Dec. 10, Avalanche vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

14 minutes ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

You mean 9-1.

I posted that when there was 1 minute left in the 2nd. I didn't expect that last second goal, but I'm happy to stand corrected.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

So only 6 Habs without a point that period; Beaulieu, Weber, Emelin, Mitchell, Radulov, and Price. 

Slackers. 

and Mitchell with an assist on Pacioretty's 4th goal. Only Beaulieu, Emelin, Weber and Price without points. 

Now it's 10-0 !!

I love the HIIC trivia after that goal.  This Habs team is the first one to both score 10 and give up 10 goals in the same season, since the 1985-86 season.  Let's hope they end the post season the same as that 85-86 team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

and Mitchell with an assist on Pacioretty's 4th goal. Only Beaulieu, Emelin, Weber and Price without points. 

Slackers!  :-) 

• Upvote 1

So happy that Zadorov's stupid cross check on Mitchell cost his team the 10th goal... instead of playing defense and keeping his focus on the puck he went after Mitchell, in the meantime the puck was free for Pacioretty to score his 4th and humiliate the Avalanche with their first ever 10 goals against in franchise history. 

Guest Stogey24

What a game!

Hit of the year by Emelin 

I'm so sick of Gary Galley. Just bringing down the Habs the entire game. Can't stand the guy 

Well, if Price can't get a shutout in that game I'm not sure when he ever will. :ph34r:

I didn't like the hit - more the timing than anything.  It's 10-1, that wasn't needed, especially considering the whole game had been played with the intensity of an intrasquad matchup.  The Habs are fortunate that Colorado's tough guy didn't dress or those last few minutes could have gone a lot differently.

I also would have liked to see Montoya play in the 3rd.  It's highly irregular to pull the goalie when you're winning but it would have been a chance to get Price off his skates knowing he'll be starting against Boston and give Montoya a bit more work.

But all in all, that was a fun game.  That might help erase the memories in Columbus a bit.

36 minutes ago, habscout said:

Now it's 10-0 !!

I love the HIIC trivia after that goal.  This Habs team is the first one to both score 10 and give up 10 goals in the same season, since the 1985-86 season.  Let's hope they end the post season the same as that 85-86 team.

Amen, brother

So, 5-2 vs. NJ.

10-1 vs. Col.

How about 15-0 vs. Boston? Just to keep the pattern going?

That's where it would have to end, though. While 20 goals scored would be amazing, the real problem is that can't figure out how we can get San José to score negative 1 goals next Friday.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

So, 5-2 vs. NJ.

10-1 vs. Col.

How about 15-0 vs. Boston? Just to keep the pattern going?

That's where it would have to end, though. While 20 goals scored would be amazing, the real problem is that can't figure out how we can get San José to score negative 1 goals next Friday.

How about a goal called off for the opponent just to hit em where it hurts hahaha

• Upvote 1

I didn't like the Emelin hit. I do wonder though, how the whole cbc narrative would have gone if it was Toronto running up the score and Polock giving that hit. Not to mention the lack of knowledge by the entire staff that Emelin has a face full of steel and can't fight. It doesn't excuse the hit.  It was a bad choice. 

TSN also showed that Price did not hit the guy in the head with the blocker. CBC stance... Price is the only goalie in the league that gets away with that. 

I know it's sports net,  but dismantle CBC already. Communist publicly owned propoganda machine. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I didn't like the Emelin hit. I do wonder though, how the whole cbc narrative would have gone if it was Toronto running up the score and Polock giving that hit. Not to mention the lack of knowledge by the entire staff that Emelin has a face full of steel and can't fight. It doesn't excuse the hit.  It was a bad choice. 

TSN also showed that Price did not hit the guy in the head with the blocker. CBC stance... Price is the only goalie in the league that gets away with that. 

I know it's sports net,  but dismantle CBC already. Communist publicly owned propoganda machine. 

Thank you Kellie Leitch.  You do know that Sportsnet actually controls HNIC, right?

Anyway, hilarious game. Colorado has lots of work to do.

I do realize that. That's why I said,  I know it's sportsnet. The tone and the cast is mostly  cbc idiots idiots though. Tsn would have been so much better. Anyway, you would have agreed if I didn't say something conservative in the same statement so...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I do realize that. That's why I said,  I know it's sportsnet. The tone and the cast is mostly  cbc idiots idiots though. Tsn would have been so much better. Anyway, you would have agreed if I didn't say something conservative in the same statement so...

No question, I've radiated contempt for the HNIC crew for years, and TSN would indeed have been the best outcome for everyone except the idiots that work on that show. What I objected to was the "abolish the CBC" sentiment - not that I am an uncritical enthusiast of that institution either. Anyway. this ain't a political forum, let's resume our regularly-scheduled cackling over this laughter of a hockey game.

best thing was Bob Cole didn't call the game! Romanuk-was he really missed during his tenure in Europe? Galley-minor league colour guy. Emelin's check would never have drawn a penalty had it been in the first period. It was about perfect and across the hips, not the knees

danault continues to completely impress me. MB was on to something when he had him included in the deal sending fleish and weise to the hawks.  he's getting better by the game and is really tough to knock off the puck.