Montreal Canadiens vs. Colorado Avalanche | February 17th, 2016 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

We'll be at the player's tunnel early. My son has already started making signs for the game. My wife bought him a Subban Winter Classic jersey.

Sweet he is a lucky guy. Have fun and enjoy the Montreal Smoked. :)

I don't think anyone cares, but that is a good idea, and we thank you.

Haha ya its starting to get really hard to have much interest in these games. It's the way that they are losing that makes it so bad.

We'll be at the player's tunnel early. My son has already started making signs for the game. My wife bought him a Subban Winter Classic jersey.

The great thing about young fans. They don't have as bleak of outlook on things as us. They are there to see their favourite stars and will continue to cheer them on no matter what. Have fun tonight and hope the Habs give him something to cheer about.

As much as last game felt like the nail in the coffin, I still want to win tonight.

Hey everyone, my name is CK and I have a problem.

I'd like to see Eller and JDLR give MT every reason to look like a really stupid coach to give DD back the #2 or #3 spot ;)

I too expect a guy with 11 points in 30 AHL games this season to provide enough offensive game to solidify himself in a 3rd line C role.

Go Habs Go; open it up, toss the defense out the window, 4 man forecheck, score lots of goals, come close to winning and don't get blown out, but please no points.

I too expect a guy with 11 points in 30 AHL games this season to provide enough offensive game to solidify himself in a 3rd line C role.

That's perfect though for MT. Grinder grind every night, scorer can't score every night. Easy decision.

The stinkshow hits the Rockies. Restoration of dignity, that's what I'm rooting for.

I think that DLR has a better overall ability to play an NHL caliber game than at least 4 or 5 of our players, in a bottom 6 role, his defensive and physical game is something this team lacks.

How much less could he possibly contribute less than DD does?

I'll take DSP and DLR over Flash and DD all day/season long...

I think that DLR has a better overall ability to play an NHL caliber game than at least 4 or 5 of our players, in a bottom 6 role, his defensive and physical game is something this team lacks.

How much less could he possibly contribute less than DD does?

I'll take DSP and DLR over Flash and DD all day/season long...

Throw Andrighetto and Flynn (Tommy Pyatt II) in there.

Eller with Max...Ellerphiles lie in wait. This could be the day they've awaited.

We all complain about the icetime that Therrien gives DD (And i agree he hasn't done shit in a long time).

But the fact remains that its more Bergevin's fault than anyone elses. He has 4 legit top 6 options.

So what is he to do?

Go look at a guy whose never scored more than 30 points in a season in the NHL in Eller?

Keep turning to Paul Byron and Dale Weise?

Where is he to find his two other top 6 forwards.

As bad as DD has been, its not surprising to see a coach with so few offensive options hoping that a guy mired in a long slump, but at least with a history of multiple 50 point seasons could come out of it?

Jays Doctor Jason Smith examines Carey Price videos on sportsnet.

On Initial Video (November 25th)

- looks like an MCL injury

- forward or Dman could play with a brace... but not a butterfly goalie

Timeline

- MCL can heal and generally does heal in time without surgery

- Now should start to question if there is more than just the simple MCL injury, if its MCL plus something else?

Surgery

- MCL usually heals on its own without surgery. This is normal to go this long (3-4 months), but now still going and still no equipment there needs to be questions if surgery is needed and if something else is hurt (cartilage).

Shut Him Down

- I'm glad i don't have to make that decision, its tough call, but I would shut him down.

We all complain about the icetime that Therrien gives DD (And i agree he hasn't done shit in a long time).

But the fact remains that its more Bergevin's fault than anyone elses. He has 4 legit top 6 options.

So what is he to do?

Go look at a guy whose never scored more than 30 points in a season in the NHL in Eller?

Keep turning to Paul Byron and Dale Weise?

Where is he to find his two other top 6 forwards.

As bad as DD has been, its not surprising to see a coach with so few offensive options hoping that a guy mired in a long slump, but at least with a history of multiple 50 point seasons could come out of it?

I agree with you that no matter who he uses, he'll have two players getting top-6 minutes who shouldn't be. May as well use the guy who at least has an 'offensive' profile. And I also agree that it was reasonable to give Desharnais a lot of rope based on his past body of work.

That said, enough is enough. Put Galy at C, use DD on the wing - that'd be my approach. And certainly DD should not, at this stage, be getting more ice time than Galchenyuk. In short, by this point, Galy would have supplanted DD for sure in my depth chart as coach. It's just bizarre that this seems not yet to have happened.

I agree with you that no matter who he uses, he'll have two players getting top-6 minutes who shouldn't be. May as well use the guy who at least has an 'offensive' profile. And I also agree that it was reasonable to give Desharnais a lot of rope based on his past body of work.

That said, enough is enough. Put Galy at C, use DD on the wing - that'd be my approach. And certainly DD should not, at this stage, be getting more ice time than Galchenyuk. In short, by this point, Galy would have supplanted DD for sure in my depth chart as coach. It's just bizarre that this seems not yet to have happened.

This all seems reasonable.

although that line just keeps scoring (chuck - plex - gally)

and as I'm writing this produced another goal.

Until mathematically eliminated its hard to force a coach and players to break up his best line.

We may be willing to throw in the season, but the coach and players are still looking at the standings and saying 6 points out.

Wow,Lessio might have Byron's number in a race

Lessio had a nice period in general - aside from missing the net on that break. He was playing well in his first game before getting hurt; I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do if he gets in a few games before too long.