Jump to content

Apr 16, Flames at Canadiens, 6:00 PM


tomh009
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Well, I view that as a good period, only because the Flames could have scored numerous goals, but didn't.

It was a good period in terms of the result but not in terms of how the Habs played ... they can't keep relying on Patrick's Friends

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

IDK what to think of Staal. You think he is better than Evans?

 

Thats a good question.  I was certainly hoping to see more from Staal.  It sucks for Evans, and other C's in Laval too.  If Staal does start doing really well they'll probably bring him back next year.  If the Habs let Staal walk, the reason they needed him this year will likely still exist next year too.  So no matter what happens, his odds aren't looking good this year or next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Thats a good question.  I was certainly hoping to see more from Staal.  It sucks for Evans, and other C's in Laval too.  If Staal does start doing really well they'll probably bring him back next year.  If the Habs let Staal walk, the reason they needed him this year will likely still exist next year too.  So no matter what happens, his odds aren't looking good this year or next. 

There was a reason Staal had to waive his NTC for trade ... finishing the year by himself in Montreal is different than either moving his family to montreal next season or being away from them for a full season ... don't know whether he would sign

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

There was a reason Staal had to waive his NTC for trade ... finishing the year by himself in Montreal is different than either moving his family to montreal next season or being away from them for a full season ... don't know whether he would sign

 

Sorry, half asleep. 

 

He could move his family to Ottawa and still see them regularily. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd really like Romanov to work on getting his shots through to the net. He seems like the worst D for shots into shinpads.

 

Oddly enough, Edmundson seems really good at getting his shot through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

There was a reason Staal had to waive his NTC for trade ... finishing the year by himself in Montreal is different than either moving his family to montreal next season or being away from them for a full season ... don't know whether he would sign

At this point if we are talking about signing Stall next year, when he hasn’t shown enough this year is insane. He’s a depth centre at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

At this point if we are talking about signing Stall next year, when he hasn’t shown enough this year is insane. He’s a depth centre at this point.

I agree ... wasn't advocating it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Trizzak said:

If Armies could play like this every night...

If my aunt ....................

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tomh009 said:

Toffoli is now on pace for 45 goals over 82 games. His career year to date was only 31 ...

Yep, and Suzuki with two helpers. Let’s hope he finishes like he started!

stile two points tonight!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:
3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

At this point if we are talking about signing Stall next year, when he hasn’t shown enough this year is insane. He’s a depth centre at this point.

I agree ... wasn't advocating it

 

Ya, my comment was if he did well, which he is isn't, hence wondering if Evans might be better.  However, even if Evans is better its still the same issue of having 3 C's that are very young.  If Staal walks they'll likely have to sign a UFA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Ya, my comment was if he did well, which he is isn't, hence wondering if Evans might be better.  However, even if Evans is better its still the same issue of having 3 C's that are very young.  If Staal walks they'll likely have to sign a UFA.

All three of our young centres will be a year older next year, though, so potentially a smaller problem than this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...