Blandisi and Lucchini are in. Varone and Barber are out.

JoeLassister

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Varone and Barber must have done something off ice that required first a benching and second the organization to want them out.  

Or the trade was already done (but not announced) so Bouchard didn't play them, maybe to avoid risk of injury?

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

Not sure why he flew to colorado for that, 

unfortunately i could not find out what hotel he was at so i could council him a correct rebuild 

He's crashing on my couch. He played D for my son's squirt team this past weekend.

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Or the trade was already done (but not announced) so Bouchard didn't play them, maybe to avoid risk of injury?

He played them last night

I doubt it took from sunday to thursday to complete the trade and then we played them on wednesday.

Sounds more like something happened.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Nice, Im sure he brought CHaracter to the team if not talent 

Did you council him on how to rebuild? 

Council... that word doesnt mean what you think it does.  Youve used it twice now.

Its counsel.

12 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Id also point out that the trade is a clear downgrade in talent.  Barber and varone are better AHL players than Blandisi and Lucchino.  

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Id also point out that the trade is a clear downgrade in talent.  Barber and varone are better AHL players than Blandisi and Lucchino. 

So ... conflict with Bouchard?

Dumont of the athletic suggests some.sort of issue.

“I didn’t take them out of the lineup because I thought they were playing excellent hockey,” said Joël Bouchard.

Dumont in his article says young players are working hard but varone and barber were going through the motions.

Ah a trade, I didnt hear about this one, sounds like 2 guys that needed to just be gone.

I guess Bouchard couldn't get them to listen to him or staff...just like a Galchenyuk or Subban I suppose.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

That seems to be a pattern with a lot of Montreal's in-season AHL-AHL swaps.  One day, it would be nice to bring in the more talented AHL player.

I don't mind Blandisi - he's a useful top-six player but Lucchini seems more like roster filler than anything.

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That seems to be a pattern with a lot of Montreal's in-season AHL-AHL swaps.  One day, it would be nice to bring in the more talented AHL player.

I don't mind Blandisi - he's a useful top-six player but Lucchini seems more like roster filler than anything.

I dont mind blandisi either.  That said

Barber is better than Blandisi

Varone is better than Lucchini

Thats where i say clear downgrade.

Bouchard said today that he would not have benched them for no reason.

the play by play guy at TSN690 said that they did not accept their role with the team, to have to play behind Kotkaniemi, Poehling and Vejdemo. “They were going through the paces”.

they didn’t want them around the team 

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Bouchard said today that he would not have benched them for no reason.

the play by play guy at TSN690 said that they did not accept their role with the team, to have to play behind Kotkaniemi, Poehling and Vejdemo. “They were going through the paces”.

they didn’t want them around the team 

The problem is that they didn't have to play behind them.  Barber's a winger, not a centre while Varone has been on the left wing most of the year.  They should have been playing with someone like Kotkaniemi, not behind the likes of Kevin Lynch.

Habs management likes their players doing the goose step when told, otherwise they got shipped out.  Still remember lafleur being forced to retire early by Savard/lemaire and the rocket was forced out before he wanted as well.

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I do not disagree, but that is what was said on the radio today, on the pregame show.

I think Bouchard got his marching orders 

From who?  Marc Bergevin wouldn't be telling Bouchard to play guys on minor league contracts ahead of the players that he signed to big two-way deals just last summer.

The veterans struggled last year and are struggling even more this year.  To me, that's a coaching issue.