April 26, Canadiens @ Flames, 6:30pm EST

TurdBurglar

15 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

So once they have 12 healthy forwards either Caufield gets called up and Romanov is on the taxi squad/AHL until the playoffs, and the Rocket season is over (dlbair pointed out earlier today in another thread that: the four-recall rule is in effect until Laval's season comes to an end.  That's currently May 15th but would be extended if there are AHL playoffs after all ... or Caufield's emergency recall ends and Romanov gets called up ... much will depend on how Caufield does in the short-term

It actually has been extended to May 17th with some schedule changes the league made today.

I have to admit, when I said yesterday that there wasn't a combination of moves I could think of to make this work, I didn't give much thought to Romanov as I didn't think they'd risk making him ineligible for an extended stretch to carry a 12th forward for a game or two until Drouin or Byron return. 

2 minutes ago, bbp said:

NHL.com is saying that Romanov is in? So is he on taxi squad or playing?

Out of the lineup.  Romanov is no longer on the active roster.  As has been noted above, once they get back to having a full contingent of forwards, they'll be forced to use their final recall on either Romanov or by converting Caufield to a regular recall, effectively making the other one ineligible for the rest of the season barring emergency conditions.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Out of the lineup.  Romanov is no longer on the active roster.  As has been noted above, once they get back to having a full contingent of forwards, they'll be forced to use their final recall on either Romanov or by converting Caufield to a regular recall, effectively making the other one ineligible for the rest of the season barring emergency conditions.

Silly that someone employed by NHL.com can't get that right...

They have...

Chiarot-Weber

Edmundson-Petry

Romanov-Merill

with Kulak and Gustaf scratched. Who is in?

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

Like I said at deadline I would of traded Tatar for draft picks since we're not going to bring him back anyway and play the kid in his spot. But Bergevin didn't and this kid has been sitting since. Makes no sense to me why they didn't trade Tatar since they planned on calling up Caufiled. 

Because Tatar will help you win more right now than the kid will.

And after leading the team with 61pts last year, he is on a 53point pace, so aint hurting the team any.

4 minutes ago, bbp said:

Silly that someone employed by NHL.com can't get that right...

They have...

Chiarot-Weber

Edmundson-Petry

Romanov-Merill

with Kulak and Gustaf scratched. Who is in?

Top four stay the same, Gustafsson-Merrill is the third pairing as per the lineup the Habs just released now.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to seeing Caulfield. I’m not one of those who hypes prospects up and in fact like veterans more than your average person, but he’s the real deal. No expectations right off the bat but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him put the puck in the net soon.

:gohabsgo:

Big game in general here. 4-2 Habs

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Don’t like Romanov being out but I guess it’s what they had to do 

This is dumb. Just dumb, dumb, dumb!  How is Gustafson or Merril a better option than Romanov- even when you consider where he is in his career???  If you wanna play Caufield, send Stall down. Oh, wait, he’s probably got a NMC? How does a GM that is been on the job fir 10 friggin years make rookie mistakes like this to handcuff himself?????

25 minutes ago, bbp said:

NHL.com is saying that Romanov is in? So is he on taxi squad or playing?

So what’s the lineup? On Saturday, we basically don’t know who’s playing goal until almost game time. What the hell is going on???

19 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Top four stay the same, Gustafsson-Merrill is the third pairing as per the lineup the Habs just released now.

Well that still sucks. Great trades and pickups!! Would have been better without them and Stall!

7 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

This is dumb. Just dumb, dumb, dumb!  How is Gustafson or Merril a better option than Romanov- even when you consider where he is in his career???  If you wanna play Caufield, send Stall down. Oh, wait, he’s probably got a NMC? How does a GM that is been on the job fir 10 friggin years make rookie mistakes like this to handcuff himself?????

Gustafson is downright scary out there!

Caufield is always alone in open ice ready to score - please pass him the puck

28 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It actually has been extended to May 17th with some schedule changes the league made today.

I have to admit, when I said yesterday that there wasn't a combination of moves I could think of to make this work, I didn't give much thought to Romanov as I didn't think they'd risk making him ineligible for an extended stretch to carry a 12th forward for a game or two until Drouin or Byron return. 

I think if Caufield plays well, they will keep Romanov down and count on the 7 on the roster.   (I'd rather see Kulak than Gustafsson).

If Caufield struggles, Romanov will come back.

Nice to see Weber blast one in 🚨

1-0 Habs

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

Like I said at deadline I would of traded Tatar for draft picks since we're not going to bring him back anyway and play the kid in his spot. But Bergevin didn't and this kid has been sitting since. Makes no sense to me why they didn't trade Tatar since they planned on calling up Caufiled. 

That is an interesting argument.  I'd rather move Tatar than Armia because Armia could be brought back for a lot less money. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

The smart move would have been not bothering with Gustafsson, 

That could be true.  However, I do have faith in whoever picks the people the Habs target.  They generally do a great job.  I'm surprised Staal isnt doing better. 

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That sucks that Romanov has to be out because he has been playing better with more confidence lately.  I was going to suggest they try pairing him with Weber again because he'd likely do better now than he did last time. 

44 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Montreal's lines:

Tatar-Danault-Caufield

Toffoli-Armia-Suzuki

Anderson-Kotkaniemi-Perry

Lehkonen-Staal-Evans

D'oh.  Those lines are terrible, even if Armia wasnt C. 

I'd go with:

Toffoli-Suzuki- Caufield

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Perry

Anderson-Danault-Armia

Lehkonen-Staal-Evans

That would put their top scorers on 1st line, 2nd scoring line, and 3rd is a checking line, and 4th as crash n bang energy line. 

36 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Staal is not an option to be sent down.  The paper transactions after the deadline made two players eligible for demotion - Romanov and Byron.  You can't demote an injured player which left Romanov.  Has nothing to do with any sort of trade protection, those are the post-deadline rules.