Stanley Cup Final, Canadiens @ Lightning, 8PM EST

TurdBurglar

6 minutes ago, DON said:

I am not a "stats guy" (neither worship nor ignore them, just never have gotten into them) so not certain what your point is.

But do they show the difference between Edmundson assisting on the third goal and one of his clearing attempts getting stopped at the point?  An increase in mental errors can be in frequency, severity or a combination of both.

14 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Actually, I think he has learned out how to get under the Habs skin ... Danault rarely tries to take a guys head off.

Sergachev is having a huge impact on the series. He is a stud and mean as sin to boot.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, huzer said:

Dangit!

(Sure seems like there are a lot of people in this thread that don't really want the Habs to win. Positivity just flooooows.)

There are people here who haven't posted since the leafs series, cause they only post when we lose. 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Actually, I think he has learned out how to get under the Habs skin ... Danault rarely tries to take a guys head off.

The way Sergachev did to Lehkonen?

My point was, your "violence begets violence" applies to Sergachev as well, especially as he is the one that boarded Lehkonen first.

1 hour ago, DON said:

It is just stats. But it's clear that Petry and Gustafsson (even in his limited TOI) are the two D-men that are able to move the puck.

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

It is just stats. But it's clear that Petry and Gustafsson (even in his limited TOI) are the two D-men that are able to move the puck.

I'll keep repeating that Gustafsson would be a good LD to sign and play with Weber. He will make mistakes and would be almost as much vilified as Brisebois... but he would produce points scoring chances for the Habs and help us get wins

11 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I'll keep repeating that Gustafsson would be a good LD to sign and play with Weber. He will make mistakes and would be almost as much vilified as Brisebois... but he would produce points scoring chances for the Habs and help us get wins

If we want a LHPMD ... this is what they look like. Most of them will be offensive and have defensive challenges. Unless we are willing to pay $11M (and four first-round draft picks) and try to steal Heiskanen or Makar. But I can't see that fitting within the cap, not with the current core of the team, even if Drouin is gone. Not to mention the four picks.

At this point, based on his play and usage so far, I am expecting to see Gustafsson playing for the Habs next year, assuming a contract can be negotiated.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If we want a LHPMD ... this is what they look like. Most of them will be offensive and have defensive challenges. Unless we are willing to pay $11M (and four first-round draft picks) and try to steal Heiskanen or Makar. But I can't see that fitting within the cap, not with the current core of the team, even if Drouin is gone. Not to mention the four picks.

At this point, based on his play and usage so far, I am expecting to see Gustafsson playing for the Habs next year, assuming a contract can be negotiated.

Agreed

5 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If we want a LHPMD ..

I had an LHPMD. Constant carburetor problems.

Traded for an off red SKODA. Way off. 

But it was a chick magnet. Attracted girls to other guys with better cars like crazy. 

I wrote about it in my new book, a worst seller. "The Dating Desert". 

Ahh...memories.. 

7 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

I had an LHPMD. Constant carburetor problems.

Traded for an off red SKODA. Way off. 

But it was a chick magnet. Attracted girls to other guys with better cars like crazy. 

I wrote about it in my new book, a worst seller. "The Dating Desert". 

Ahh...memories.. 

That's just desserts! Should have put Weber carbs on that baby, it would have given you way more jets to play with! :D

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

That's just desserts! Should have put Weber carbs on that baby, it would have given you way more jets to play with! :D

Unfortunately my SKOA was fool injected! 🙄

8 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I tried desserts too. No sale. They usually just told me to wipe all that sticky gooey crap off and put some clothes on or they'd call the police. 

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

The way Sergachev did to Lehkonen?

My point was, your "violence begets violence" applies to Sergachev as well, especially as he is the one that boarded Lehkonen first.

Wasn't implying it didn't ... just that tit-for-tat retaliation only escalates the actions on both sides (hence "begets") and there is no guarantee the Habs end up better off than the Bolts ... don't like attempts to injure from either side ... and don't think that vengeance/revenge actions do anything to deter the original "offender" ... it just satisfies bloodlust.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:39 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’ll say what folks seem to be nervous articulating. Price had ups and downs in Game One and did not look impressive last night. The one thing this group will never overcome is sub-standard Price. He HAS to come back strong. Otherwise this will be a sweep.

If Price recovers, though? Way too soon to throw in the towel.

I absolutely agree.  The Habs would be done by now if it wasn't for Price, he's been incredible in these playoffs.   Price did allow a few fairly weak goals getting to the Cup.  However, in the Cup Final he's already allowed more weak goals than in Rounds 1-3.  Those fairly weak goals are killing them.  

The Bolts likely believe they are invincible because they're the returning Champs and they haven't lost 2 playoff games in a row in years.  The Habs absolutely must break that streak, and because they lost the 1st 2 games it means they need to do it twice.  If the Habs can break that streak and tie the Series hopefully that will put some doubt into the Bolts heads and allow the Habs to repeat it.  

Ultimately, in a 7 Game series a team isn't in trouble until they lose at home.   The Habs haven't lost at home yet.   Price has been known to rebound after bad games.   Hopefully, he comes out stronger than ever.   

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think Price has let in one weak goal in the Final (the first goal in game 2). Not sure what else was weak.

I agree - I’d say one weak goal.  But he wasn’t he wasn’t the same Price the shut the door Price coming up with the amazing save when needed. That’s part of the issue when you need your goalie to win a bunch of games 1-0.  There were a lot of defensive miscues in the other series that Price covered up, and that didn’t happen in critical times the last two games, like the first three rounds.

14 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

"Weak" may not be the right word. But he has not outplayed Vasilevskiy so far in the series. Hope tonight will change that.

In fairness to Price, last game while Tampa had far less shots than us, the quality of their shot was much better than ours. Price still made some amazing saves. I don’t how much of it is Vasilevskiy having solid positioning, us shooting and hitting him dead centre, or a combination of both.