward with.

Scrivens, don't think anyone will deal for him, but if you can get a 7th, sure do it. I say that cause not many teams need goalies and reimer, hiller are better. He's ufa and will be gone in july anyway.

Markov, Eller, Emelin, DD, yup get rid of who you can.

Why is no one taking pleks contract? 6 million for a guy with top 6 offence and two way play is not a bad contract at all.

he's one of the pieces i think we move forward with.

Scrivens, don't think anyone will deal for him, but if you can get a 7th, sure do it. I say that cause not many teams need goalies and reimer, hiller are better. He's ufa and will be gone in july anyway.

Markov, Eller, Emelin, DD, yup get rid of who you can.

Pleks I don't think is worth 6 million going forward. Is he worth it right now? yeah. next year not so sure. He is going to decline. But hey if we get a good offer for sell him too.

He's 33, not 39... and he doesn't exactly play that rugged style that sees players bodies break down.

I'm not too worried about him.

Plekanec in a lot of ways is like Andy McDonald. McDonald had injury problems but even then was still able to put up points.

Take my approach then. Don't cheer for them to lose - just don't be as disappointed/upset when they do. That's my 'tank mentality'.

Me too, I still watch every game, and try to objectively view the team and it's players.

I really wonder if Therrien will have another shot at it next season, him being extended and all?

Couldn't believe Subban heard my prayers with less than 2 minutes left, I thought for sure was going to OT.

Mine too!!

Was watching the game at my bar and my customers thought I had money on Colorado for Christ sake!

Life long die hard habs fan and this is what I've turned into.

Me too, I still watch every game, and try to objectively view the team and it's players.

I really wonder if Therrien will have another shot at it next season, him being extended and all?

I say we should "promote" him to St John's, like they did with Al Mcneil. Maybe he could be asst coach.