Habs @ Leafs, Jan 7, 19:00 ET

illWill

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another classic clueless shift from Johnston results in a goal for the Leafs.  He did a great job checking Barberio on the goal.

Weber got the extra two at the end of the period so the Habs, who can't kill a penalty to save their lives right now, will be shorthanded to start the 3rd.

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Another classic clueless shift from Johnston results in a goal for the Leafs.  He did a great job checking Barberio on the goal.

Weber got the extra two at the end of the period so the Habs, who can't kill a penalty to save their lives right now, will be shorthanded to start the 3rd.

ooops

The difference in this team from last year is night and day.  Decimated lineup, long road trip, every excuse you'd ever want to just fold....but instead they take 10 out of 14 points and keep a solid spot in the standings.  There is a lot to be excited about right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I hate to spoil a great win with negative commentary, but why the #%$& is Johnston playing?  What did Redmond do to Therrien?  This makes absolutely no sense.  Johnston is barely an AHL defencemen, why is he playing all these games while Redmond (whose played 120 NHL games) sits?

50 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

The difference in this team from last year is night and day.  Decimated lineup, long road trip, every excuse you'd ever want to just fold....but instead they take 10 out of 14 points and keep a solid spot in the standings.  There is a lot to be excited about right now.

yes captain kirk has done a hell of a job.

35 minutes ago, habs rule said:

yes captain kirk has done a hell of a job.

The powerplay looked really good today in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

The powerplay looked really good today in my opinion. 

I thought it got exposed a bit once Toronto started putting pressure on the Habs with their speedy forwards, but it definitely wasn't a Powerkill like it was at the beginning of this road trip.

That Leafs team will be giving us nightmares in a few years, so let's take it while we can.  After Scherbak potted his first he made me nervous whenever he was on the ice.  Emelin is a net negative in possession, right? with all his icings and blow-byes. But we can't afford to lose him.  Paper thin roster scraping out points.

Matthews-Marner the best young duo since Kane and Toews?

1 hour ago, Neech said:

That Leafs team will be giving us nightmares in a few years, so let's take it while we can.  After Scherbak potted his first he made me nervous whenever he was on the ice.  Emelin is a net negative in possession, right? with all his icings and blow-byes. But we can't afford to lose him.  Paper thin roster scraping out points.

Matthews-Marner the best young duo since Kane and Toews?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I will kindly ask you to never mention this again...

And offer up 3 "Leafs suck" as repentance.