Dec. 8, Devils vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Can it be...our boys won a game by more than one goal!!!  Great game by the Habs tonight. A season high 46 shots on net! 

2 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Satisfied with everyone's game tonight. Every single one of them.

Fully agree. Danault and Lehkonen played great together, Mitchell and Gallagher were chippy and strong on the forecheck, Redmond and Beaulieu were a solid pair (especially for two guys returning from injury), and even Pacioretty was all over the ice in the third period, looking bigger and faster than everyone else on the ice. 

Very strong effort by the entire team

Pleasantly surprised by tonight's big win.  It seems that everyone played hard, and they kept it simple by shooting often and going to the net without too much fancy stuff...and by God it worked.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

yup, him and Beaulieu are a good pair

Yup- impressive win   Just maybe, with the injuries, some of these young guys will get substantial reps without being jerked around all over the line up. By the end of the year, our injuries may be a blessing in disguise.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
28 minutes ago, BlueKross said:

Yup- impressive win   Just maybe, with the injuries, some of these young guys will get substantial reps without being jerked around all over the line up. By the end of the year, our injuries may be a blessing in disguise.

Like who

Carr isn't even an NHLer, if you ask me. 

Andrighetto has the skill, but can't put it together with the big boys. 

12 hours ago, CerebusClone said:

Can't help but think that Carey Price deserves at the very least a visit to the head of player safety, and possibly a suspension for that. No matter how you feel for Price and the Habs, this type of gratuitous aggression on another defense-less player is simply unacceptable... Price was pissed off, and took his anger out by hitting repeatedly a guy lying on the ice. 

nah, was just a few love taps!

• Upvote 1

Well maybe the sky isn't falling quite yet?

Love the bottom six speed and Habs made Jersey look pretty bad at times.

Friggin game was so long, my recording ended and missed last couple minutes of game, they really like to drag out those reviews.

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Like who

I would say Carr is a bit more of a NHLer than Andrighetto, although a depth player at best it would seem. Andrighetto is very similar to Yaninck Weber,he has some skills, but he's missing a few fractions of a second to be effective at the NHL level. 

As for who could benefit now from the injuries, Danault comes to mind as someone who could emerge in a greater role. The other one would be Charles Hudon, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Montreal instead of Andrighetto if he can play through the weekend, and show he's now 100%. 

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Like who

Yeah there is a couple, might add Danault, Hudon, McCarron, Redmond.  I'm trying to put a positive spin on our loses. Don't count anybody out yet. Most players take a couple of years before they are bona fied NHL's.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
6 minutes ago, JMMR said:

Carr to me is a sure fire NHLer.

Guy is little rat out there, teams love guys that skate, win puck battles and with more NHL time he will improve his hands and passing.

its not his hands and passing. It's his skating 

27 minutes ago, JMMR said:

Price going to player safety for that would be a joke. Guys get punched just as bad or worse in scrums on a regular basis. Carey was just giving him a tickle. 

How is it ridiculous to at the very least maybe have a hearing with player safety about deliberately and repeatedly punching a guy lying down in the ice? Would you say Schneider was just tickling Gallagher if they had done the same to him?

Not to mention that Carey's first punch was a blocker hit to the head, he was lucky not to be expelled from the game as per the rule book. That alone deserves at least a phone call IMO...

If the damned dumb-ass joke of a league actually protected its  goalies, maybe Price wouldn't have done that. He was sending a message to the officiating as much as anything else, if you ask me.