2021 NHL Offseason

Trizzak

2 hours ago, DON said:

Agree, i think he knew Danault was not in 21-22 plan awhile ago.

Maybe is roll the marbles in October and see how the start to season goes before making any centre upgrade?

that is what I expect.

Maybe there is a salary cap crunch for other teams at the  end of camp and the Habs can make a hockey deal for a veteran middle-6 centre

Edited by alfredoh2009
added "at end of camp"

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

I do think we sink or swim with the kids at centre. They are the future, whether they are ready or not this year.

Bit concerned seeing Suzuki getting run over several times last year. Sure he bounced right up each time, but he best learn to keep head up bit better than he did last year. :popcorn:

54 minutes ago, DON said:

Bit concerned seeing Suzuki getting run over several times last year. Sure he bounced right up each time, but he best learn to keep head up bit better than he did last year. :popcorn:

True. Suzuki is not a secret anymore. Teams will definitely focus on him a bit more.  The development of KK would help a lot in that regard. I think we have a pretty good idea of what Suzuki will do, likely 20-25 goals and 65-70 points in a full season.  It's KK that's a mystery.  His development is so important to the Habs next year. 

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

yeah, _ THAT_  bum!!! overrated, over the hill, over paid, over played, good for nothing, old timer. No wonder the Habs have never won anything 🙄

We should buy him out and play Primeau instead. At least the kid is cheap and has a french name

EXACTLY where did I say anything close to that?????

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

EXACTLY where did I say anything close to that?????

no where, this is me trying to be funny... and failing miserably 🤡

13 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

no where, this is me trying to be funny... and failing miserably 🤡

might have had a "better" chance if you didn't post it as a reply to another post ... and with some expanded context

10 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

might have had a "better" chance if you didn't post it as a reply to another post ... and with some expanded context

As a general rule, people don't like to see their post/ideas misrepresented, whether in jest or not.

53 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

there is only so much one can do on a phone during breaks from work

25 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

As a general rule, people don't like to see their post/ideas misrepresented, whether in jest or not.

will pay more attention in the future, hoping other posters were this mindful.

On 8/23/2021 at 5:18 PM, tomh009 said:

... Beyond that, the big elephant is the room is which Carey Price we will see this season when he returns from surgery.

Which Price we see is still unknown ... but sounds good on the health front.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Which Price we see is still unknown ... but sounds good on the health front.

That's good -- hopefully no need to scramble for a backup goalie for the first part of the season.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

That's good -- hopefully no need to scramble for a backup goalie for the first part of the season.

I assume Primeau was plan B to start year, if need be.

7 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Probably, yes. But he's really not ready yet.

I know, pretty sure he looked very rattled in his last 2 games. 

May 6, 2021 @ Toronto Maple Leafs* 1 4 20:00 15 L 12,0 0,733  
  May 12, 2021 vs. Edmonton Oilers* 1 4 60:27 22 OTL 3,97 0,818

So I don’t know if much can be read into it, Eric Engels tweeted Eichel was on a plane to Montreal with his hockey sticks, turns out it’s for the biosteel camp in Montreal. 

Yesterday Eichel tweeted, “See you soon @CanadiensMTL.”  Is the camp hosted by the Canadiens, which would explain the tweet, or is there something else at play?

2 hours ago, huzer said:

There's no Eichel tweet, only Engels who has since apologized for stirring this up.

My mistake, it was a fake account.  This is why I hate Twitter.  I follow like 5 people, all reputable, and Twitter gives my a bunch of updates from fake accounts.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cruel ... but funny

Evander Kane defending himself in an ESPN interview ... he frankly admits he has had a gambling problem, but denies betting on hockey or throwing games ... the latter allegation always sounded "off" to me as a forward can't really do a lot to throw a game.