Who we gonna Draft?

habs rule

Very early playoff production for kids near Habs pick.

McLeod 4gms 1g 5pts

Sergachev 5gms 2g 5pts

Gauthier 5gms 2g 4pts

Juolevi 5gms 2a 2pts

DuBois 4gms 2g 2pts

Bean 4gms 2a 2pts

Chychrun 4gms 1a 1pt

(Nylander 3gms 6g 9pts)

He is a big kid, so who knows; but, old cliché that d-man generally take longer to develop and full time at 20 might be a bit unrealistic?

He is a big kid, so who knows; but, old cliché that d-man generally take longer to develop and full time at 20 might be a bit unrealistic?

The more I watch the more I think he could be ready quick.

Unrealistic? Ask Cam Fowler, Jacob Trouba, Rasmus Ristolainen, Noah Hanafin, Tyler Myers, all recent guys drafted around where he'd be that were in the NHL before they hit 21.

But they were not with Habs, who tend to more conservative with kids, those you mention were the exceptions; so how bout "unlikely" to be full time d-man at 20.

Nylander wont be available at 7th or 8th will he?

Possibly.

It seems Dubois is the one moving out of our range so someone is gonna fall

At eighth one of the following (and maybe 2) will be available:

- Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Dubois, Tkachuk, Nylander, Chychrun, Juolevi

Could very well be Nylander

But, you had 1-5, 5-10 & 11-15 etc done a while back.

Just couldn't remember who you ranked 8th?

Ah the February rankings. 2 months have changed some things, but here is where they stood then.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/02/16/2016-nhl-draft-rankings-february-edition-6-10/

Here is the index of all the draft articles.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2016-nhl-entry-draft-headquarters/

Last few 9th picks: Ivan Provorov, Nik Ehlers, Bo Horvat, Jake Trouba.

And again this year looks like flip a coin whether will be a forward or a d-man (like a Joulevi, Chychrun, Bean, or Sergachev)

Man I'd cream my pants if we got the 1st pick..

We'd get Matthews all while sticking to the Leafs, who just orchestrated the most professional tank job of all time?

Sign me up please!

Ever heard about the Houston Astros ?

Interesting to hear Patrick Laine is a possibly consideration for 1st pick? He was stand out at world juniors and Finnish playoffs and offensive 6'4" forward prospects get GMs drooling.

Interesting to hear Patrick Laine is a possibly consideration for 1st pick? He was stand out at world juniors and Finnish playoffs and offensive 6'4" forward prospects get GMs drooling.

He's the consensus second overall pick. Treat any first overall pick talk as TSN and other draft places as trying to create buzz and controversy that isn't there. Happens every year. Even happened in 2005 when panelists pondered if Bobby Ryan was closer to Crosby than first considered.

No was McKeens who has Laine as #1...but also have McLeod as #3 ranked kid (so?). But doubt they are doing so for buzz or controversy per say, could be but?