Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Connor Murphy

Klas Dahlbeck - Zbynek Michalek

Jarred Tinordi - Michael Stone

Kevin Connauton

Louis Domingue

Anders Lindback

Scratches: Nicklas Grossmann, Viktor Tikhonov

Injuries: Boyd Gordon, Chris Pronger, Mike Smith, Joe Vitale

Puck drop is at 9 PM EST on RDS and Sportsnet East. Regional restrictions, as always, will apply.

Tinordi in a familiar spot up in the press box

*Splutter splutter*

But he's a top-4 defensive STUD! Clearly yet another coach/organization that does not know how to develop young players.

*Splutter splutter*

But he's a top-4 defensive STUD! Clearly yet another coach/organization that does not know how to develop young players.

It's kind of like how you don't hear about Sekac anymore because DSP triples him in points. He's been a big doughnut in Chicago.

Nobody said he was a top four stud, many of us simply bemoaned the type of asset management that allowed a first round pick to be played a grand total of forty minutes in three games then be traded for a number nine defenseman and John Scott. Add in two twenty five year olds with no ceiling whatsoever being played ahead of Tinordi and there's plenty to be unhappy about.

They've played him four times, btw. More of a chance for Tinordi to showcase himself than the Habs, considering game where he played six minutes.

He must be happy to be on a team with a chance to make the playoffs. LOL

first round draft pick.

6 years ago.

At some point in 6 years you either earn your spot or you don't.

Seems to me he's being healthy scratched in Phoenix too. Even if he plays tonight for let him play against his former team reasons, he's being regularly healthy scratched.

first round draft pick.

6 years ago.

At some point in 6 years you either earn your spot or you don't.

Seems to me he's being healthy scratched in Phoenix too. Even if he plays tonight for let him play against his former team reasons, he's being regularly healthy scratched.

He sat while presumably being eased into Phoenix's systems and more or less has been a regular since then.

Maybe he can share a hot dog with your boy Barberio tonight? Ha ha!

He's been a regular since then?

What?

He was scratched in phoenix's last game.

So when is he a regular since? noon today?

It makes a big difference if you do your research...

Since the Coyotes claimed Kevin Connauton off waivers from the Blue Jackets and added Jarred Tinordi from the Canadiens in a three-team trade last month, the top six have fluctuated to include the new faces.

Entering Wednesdays meeting with the Canucks, Connauton has played in all but two games following his arrival while Tinordi has been a more frequent addition to the lineup after he was given time to acclimate since he played only sparingly before the trade.

Tinordi has dressed for four of the past six games, sitting out twice after he tweaked his knee during last Tuesdays morning skate, Maloney said.

Hes still just barely getting back to a rhythm of a regular player, Maloney said. But hes big. Hes rangy. I like the way he moves the puck, but this is a very brief snapshot on Jarred. I think hes more of a long-term player for us.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nhl/coyotes/2016/02/09/arizona-coyotes-evaluating-options-defense-race-tightens/80086144/

Frankly, I don't think it's even worth debating. To suggest that giving up a first round pick for John Scott and a minor leaguer is somehow justified is too far into homerville to even argue.

the first shot on Louis Domingue should be from at least center ice. Get that mental game running in his head. In case you don't know, he's let in multiple softies past the blue line/red line. I'm hoping for an exciting game and a Canadiens regulation loss.

I actually agree that Tinordi was mishandled from an 'asset management' point of view; had we traded him earlier in the year instead of letting him rot in the press-box we probably could have gotten more. (How much more is another question). What's bothered me is more the overblown nature of the outrage. We're talking about a guy whose future ceiling - even the Phoenix coach describes him as a longer-term project, you'll note - is almost certainly that of a bottom-pairing mediocrity, if he ever becomes an NHL regular at all. It's like getting all upset at the loss of Kyle Chipchura.

Mishandled eh, so you know exactly what Habs were offered for him?

'Possibly' mishandled for sure, but I haven't heard any concrete offers that were passed up by Bergevin...you?

(I had hoped for a 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick)

Mishandled eh, so you know exactly what Habs were offered for him?

'Possibly' mishandled for sure, but I haven't heard any concrete offers that were passed up by Bergevin...you?

(I had hoped for a 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick)

Especially when second guessing, meaning looking at this as a lost year, they should have just played the guy fifty games this year. All of a sudden Pateryn sits a month for a mistake, so we know this isn't specifically about Tinordi, but a (soon to be fired) coach's inability to accept mistakes from young players.

Cheap young players are hard to find. The Habs spent 2.9 million over two years for an adequate #5 defenseman, that's my guess of what Tinordi becomes in Arizona.

Nope, like CC said, it's nothing to cry in your beer about, but with the year this management team's had, this trade is possible the shit cherry on top of the sundae.

Ihave a hard time cheering for a win. But as always ghg.

Well if I'm staying up late to watch this one they better reward me with a win. That or if they are going to lose, do it in the first period so I know and can go to bed on time.

For what it's worth, I finished reading the Graham Greene masterpiece "The Power and the Glory" today. I guess that there's a desert setting in the book, and the Coyotes play in a desert, and the Habs wear red shirts...and yeah, hopefully if they lose they don't make it a late bedtime.

Tinordi should have gotten more of a look instead of Douglas Murray. We would have had a clearer idea of what he was capable of earlier on. Therrien clinging to his vets cost us his development and eventual trade value, and it may be a similar case with Galchenyuk (Desharnais being the vet in this case).

Arizona's proven to be a decent opponent at times this year. I'm hoping for a good performance from our boys. 4 out of our last 5 wouldn't be too shabby at all.

Edit: we never would have gotten much for Tinordi whether he played or not. Those who look at this in a restropective kind of way assume he would have done something to improve his value. First off, that's largely an assumption and second of all, had he done so well, he probably doesn't get traded at all.